Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th January 2012, 10:29   #141  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate89 View Post
I try every kind of switch.. It never works.. Everytime i get delaycut.exe stop working from CLI..With the gui even if i don't set anything and i hit process it returns finished with errors (and i get a 0 kbps file)... All other tracks were fine.. I have the same problem with the old 1.3.0
The DelayCut log show error messages?

Without problems also here with your sample:

Code:
File ........: D:\EPISODIO3.ENG_fixed.AC3
Size ........: 1440768 bytes

----------------------------------------- First Frame Info
SampleRate ..................: 0 (48000 KHz)
BitRate .....................: 14 (384 Kb/s)
Version (bsid) ..............: 8 (Standard)
Bit Stream mode (bsmod) .....: 0 (main audio service: complete main, CM)
Audio coding mode (acmod) ...: 7 (3/2 - L, C, R, SL, SR)
Center Mix Level ............: 0 (0.707, -3.0 dB)
Surround Mix Level ..........: 0 (0.707, -3 dB)
Low frequency effects channel: 1 (Present)
Dialogue normalization ......: - 31 dB
RF atenuattion ..............:-0,28 dB  Frame: 1
Languaje ....................: 0 (Not present)
Audio Production Info .......: 0 (Not present)
CopyRight bit ...............: 1
Original bit ................: 1
Timecode1 ...................: 0 (Not present)
Timecode2 ...................: 0 (Not present)
Additional Bsi ..............: 0 (Not present)
Block switch flags ..........: 0
Dither flags ................: 31
Dynamic Range Info ..........: 0 (Not present)
--------------------------------------------- Revised Info
RF Ov. Pr. min/max : -4,54 / 0,52 dB
Dyn. Range min/max : -4,54 / 0,26 dB
Total Frames ......: 938
Duration ..........: 30,016 seconds. ( 0 h. 0 m. 30,016 s.)
------------------------------------------------- End Info
If you cut the ac3 file maybe the problem is after than the first 938 frames.
Old 6th January 2012, 11:53   #142  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
The DelayCut log show error messages?

If you cut the ac3 file maybe the problem is after than the first 938 frames.
here it is the log file:

[Input info]
Bitrate=384
Actual rate=384
Sampling Frec=48000
TotalFrames=938
Bytesperframe=1536.0000
Filesize=1440768
FrameDuration= 32.0000
Framespersecond= 31.2500
Duration=00:00:30.016
Channels mode=3/2: L+C+R+SL+SR
LFE=LFE: Present
[Target info]
StartFrame=0
EndFrame=937
NotFixedDelay= 0.0000
Duration=00:00:30.016

it don't show errors..even just processing throws error.. i'm quite sure during the execution the process throw an exception not handled and stop working...
because if i run via command line the process crashes and windows shows me... instead if i run it from the gui the exception is catched..
it only happens in 1.4.3.3.. with 1.3.0 it works well..
i'm downloading qt sdk to see if i can load it in vs and find out the error..

Last edited by phate89; 6th January 2012 at 12:01.
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 15:18   #143  |  Link
amtm

The processing code doesn't even use exceptions so it's not a case of exceptions being thrown and either not caught or being caught and suppressed. Do you possibly get a crash dump when the GUI crashes? Without more information or a sample that can reliable reproduce there's not much I can do.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:20   #144  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
dcaenc can't be used to insert silences in dts's created by Surcode or DTS-HD Master Audio Suite because:

The frame-length created by dcaenc for, 5.1 48 KHz 1536, is 2012 (actual bitrate 1509)
The frame-length created by Surcode/Suite for, 5.1 48 KHz 1536, is 2013 (actual bitrate 1509.75)

The frame-length created by dcaenc for, 5.1 48 KHz 768, is 1008 (actual bitrate 756)
The frame-length created by Surcode/Suite for, 5.1 48 KHz 768, is 1006 (actual bitrate 754.5)

ArcSoft decoder crash when found a frame with different length than first frame (also NicDtsSource crash, libav work without problems).

DelayCut can delay dts's created by Surcode/Suite, but not with dts's created by dcaenc.
Well then what I may just have to do is create that "truckload" of silent frames if dcaenc won't work or just create only those silent frames that match the formats supported by DVD/BD and just warn that for any other bitrate/sampling rate/channel mapping that you may end up with a non-compliant stream. Right now it just has the 768kbit/48k 6 channel and 1536kbit/48k 6 channel frames. I have access to surcode so it wouldn't be hard to generate silence frames to match all other DVD/BD supported formats. That's a shame, too. Still an interesting encoder, though.

Last edited by amtm; 6th January 2012 at 15:23.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:21   #145  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtm View Post
The processing code doesn't even use exceptions so it's not a case of exceptions being thrown and either not caught or being caught and suppressed. Do you possibly get a crash dump when the GUI crashes? Without more information or a sample that can reliable reproduce there's not much I can do.
the strange thing is that the guy don't crash... it only crash through command line... but from the gui still not work..i can try to debug if i understand how qt works.. i installed the libraries for vs 2010 but i don't know how to compile it..

Last edited by phate89; 6th January 2012 at 17:31.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:35   #146  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
the strange thing is that the guy don't crash... it only crash through command line... but from the gui still not work..i can try to debug if i understand how qt works.. i installed the libraries for vs 2010 but i don't know how to compile it..
Do you see in errors in the info window when you load it? What does the GUI do when you click process? If you need you might have to post the whole file because that sample doesn't trigger anything. I really want to help you, but I'm lost on my end in reproducing. Using it through CLI that sample processes just fine and I get a fixed file just like through the GUI.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:03   #147  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Do you see in errors in the info window when you load it? What does the GUI do when you click process? If you need you might have to post the whole file because that sample doesn't trigger anything. I really want to help you, but I'm lost on my end in reproducing. Using it through CLI that sample processes just fine and I get a fixed file just like through the GUI.
it doesn't show anything..
Code:
====== INPUT FILE INFO ===============
File is            ac3
Bitrate  (kbit/s)  384
Act rate (kbit/s)  384.000
File size (bytes)  1440768
Channels mode      3/2: L+C+R+SL+SR
Sampling Frec      48000
Low Frec Effects   LFE: Present
Duration           00:00:30.016
Frame length (ms)  32.000000
Frames/second      31.250000
Num of frames      938
Bytes per Frame    1536.0000
Size % Framesize   0
CRC present:       YES
======================================
====== TARGET FILE INFO ==============
Start Frame        0
End Frame          937
Num of Frames      938
NotFixedDelay      0.0000
post the whole file is pointless because the split too doesn't work..
I'm trying to make vs 2010 work with qt so i can run it and debug it...
Old 6th January 2012, 20:08   #148  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
it doesn't show anything..
Code:
====== INPUT FILE INFO ===============
File is            ac3
Bitrate  (kbit/s)  384
Act rate (kbit/s)  384.000
File size (bytes)  1440768
Channels mode      3/2: L+C+R+SL+SR
Sampling Frec      48000
Low Frec Effects   LFE: Present
Frame length (ms)  32.000000
Frames/second      31.250000
Num of frames      938
Bytes per Frame    1536.0000
Size % Framesize   0
CRC present:       YES
====== TARGET FILE INFO ==============
Start Frame        0
End Frame          937
Num of Frames      938
NotFixedDelay      0.0000
post the whole file is pointless because the split too doesn't work..
I'm trying to make vs 2010 work with qt so i can run it and debug it...
If you're going to use my solution file that you can pull down from Github you're going to want to also install the Qt VS Add-in so you can easily select your Qt version and you'll need to create static versions of the Qt DLLs which means you're going to have to compile Qt yourself from source.

Last edited by amtm; 6th January 2012 at 20:11.
Old 8th January 2012, 11:22   #149  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
If you're going to use my solution file that you can pull down from Github you're going to want to also install the Qt VS Add-in so you can easily select your Qt version and you'll need to create static versions of the Qt DLLs which means you're going to have to compile Qt yourself from source.
Yes it's what i'm trying to do but i'm facing some problem..
to start i post the signature problem:
Code:
Firma problema:
  Nome evento problema:	BEX
  Nome applicazione:	delaycut.exe
  Versione applicazione:	0.0.0.0
  Timestamp applicazione:	4ef6b089
  Nome modulo con errori:	delaycut.exe
  Versione modulo con errori:	0.0.0.0
  Timestamp modulo con errori:	4ef6b089
  Offset eccezione:	0034a492
  Codice eccezione:	c0000417
  Dati eccezione:	00000000
  Versione SO:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  ID impostazioni locali:	1040
  Informazioni aggiuntive 1:	88c9
  Ulteriori informazioni 2:	88c9433e6e1867c48044b21b30a886fd
  Ulteriori informazioni 3:	f92d
  Ulteriori informazioni 4:	f92d850d12d5d20a2d5297523b602f30
maybe you can do an executable to me to find out exactly where the process crash..
Old 8th January 2012, 19:09   #150  |  Link
XMEN3

add dts frame

Adding frames to dts (Bluray 768) makes the file incompatibile with avisynth (behappy) and arcsoft (eac3to).
The file is played fine with foobar (dts.dll) and decoded fine with libav (eac3to).
Dunno if using behappy the problem is avisynth or nicaudio.
Anyway the original dts is decoded fine from every filter before using delaycut to fix missing frames.
This append also with old delaycut 1.3.1.0
Code:
Starting job test.dts->test.ac3
Found Audio Stream
Channels=6, BitsPerSample=32 float, SampleRate=48000Hz
encoder\Aften.exe -v 0 -b 448 -m 0 -readtoeof 1 -cmix 0 -smix 0 -dsur 0 -dnorm 31 -dynrng 5 -w 48 - "F:\test.ac3"
Writing RIFF header to encoder's StdIn
Writing PCM data to encoder's StdIn
Error: BeHappy.AviSynthException: m2AudioDTSSource: error in file "F:\test.dts"
   at BeHappy.Encoder.encode()
Also less important...
A missing one from old delaycut is drag and drop.

thanks

Last edited by XMEN3; 9th January 2012 at 11:59.
XMEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 22:59   #151  |  Link
amtm

Yes, the DTS issue is something we discussed before and something I'll be addressing. It will be after I finish a couple of other issues and after I commit what I also have fixed locally.

Quote:
A missing one from old delaycut is drag and drop.
Huh? Drag and drop is supported in this version just like in the old. You can drag to either the input or output text fields and it'll use that to open the file.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:55   #152  |  Link
XMEN3

Quote:
Yes, the DTS issue is something we discussed before and something I'll be addressing. It will be after I finish a couple of other issues and after I commit what I also have fixed locally.

Huh? Drag and drop is supported in this version just like in the old. You can drag to either the input or output text fields and it'll use that to open the file.
text?
In the old version:
drag and drop the file into the window will load the file naming output automatically adding "_fixed" at the end of it and saving in the source path without selecting any text for input.
Why i should use a text as input when is easier open the source with browse button?
Drag and drop the source into the window is the faster method.
thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:00   #153  |  Link
Selur

"input or output text fields" = the field for the input/output, text just because you see a text an not i.e. a picture that in the gui representing the input.
I agree: drag&drop works fine. (dragging a ac3/dts/.. file and dropping it on the input/output fields, fills the fields,..)
->XMEN4 try it before complaining,...
Old 9th January 2012, 12:23   #154  |  Link
XMEN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
"input or output text fields" = the field for the input/output, text just because you see a text an not i.e. a picture that in the gui representing the input.
I agree: drag&drop works fine. (dragging a ac3/dts/.. file and dropping it on the input/output fields, fills the fields,..)
->XMEN4 try it before complaining,...
I've mistaken the meaning of text field.
Anyway...
It does not load any file draggin into the window with 1.4.3.3...that's why say that
It loads only if i center the input field perfectly...not the whole window

Last edited by XMEN3; 9th January 2012 at 12:31.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:27   #155  |  Link
Selur

works fine with v1.4.3.2 though
Old 11th January 2012, 15:18   #156  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
Can delaycut handle mp3 files (or is mpa limited to mpeg-1 layer-1 and mpeg-1 layer-2 audio)?
I don't know if I answered this before, but yes it can assuming you have encoded the mp3 file with the protection bit set which the file you are having the fixcrc problem with does not have set. So ultimately fixcrc is not going to work with your file anyway since it has no CRC info in the header. I've got a fix at least for the programming stalling so it will actually finish, but unfortunately from what I can see nothing can be done to salvage your file since it's so broken. Even with my fix from getting the processing to finish you get no actual output since there is nothing in the file that can be recovered (even 1.2.1.2 if you hit abort when it stalls at 100% has produced a 0 size file as well) and even eac3to errors out in trying to convert it. Though the file plays just fine in MPC-HC so the decoder must be much more error resilient. So I will put it on the TODO list to see if this can be improved but for now the hanging is fixed at least.

Also, there was a bug in the detecting of whether to enable the CRC error options and this is fixed locally so even files that should have triggered that to be enabled, such as ac3 files, did not do so because of a weird logic bug in translating the code over. I've got pretty much everything fixed up for a next release locally I just need to get some last minute cleanup before pushing the next version out.

Phate, did you end up getting any info from your issue?

Last edited by amtm; 11th January 2012 at 15:38.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:54   #157  |  Link
Selur

Thanks for fixing the main problem and it would be nice it delaycut cut also output some sort of 'error message' when used through the console if it encounters such a problem and outputs a 0 byte file.

Cu Selur
Old 11th January 2012, 17:02   #158  |  Link
amtm

Quote:
Thanks for fixing the main problem and it would be nice it delaycut cut also output some sort of 'error message' when used through the console if it encounters such a problem and outputs a 0 byte file.

Cu Selur
That's one of the cleanups that I'm still working on before pushing this out. I'm also adding a help switch so that the README isn't the only place to find info on the CLI switches. The silent fail or silent completion is something that definitely needs to be remedied. The big thing is just making sure that the output and error messages are well worded so that's taking a bit of refinement to get right. After that the last thing I need to get incorporated is the new behavior for how cut and delay values are done that was discussed a page or so back. Once that is done I'll push out the newest bug fix version and start working on those enhancements still listed on github.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:21   #159  |  Link
phate89

No i still can't compile qt to run it in vs...if i try to just debug the exe with command line switches i don't know why it didn't run at all..btw i didn't had a lot of time to try..

Last edited by phate89; 11th January 2012 at 18:17.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:41   #160  |  Link
amtm

Posted the wrong file the first time so I'm posting this again. If you were quick enough to grab it, download again before testing.

I'm still working on getting pushed the extra CLI output, the change to the delay/cutting behavior and a few other cleanups, but here, mirror here is an intermediate test version that has the rounding fixes, the hang fix for Selur's file, fixes the GUI so the CRC options will enable when they should. Let me know if you find any regressions, new bugs, etc. I promise to get the rest of the stuff finished soon.

Last edited by amtm; 13th January 2012 at 01:15.