Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 1st August 2008, 08:15   #21  |  Link
FoxRacR17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe62 View Post
OK, I checked the dtsdecoderdll.dll file and the version no. shown there is 1.1.0.0 which I think is correct, right?

The ASAudioHD.ax file is showing version 1.3.2.60 - don't know if that's even relevant.

BTW - I went to the ArcSoft site and it appears the version I have is dated 29 July 2008, so it's very new. Again, I don't know if this is important or not.
I search for my files that are working properly and the dtsdecoderdll.dll is also 1.1.0.0. However my ASAudioHD.ax file version is 1.3.2.49. So yours is newer then mine, however mine works perfect in eac3to. What version of total media theater is it that you installed? The one I installed was 2.1.6.113.

EDIT: I just used eac3to and more GUI to test for external filters and it told me "ArcSoft DTS decoder (1.1.0.0) works fine" So I think that seems to be the correct version number but I dont know if that other file has anything to do with it.

Last edited by FoxRacR17; 1st August 2008 at 08:17.
FoxRacR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 10:38   #22  |  Link
Roscoe62

Yep, the version I'm running is 2.1.6.120 which, as I stated earlier, was only released on 29th July. Obviously the dtsdecoderdll file hasn't changed but the ASAudioHD.ax file has been updated.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else using the newer version is able to get it working successfully in eac3to.

....I'm gonna be really bummed if I paid US$90 on a NON-WORKING version, and only missed the working version by 2 days!!
Roscoe62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:00   #23  |  Link
menno
Nero AG engineer

Does the PATH thing not work?
One of the reasons why a filter might be registered just fine but doesn't load properly is failing to load dependencies (like dtsdecoderdll.dll). The PATH thing might be the solution for that.

As a next step I would download Process Monitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896645.aspx), set it up to only display messages from eac3to and check the log if some dll doesn't load.
menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:50   #24  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Yep, the version I'm running is 2.1.6.120 which, as I stated earlier, was only released on 29th July. Obviously the dtsdecoderdll file hasn't changed but the ASAudioHD.ax file has been updated.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else using the newer version is able to get it working successfully in eac3to.

....I'm gonna be really bummed if I paid US$90 on a NON-WORKING version, and only missed the working version by 2 days!!
i have just installed "Arcsoft Total Media Theater Intro Version":

http://base.arcsoft.com/downloads/in...e_engintro.exe

it is 15 days trial version of "Total Media Theater" version 2.1.6.113 with limited functionality and then updated to latest 2.1.6.120 version using:

http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/dig...Update_ALL.exe

and eac3to version 2.56 works without any issues.

so, either a) 2.1.6.120 web update is different than 2.1.6.120 retail version or b) your Windows is just broken and needs reinstall.

in case a) you can also try with "Total Media Extreme":

http://base.arcsoft.com/downloads//t...il_trial_e.exe

is it Try and Buy version that can be registered and contains "Total Media Theater" version 2.1.6.110 + other software. i'm almost sure that your "Total Media Theater" license will work to register the "Total Media Theater" part of "Total Media Extreme". then just update to "Total Media Theater" version 2.1.6.113 using the following web update:

http://base.arcsoft.com/downloads/to...Update_ALL.exe

if again it doesn't work it should be your Windows. good luck!
xkodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:52   #25  |  Link
menno
Nero AG engineer

LOL reinstalling Windows just because a filter doesn't work? There must be a better explanation than that, I'm pretty sure the method I described above will make it clear.
menno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 17:59   #26  |  Link
xkodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by menno View Post
LOL reinstalling Windows just because a filter doesn't work? There must be a better explanation than that, I'm pretty sure the method I described above will make it clear.
i don't know about that, i just wanted to confirm that version 2.1.6.120 works with eac3to or at least the one from the web update, maybe the retail is different and is causing the problem. actually 2.1.6.120 works with GraphEdit too - on my system ASAudioHD.ax is version 1.3.2.60 and it loads in GraphEdit.
xkodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 21:42   #27  |  Link
FoxRacR17

do you have any codec packages installed?
Old 1st August 2008, 22:36   #28  |  Link
Roscoe62

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
do you have any codec packages installed?
Nope, I tend to only install what I need, and no more - so I'm not really keen on installing codec packages.

xkodi, thanks for trying out the latest version for me. Even though you've only got the trial version, I don't think there's any fundamental difference between the trial and retail versions so I'm a bit relieved that my version is now not likely to be the issue.

menno, I will try the path thing - it's not something I've played with much so I don't know how effective it's going to be, but at this stage I'm willing to give it a shot. I haven't seen a way to ADD a path though - only to change the existing one. Is that what you're talking about?

Failing that it's looking like I might need to re-install windows - yecch!
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:17   #29  |  Link
FoxRacR17

I usually dont like codec packs but I always end up installing the latest version of the klite mega codec pack and it has never done me wrong. The reason I was asking because i thought that maybe some codec pack was interfering but you don thave any installed so I dont know now.
Old 2nd August 2008, 01:24   #30  |  Link
Roscoe62

Well,

I guess it pays to experiment a little. Tried adding the path thing - it didn't make any difference.

I then uninstalled my Arcsoft and made sure I got rid of any folders left over. I even went into the registry and found some references there to Arcsoft, so I deleted them. Then I rebooted. Then I downloaded the trial version, as xkodi said he did, and loaded that. After the next reboot I executed the eac3to -test command and whaddaya know? It found it and said it was working properly! I then downloaded the update patch (to bring it up to the full 2.1.6.120 version), rebooted again, and eac3to was again able to find it OK.

I know I'm only running the trial version, but at least that works. I might see if a nag screen comes up whether I can just register it manually.

I'm glad it's now working, but that is seriously weird!!
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:10   #31  |  Link
himan2001

Can Madshi or someone simply provide a manual way and the names of the needed files + Optimal Location ?

I think itīs an overkill to install a complete Package with "Phone-At-Home" Functions, destroy your working Merrits from exiting codecs and add a whole bunch of new Autostart and Backgroundshit that no one needed on a working installation

I think 1 or 2 Decoder.dllīs, the .ax Decoder-File and the obligate msvc*.* dllīs. and a few regsvr32 calls is enough when only the Audio-Part is needed ?
himan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:24   #32  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan2001 View Post
Can Madshi or someone simply provide a manual way and the names of the needed files + Optimal Location ?

I think itīs an overkill to install a complete Package with "Phone-At-Home" Functions, destroy your working Merrits from exiting codecs and add a whole bunch of new Autostart and Backgroundshit that no one needed on a working installation

I think 1 or 2 Decoder.dllīs, the .ax Decoder-File and the obligate msvc*.* dllīs. and a few regsvr32 calls is enough when only the Audio-Part is needed ?
I understand you. However, doing what you suggested might increase illegal use of ArcSoft (or Nero or Cyberlink or ...) software because licensing protection might be circumvented. Because of that I prefer to require the installation of the full software suite. Only that way I can feel safe using those decoders from within eac3to. I don't want ArcSoft, Nero, Cyberlink etc to have any reason to be angry with me. Actually I'd be happy if eac3to increased sales of ArcSoft, Nero and Cyberlink software...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:29   #33  |  Link
G_M_C

More reason to hope and ask for better support for the various HD-audioformats in the libavcodecs imho. That would completely eliminate the need for bloatware and "illegalware".
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2008, 19:33   #34  |  Link
Steel

Has anyone gotten arcsoft dts decoder and eac3to to work under vista 64?
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 12:34   #35  |  Link
monohouse

-----

Last edited by monohouse; 17th January 2012 at 00:49.
monohouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 14:00   #36  |  Link
Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by monohouse View Post

OK. Will do!
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 19:38   #37  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Well, it would be useful to prove, one way or the other, that that is what's actually going on - i.e. - that Arcsoft have now made their decoders only available to their own applications, because at the moment we're only guessing that's what the problem is. I really hope that isn't the case, but we need to prove that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
nVidia owners,

I've found the way of watching VC1 files with arcsoft video decoder on MPC-HC.

If your demuxer is haali, you can't get rid of DMO; so you have to uninstall haali first.

Set the merit of the arcsoft mpeg demux to 008000FF.

Untick "MPEG/PS/TS/PVA" and "Matroska" under "Source Filters" and "VC1 dxva", "VC1 ffdmpeg" under "Transform Filers" of intenal filters option,

Select "arcsoft video decoder" and "arcsoft audio decoder hd" and set their merits "prefer" under external filters option.

Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
2.1.6.121 but it's not up to SVN.

Have you uninstalled Haali?

The chain should be:

File Source (Async) > arcsoft mpeg demux > arcsoft video decoder > EVR (or VMR)

Don't forget haali is not a splitter alone but a source filter as well which means even you decrease the merit of haali to "unlikely" it is again gonna be the selected source filter.
Why?
The filters which are combined as source+splitter will always be selected as default even their merits are set to "no use".
So you'd better uninstall haali.

Lets say you made arcsoft demux your default filter and trying to render a file with graph (i mean "file" > "render media file") while haali is still loaded.

What happens?

_ _ _ _ _
My TMT is the latest 2.1.6.121 . No tweak on TMT under Vista32 SP1. Eac3to automatically selects Arcsoft dts decoder and all it's filters can be used easily on GraphEdit/GraphStudio.

EDIT: BTW i bought TMT at 113 build and always updated; never even lived any issues.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited by rica; 19th August 2008 at 21:30.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 02:49   #38  |  Link
FoxRacR17

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Actually I'd be happy if eac3to increased sales of ArcSoft, Nero and Cyberlink software...
I kinda find that hard to do when they lock their codecs and only let their programs access them, no?

I have Nero 7 installed and would love to upgrade to nero 8 but I simply do not want to lose the ability to decode ac3 from eac3to, so I am stuck at nero 7.

Last edited by FoxRacR17; 20th August 2008 at 02:52.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:33   #39  |  Link
Audionut

Hi, I got this problem.

ArcSoft DTS Decoder (1.0.2.2) is not working correctly
http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmediatheatre

Here's the xml from graphstudio.

Code:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<graph name="Unnamed Graph">
    <filter name="K:\movies\Hitman.ts" clsid="{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}">
        <ifilesourcefilter source="K:\movies\Hitman.ts"/>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD" clsid="{1A89085B-B654-4ED8-8831-5AC629A05FF5}"/>
    <filter name="ffdshow Video Decoder" clsid="{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}"/>
    <filter name="AC3Filter" clsid="{A753A1EC-973E-4718-AF8E-A3F554D45C44}"/>
    <filter name="Video Renderer" clsid="{B87BEB7B-8D29-423F-AE4D-6582C10175AC}"/>
    <filter name="Default DirectSound Device" clsid="{79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}"/>
</graph>
Audionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 10:48   #40  |  Link
Great Dragon

Quote:
try this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1172281 tell me if it works
Works perfect for me.
And "path environment variable trick" are not.
Great Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote