Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th August 2014, 11:57   #7621  |  Link
tebasuna51

@Kurtnoise: seems the original.

The .aac extracted by mp4mux -> MediaInfo:
Codec : AAC LC
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : 1/0/0

But the 1.mp4 -> MediaInfo:
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original : 1 channel
Channel positions : 1/0/0

BassAudio (and Faad) always decode mono AAC like stereo.
NeroAacDec works fine with mono AAC from Qaac, fhgaacenc and NeroAacEnc, but output stereo with this one.
FFAudioSource and LSMASHAudioSource work fine also with this one.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:58   #7622  |  Link
hello_hello

I still think MeGUI could be a little more clever when it comes to extracting audio and writing any delay to the file name. Not that it happens much, but....

If there's a positive delay for the video in an MKV, it effectively means there's a negative audio delay. MediaInfo reports a video delay in an MKV as a negative audio delay, but MeGUI doesn't take it into account.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 12:07   #7623  |  Link
leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
@Leon : your mp4 sample is from the original track or from the transcode one ?

You should upload a sample from the original track...

btw, I've a patch for MediaInfo library when there is a mismatch between the Channels Count and the Channels Position.
Hi
please read previous posts.
of course it's from the original file I split it as hello_hello said.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 12:11   #7624  |  Link
leon

@hello_hello
I don't know exactly what subwoofer is if it doesn't have sound too then my speaker is stereo with a subwoofer.
is there any advantages playing a surround sound instead of a stereo sound from a stereo speaker ?

Last edited by leon; 4th August 2014 at 12:20.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:19   #7625  |  Link
leon

@tebasuna51

if it's mono why Mediainfo shows Channel(s) : 2 channels ?
I think it WAS stereo before and now it's mono so if Mediainfo change Channel(s) and Channel(s)_Original values it would be better.(I assume here Original means what it was before)
I remember you suggested me to use FFAudioSource ,isn't it better to use BassAudioSource?

Last edited by leon; 4th August 2014 at 12:25.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:17   #7626  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
@hello_hello
I don't know exactly what subwoofer is if it doesn't have sound too then my speaker is stereo with a subwoofer.
is there any advantages playing a surround sound instead of a stereo sound from a stereo speaker ?
Subwoofers do make noise, but it's only the very low frequencies.
A typical stereo setup might be a subwoofer (a box which sits on the floor) which contains a sub-speaker and also the amplifiers for the stereo speakers. The audio goes to the subwoofer where the low frequencies are separated to be amplified by the subwoofer, and the rest are amplified and sent to the stereo speakers.
It's common to have a stereo setup without the separate subwoofer (the speaker amplifiers are in the speakers), but without it they usually can't reproduce low frequencies as well.

Quote:
Not really. It's either downmixed to stereo and encoded that way or it's encoded as multi-channel and downmixed to stereo on playback. There may be a volume difference, as when downmixing for encoding, the audio is often "normalised" (the volume adjusted until the peaks are at maximum). The same can be done for stereo to stereo and multichannel to multichannel, however you might find the volume of the original and encoded versions are a bit different, but that's about it.

I use my PC as my media player with ffdshow decoding the audio. It downmixes to stereo and you can adjust the volume of individual channels. I give the centre channel a bit of a boost as that's where most of the dialogue is, so that helps me keep the over-all volume down at night, and obviously if the audio is already downmixed to stereo you can't do that, but it's not something most people would normally do.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:25   #7627  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
if it's mono why Mediainfo shows Channel(s) : 2 channels ?
I think it WAS stereo before and now it's mono so if Mediainfo change Channel(s) and Channel(s)_Original values it would be better.(I assume here Original means what it was before
Read this post again.
The flags are obsolete and MediaInfo probably should ignore them.

A similar question was asked here, and thanks to this thread I knew the answer.

5.1ch input, 5.1ch output, and MediaInfo displays this for the output file:

Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original : 6 channels
Old 5th August 2014, 07:50   #7628  |  Link
leon

Thank you so much (everyone involved in this discussion)
where is Mr. Zathor I posted a few bugs and feature requests in sourceforge but there were no answers.
anyone knows if MeGUI has anything to do with D3D?
I mean recently it shows me an error containing D3D.
Old 5th August 2014, 07:58   #7629  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Depending on the renderer you selected, this renderer may use Direct3D functions to "project" a video onto a 3D plane for fast rendering, possibly even with shader effects.

If another program (e.g. a game) already uses a lot of video memory, a media player may not have enough video RAM left to use this feature, so the renderer may have to fall back to a more compatible technique.

For more details, please post the error message as exactly as possible (try to press Ctrl+C while this dialog pops up, you might be able to paste it with Ctrl+V; or press Alt+PrtScr and save it as PNG).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 12:50   #7630  |  Link
leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Depending on the renderer you selected, this renderer may use Direct3D functions to "project" a video onto a 3D plane for fast rendering, possibly even with shader effects.

If another program (e.g. a game) already uses a lot of video memory, a media player may not have enough video RAM left to use this feature, so the renderer may have to fall back to a more compatible technique.

For more details, please post the error message as exactly as possible (try to press Ctrl+C while this dialog pops up, you might be able to paste it with Ctrl+V; or press Alt+PrtScr and save it as PNG).
Hi
you're right Mr. LigH , MeGUI shows this error when I play a game like "Batman Arkham City" but when I play Counter Strike it shows the same error CS is very low quality game and I think a 64MB VRAM can handle it.

(press Alt+PrtScr and save it as PNG): thank you but I'm not that noob

Old 5th August 2014, 15:20   #7631  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Well, OK, I thought of a completely different topic, apparently.

This kind of error probably means that your AviSynth script contains functions related to GPU accelerarion which are not reliably accessible when you are playing a game while encoding in the background. Your graphic card may have problems switching between rendering 3D game graphics and decoding or filtering video frames (so I could imagine, at least...).

We will certainly have to know your whole script and your exact graphic chipset to discover the reason.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 16:13   #7632  |  Link
leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Well, OK, I thought of a completely different topic, apparently.

This kind of error probably means that your AviSynth script contains functions related to GPU accelerarion which are not reliably accessible when you are playing a game while encoding in the background. Your graphic card may have problems switching between rendering 3D game graphics and decoding or filtering video frames (so I could imagine, at least...).

We will certainly have to know your whole script and your exact graphic chipset to discover the reason.
I'm sure that the problem is not my GPU.
reason:I encoded videos before,when I was playing "Batman AC" and had no problems.
the only differences : MeGUI version,Avisynth version (was 2.5.8) and my script.

Code:
MosquitoNR(strength=13,restore=128,radius=2,threads=0)
f3kdb(range=25,sample_mode=2,dither_algo=3,grainY=90,grainC=90,dynamic_grain=true,Y=90,Cb=90,Cr=90,blur_first=true,keep_tv_range=false)
Tweak(hue=0,sat=1.10,bright=0,cont=1.0,coring=false,startHue=0,endHue=360,maxSat=150,minSat=0,interp=16,dither=true)
Removegrain(mode=2,modeU=2,modeV=2)
FFT3DGPU(sharpen=1.0,plane=4,mode=1,interlaced=false)
GradFun3()
GPU: GeForce GT 440
Old 5th August 2014, 16:36   #7633  |  Link
poisondeathray

I suspect problem is FFT3DGPU - it relies on DirectX. If you're playing games simultaneously, try changing that to the non GPU accelerated filter, FFT3DFilter
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 17:07   #7634  |  Link
leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
I suspect problem is FFT3DGPU - it relies on DirectX. If you're playing games simultaneously, try changing that to the non GPU accelerated filter, FFT3DFilter
Thank you so much
after switching to FFT3Dfilter the problem gone.
Old 8th August 2014, 19:34   #7635  |  Link
leon

Hi
when I try to open this script MeGUI stops working.

Code:
Spline64Resize(960,544) # Spline64 (Sharp)
MosquitoNR(strength=16,restore=128,radius=2,threads=0)
f3kdb(range=28,sample_mode=2,dither_algo=3,grainY=90,grainC=90,dynamic_grain=true,Y=90,Cb=90,Cr=90,blur_first=true,keep_tv_range=false)
Tweak(hue=0,sat=1.10,bright=0,cont=1.01,coring=false,startHue=0,endHue=360,maxSat=150,minSat=0,interp=16,dither=true)
Removegrain(mode=2,modeU=2,modeV=2)
Dither2Pre (flt="FFT3DGPU(sigma=4, sharpen=2.0, plane=4, mode=1, interlaced=false)")
SmoothGrad (radius=16, thr=0.25, elast=2)
Dither_resize16 (960, 544)
DitherPost ()
I checked "Apply auto Preview" box but there were no problem with this script.
problem occurs when I want to load it.

I know it's filter overkill and maybe not correct.

another thing : when I change sigma to 2 preview window only shows half of the frames.
Old 9th August 2014, 11:34   #7636  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
I checked "Apply auto Preview" box but there were no problem with this script.
problem occurs when I want to load it.
Workaround: Disable "Options\Settings\Show video preview..."

Or try to disable "Improved AVS opening" on the same page.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 12:56   #7637  |  Link
leon

Hi
I opened a video with Avisynth script creator then modified and saved Avisynth profile and when I applied preview I got a frame from another video(TWD).

then I noticed that I've encoded that video before and "The Walking Dead E02.mkv.ffindex" was in the same folder as the video that I want to encode now.
Old 9th August 2014, 13:23   #7638  |  Link
leon

I was wrong "The Walking Dead E02.mkv.ffindex" wasn't there MeGUI creates it when I apply preview

I have no idea but maybe it is still in RAM and MeGUI loads it again.
I'm gonna restart my computer and see if anything changes.
Old 9th August 2014, 15:35   #7639  |  Link
hello_hello

I've had the script creator do odd things after modifying or creating AVS profiles in the past. I don't think it's ever happened when I've modified an AVS profile directly after opening MeGUI, but it often does after I've indexed and encoded video. What seems to happen is when you modify an AVS template something causes MeGUI to try to open a previously encoded video as you close the AVS profile configuration. It'll sometimes pop up with an error message about not be able to open one. Sometimes I think it's offered several error messages in a row, all regarding video encoded since MeGUI was last restarted.

In my case I'm not sure I've modified a template while the preview window has been opened, and it definitely hasn't managed to open a preview of a video which was no longer on the hard drive (hence the error messages instead) but I suspect the cause is the same.
Old 10th August 2014, 06:44   #7640  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Hi
when I try to open this script MeGUI stops working.
Do you actually use that script??

I got it to run perfectly in the script creator preview. I managed to load it into the video section once, but it was all over after that. I couldn't preview it again. For me it seemed to be a video card memory problem. Changing FFT3DGPU to fft3dfilter (and removing mode=1) solved the problem. I could then load and preview the video fine.
I've no idea what video card you have but when it comes to my old card, FFT3DGPU slows the encoding process down a little compared to fft3dfilter anyway.

Quote:
another thing : when I change sigma to 2 preview window only shows half of the frames.
I couldn't duplicate that, however....
I have found in the past that the conversion to 16 bit and back can sometimes confuse MeGUI's preview in respect to resizing. Is that what you meant? The preview is only displaying half of each frame?
If so, you might find it'd pay to close the video preview completely and re-open it every time you modify a script in respect to any 8/16 bit conversions.

Dither_resize16 (960, 544).... maybe that's why you've included it in your script. I'm fairly sure it's not actually needed.

The Dither help file says DitherNPre is pretty much a hack in order to use 8 bit filters with 16 bit video and might cause artefacts etc. To quote the help file:
"Use these functions only when there is no other way to achieve the desired filtering."

Tags
megui