Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 16th August 2008, 20:36   #161  |  Link
chavonbravo

I get an error opening an individual EVO file from gui on planet earth hddvd:

Error opening Media Key File ...HVDVD_TS/AACS/MKBROM.AACS

ERROR: LOADMKB, errnr: -1
aacskeys ERROR: LOADMKB, errnr: -1
Failed retrieving keys from source

Why is it looking for MKBROM in HVDVD_TS/AACS instead of AACS?

Edit: Happens when I selected a single file as source, instead of the root of the hddvd or bluray. When selecting root, all works fine. But this presents a problem if you only want to stream one file via command line. Can anything be done differently, am I missing something?

Last edited by chavonbravo; 16th August 2008 at 23:34.
chavonbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 22:28   #162  |  Link
chavonbravo

Another question, as I already answered myself above, has anyone gotten streaming to work with this in linux? Mplayer and xine both don't work for me. Mplayer gives an error about not being able to seek backwards, and xine can't find a demux plugin. Playing from file works fine, but I'd really rather get this working by streaming.

Edit: okay, keep on answering myself. Mplayer needs a cache, so add a -cache 8192 to command line and it works. Xine is still a no go, which is what I'd prefer.

Last edited by chavonbravo; 16th August 2008 at 23:06.
Old 17th August 2008, 16:06   #163  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonbravo View Post
Why is it looking for MKBROM in HVDVD_TS/AACS instead of AACS?
Because the author of DumpHD forgot to adjust the path passed to aacskeys to work as intended . As a workaround, just make sure that the disc is already in the key database (e.g. opening the disc from the GUI is enough) when using file streaming, then aacskeys isn't used and it should work fine.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 07:58   #164  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Is the source code of DumpHD available?
Old 20th August 2008, 05:16   #165  |  Link
KenD00

No, its not. Well, not yet. I wanted to release it someday, but not in its current stage. But i haven't touched it for almost a year now, there was no real reason to do so, the community was far behind the MKB revision and DumpHD was getting obsolete. However, the recent events changed that situation and i have the feeling i could invest some work again to make it "releasable". Now all i need is some time (and a working computer) .

Old 20th August 2008, 06:27   #166  |  Link
chavonbravo

Well, after some manual java bytecode editing, modifying a constant, and adding a method to the class, got this working. Here is same 0.4 package with a different dumphd.jar that works with selecting a single file as well as the root directory of the disc.
(much better for streaming)

p.s. The value used in AACSDecrypter.class that is passed to GetKeys should be aacsdir.getParent() instead of srcDir.getPath(). This will work better, KenD00. Hope you do release the source some day. It's much easier to modify that than what I had to do. This works GREAT, thanks, I finally have bluray/hddvd working as I'd like.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dumphd_0.4.zip (193.4 KB, 224 views)
Old 22nd August 2008, 02:26   #167  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonbravo View Post
The value used in AACSDecrypter.class that is passed to GetKeys should be aacsdir.getParent() instead of srcDir.getPath()
Yeah, for now that is a good solution, but this won't work with BDAV discs . Shame on me that you had to edit the bytecode but great work, thanks.

Old 20th September 2008, 19:29   #168  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD 0.45

I don't believe it myself, but after one year here comes a new version of DumpHD . The main new features are Blu-Ray Recordable support and a changed file mode. From the changelog:

Code:
2008-09-20: 0.45
- Experimental Blu-Ray Recordable support (with multiple CPS Units, BDMV, BDAV with Aux Directories and Thumbnails)
- Updated Key Database to version 1.3, new entry types: M (Media Key), B (Binding Nonce), P (Protected Area Key)
- DumpHD can now calculate the VUK / PAK if only the Media Key and Volume ID / Binding Nonce is given
- Replaced single file mode with multiple files mode (works only in CLI mode)
- ACAPacker now works with direct key retrieval too
The Blu-Ray recordable stuff is experimental because i couldn't test it, i don't have any AACS protected recording, so please test this feature and report back if it's not working. Because the current available accskeys version cannot process recordables fully automatic DumpHD can't either. You need to have at least the Media Key and the Binding Nonce of the disc in the key database to decrypt it.

The single file mode has been replaced by the multiple files mode, now you always have to select the root directory from the disc. To not process the whole disc, specify the files to process on the command line, they will be processed in the listed order. This feature does not work from the GUI yet, it's main purpose is to use it for streaming output.

I have updated the download links in the first post, download the new version from there.

Old 20th September 2008, 20:24   #169  |  Link
CiNcH

Hey guys, just tried DumpHD. But I get the following error:

Code:

The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

ERROR: SENDHOSTCHAL: SK: 0x5, ASC: 0x6F, ASCQ: 0x00, errnr: -2

aacskeys ERROR: SENDHOSTCHAL: SK: 0x5, ASC: 0x6F, ASCQ: 0x00, errnr: -2
Failed retrieving keys from source
Does anybody know what that means?
Old 20th September 2008, 21:03   #170  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
I don't believe it myself, but after one year here comes a new version of DumpHD .
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
Hey guys, just tried DumpHD. But I get the following error:
"The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive."
It means your drive refuses to send you the volume id of the disc because the certificate which is used by dumphd/aacskeys has been revoked.

Now you can:
1. get a valid certificate(pub key)/private key pair
2. patch your firmware to bypass authentication
3. obtain the volume id by logging the communication between a licensed software player and your drive (sniffing)
4. use utilities like DumpVID
5. ask somebody who has the same disc, google, ...

I recommend to patch your drive but this option is only a few drives (LG, Plextor,...)
Old 20th September 2008, 21:09   #171  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
3. obtain the volume id by logging the communication between a licensed software player and your drive (sniffing)
4. use utilities like DumpVID
This is actually the same right? So DumpVID logs the communication between the drive (Lite-On DH-4O1S in my case) and a software player (PowerDVD). DumpVID did not grab any VID in my case. How long should this take? Guess a specific player is required?

Last edited by CiNcH; 20th September 2008 at 21:47.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 22:17   #172  |  Link
Oopho2ei

Quote:
This is actually the same right? So DumpVID logs the communication between the drive (Lite-On DH-4O1S in my case) and a software player (PowerDVD). DumpVID did not grab any VID in my case. How long should this take? Guess a specific player is required?
By logging i mean installing kernel hooks to basically place your logger in the chain of api calls which is executed for every packet which goes from and to the drive.

DumpVID is i think hammering the drive with requests for the volume id. After the authentication process is complete the drive may be asked for the volume id and DumpVID tries to be the first to ask that question. The drive will only answer that question once. This is not player dependent but keep in mind that these software players hack your kernel so your system won't behave the way it should be. You can try anti-rootkit tools to remove some of these hacks. These hacks are usually only active when the player runs. Also switching to an amd64 operating system might help.
Old 20th September 2008, 22:24   #173  |  Link
CiNcH

OK, thanks for your explanation. Finally got the VID of my sample disc. How can I stuff this VID now into DumpHD?

Last edited by CiNcH; 20th September 2008 at 22:43.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2008, 23:41   #174  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopho2ei View Post
The drive will only answer that question once.
Uhm, no. The drive gives you the VID and anything else as many times as you ask it but only if your AGID is valid. And thats the problem, the software player invalidates it after it got its stuff, so the time frame is very small and if the hammer interval is too long you miss it.

Quote:
How can I stuff this VID now into DumpHD?
You better stuff it directly into aacskeys so that it gives you the Volume Unique Key. Then you enter that one into the KEYDB.cfg (see that file for the format of the entries).

Old 21st September 2008, 00:28   #175  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
You better stuff it directly into aacskeys so that it gives you the Volume Unique Key. Then you enter that one into the KEYDB.cfg (see that file for the format of the entries).
Wow, quite a procedure. But got it working finally. Is there also the other way of stuffing the VID into DumpHD which then gets the VUK from aacskeys lib by itself? What is the advantage of your solution?
Old 21st September 2008, 19:43   #176  |  Link
KenD00

There is no advantage, there is just no other way. If aacskeys does not work automatically you always have to make a database entry yourself. Of course, i could implement a way that if only the VID is present DumpHD passes this to the library, but this process is still not fully automatic because someone has to enter the VID into the database before. Beeing a lazy guy i burdened this step onto the users shoulders, if the user is able to acquire the VID manually he should also be able to acquire the VUK manually .

Old 29th September 2008, 13:37   #177  |  Link
kkloster21

problem with new dumpHD version 0.45

@KenD00:

i've tried running the new version of dumpHD (v 0.45) and the shell script doesn't work to run the program. i get the following error:

$ ./dumphd.sh
bash: ./dumphd.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I am in the correct directory and have the proper permissions set on the file. the shell script for version 0.4 did work on my machine. I am running linux, 64-bit.

I am able to get the program (with GUI) running by executing the DumpHD.jar file but it is unable to load the aacskeys library, which the previous version is able to do. I get this error message:

DumpHD 0.45 by KenD00

Opening Key Data File... OK
Initializing AACS... OK
Loading aacskeys library... FAILED
no aacskeys in java.library.path
Direct key retrieval disabled, only keys from the database will be used

I don't know the java library path but version 0.4 of dumpHD never had any problem with this that i had to deal with.

Thanks to KenD00, arnezami and Oopho2ei for all the software and support.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 13:48   #178  |  Link
TomZ

2 things :

1 - It's not ./dumphd.sh but sh ./dumphd.sh.

2 - You need a copy of libaacskeys.so and (not sure) aacskeys files taken from aacskeys source directory (another project).

'Z

Last edited by TomZ; 29th September 2008 at 16:11.
TomZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 15:52   #179  |  Link
kkloster21

thanks! it worked with sh ./dumphd.sh

i feel like an idiot.

funny though, it worked without the sh on the old version...

thanks again TomZ.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 16:11   #180  |  Link
TomZ

You're welcome
TomZ is offline   Reply With Quote