Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th July 2003, 17:51   #1  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Producer M5: How to enable RV9-EHQ

EDIT 09/05/2003: This problem has been fixed in Milestone 6, and the custom DLL listed below is no longer needed to fix the previous method to enable EHQ.

Since Milestone 5 of Producer was supposed to be a Beta1 for Producer 9.2, it was a little annoying to find that a change had been made that effectively disables EHQ, no matter what the GUIs set in the audience file. The reg key is similarly disabled. There is a way to set encoderComplexity via a load level setting, but this is not well known and none of the encoder tools use it. I would rather suggest to use an erv4.dll from Milestone 4, or the one below. Just replace the erv4.dll in the codecs folder of producer.

This is what can happen when we make available these intermediate Milestone builds with minimal QA testing. Some will simply have a feature that's missing or broken. Sorry about this. I am just glad I caught it now, and not later.

Any encoding tool that includes Milestone 5, will have the same problem. This includes AutoRV9 1.3b3.

alternatively, get this erv4.dll, which is the exact same DLL as in M5, but with the problem resolved such that the previous <codecProperties> <encoderComplexity> again works.

In AutoRV9, go to softs\Rp9_Light\codec and replace erv4.dll with the corrected version. The corrected version says "RealVideo 9 EHQ (karll 07/24/2003)" in the Version Description field of the DLL.

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 5th September 2003 at 19:13.
karl_lillevold is offline   Reply With Quote