Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2009, 10:05   #1021  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Sorry, but WMV support will not happen.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 6th June 2009, 11:28   #1022  |  Link
LeMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochroma View Post
WMV support would be fantastic.

Many thanks for this great application.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...00#post1283300
Old 6th June 2009, 11:32   #1023  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Just as an update: MPEG transport stream support is one of the next features I will implement; probably not THE next feature, but the next big one.

Old 7th June 2009, 18:32   #1024  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvtoolnix 2.9.5 released

Hey,

I've released mkvtoolnix v2.9.5. This release contains contains the usual mix of bug fixes, new features and smaller enhancements. Also some of the command line options have been renamed (check the ChangeLog for details). The old versions are still working for the time being, and users of mmg aren't affected by this change anyway.

Here are the usual links...

...to the home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

...to the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-2.9.5.tar.bz2

...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....9.5-setup.exe
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...icode-2.9.5.7z

The Linux binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.

Here's the full ChangeLog since release 2.9.0:

------------------------------------------------------------
2009-06-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v2.9.5.

2009-06-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The handling of TrueHD/MLP audio in MPEG program streams was broken resulting in many dropped packets.
* all: bug fix: There was the possibility that invalid memory access occured and e.g. mkvmerge crashed on systems with the posix_fadvise() function (mainly Linux) if mkvmerge was opening several files from certain file systems (e.g. VFAT). Apart from obvious crashes the only other side effect was that the posix_fadvise() function would not be used resulting in slightly worse I/O performance.

2009-05-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Improved the control over which tags get copied from a source file to the output file. The old option "--no-tags" was replaced with the new options "--no-global-tags" which causes global tags not to be copied and "--no-track-tags" which causes track specific tags to not be copied. The new option "--track-tags" can be used to select tracks for which tags will be copied. The default is still to copy all existing tags.
* mkvmerge: new feature: Included chapters, global and track specific tracks in the output of mkvmerge's identification mode.
* mkvmerge: Renamed a couple of command line options to make the command line interface more consistent: "--no-audio", "--no-video", "--no-subtitles", "--no-buttons", "--audio-tracks", "--video-tracks", "--subtitle-tracks", "--button-tracks". The old versions of these options "--noaudio", "--novideo", "--nosubs", "--nobuttons", "--atracks", "--vtracks", "--stracks" and "--btracks" still work.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The sequence header of MPEG-1/2 video tracks is put into the CodecPrivate again while still leaving sequence headers in the bitstream as well. This is more compatible with some existing parsers.

2009-05-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Removed the check if the user has added tracks and files before starting mkvmerge because mkvmerge itself is able to create track-less files (e.g. chapters only). Fix for bug 402.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Improved the handling of consecutive AC3 packets with the same timecode (e.g. if AC3 is read from MP4 files). Fix for bug 403.

2009-05-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed an endless loop in the TrueHD code occuring when the TrueHD stream is damaged somewhere.

2009-05-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the detection of MPEG transport streams with other packet sizes than 188 bytes (e.g. 192 and 204 bytes).

2009-05-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The detection of invalid padding packet lengths in the MPEG program stream reader was improved to not produce as many false positives. Patch by Todd Schmuland (see AUTHORS). Fix for bug 393.

2009-05-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for the FourCCs ".mp3" and "XVID" in QuickTime files.
* mmg: bug fix: Pressing 'return' in the job dialog will close the dialog on Windows, too. Fix for bug 392.

2009-05-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed the behaviour of how mmg sets the output file name automatically if the option is enabled. If the user adds more than one file then the extension of the output file name is set each time a file is added and not only when the first one is. The full file name and path will only be set when the first file is added. Fix for bug 391.

Have fun.

Old 12th June 2009, 02:34   #1025  |  Link
Isochroma

The program always adds a shortcut to itself to the All Users / Programs folder during setup. I don't want it there and every setup I delete it. The installer doesn't ask. It asks other things, but not that. It just goes ahead and bullies my folders. It is a master of preconception. I am a worker of post-deception.
Old 12th June 2009, 07:11   #1026  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Then please provide a patch for my NSIS installer script. Thanks. Or you could skip the Windows installer altogether and use the .7z archive which doesn't do anything to the start menu or registry at all.

Old 12th June 2009, 15:20   #1027  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

This may be a strange question but is there a way I could make mkvtoolnix remux an mkv to incorporate updated tag information.

vlc uses xspf xml format for their playlist. Due to a lot of previous encodes I have done in mkv without much tagging I want to go back and update the tags in the metadata.

If i create a script to read file names and update an xml format will mkvtoolnix be able to update the metadata without the need to remux all data to a new file?
Old 12th June 2009, 15:25   #1028  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, mkvmerge only does full remuxes. mmg can only update the header fields without a full remux, and that's not scriptable.

Old 20th June 2009, 11:14   #1029  |  Link
LeMoi

Would it be possible to add "mis" language to the top language list ? I often use it but i have to scroll the list to the 'm' letter and it's quite long ^^ thanks in advance
Old 20th June 2009, 20:12   #1030  |  Link
pdanpdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi View Post
Would it be possible to add "xxx" language to the top language list
I have a feature request also - to allow us to define the order of languages in the lists (I think that if someone's language is not in the top list he has to search for it very often). Maybe a text file with the languages list, one on each row, that can be reodered and saved and imported.
Thanks for the program.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:21   #1031  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvtoolnix 2.9.7 released

Hey,

I've released mkvtoolnix v2.9.7. This release contains mostly bug fixes and two prominent changes to mmg.

1. Chapters and tags are now handled in the same way that tracks are: they can be checked individually, and properties like charset can be set for each entry.

2. The user can now change the list of "common" languages that appear at the top of language drop down boxes.

Here are the usual links...

...to the home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

...to the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-2.9.7.tar.bz2

...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....9.7-setup.exe
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...icode-2.9.7.7z

The Linux binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.

Here's the full ChangeLog since release 2.9.5:

2009-07-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v2.9.7.

2009-06-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The handling of NVOPs in native MPEG4 part 2 video storage has been improved. NVOPs are dropped again both from packed and non-packed bitstreams, and timecodes are adjusted to match the number of dropped frames.

2009-06-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: The "preferences" dialog has been split up into several tabs. Some other preferences available in other dialogs have been merged into the "preferences" dialog.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The I frame detection for AVC/h.264 video has been fixed. Sometimes a single I frame was recognized as two or more consecutive I frames resulting in garbled display and wrong timestamps. Fix for bug 415.

2009-06-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: The list of common languages can be configured by the user via the 'preferences' dialog.

2009-06-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: The programs do not try to close iconv handles -1 anymore which resulted in segfault during uninitialization on some platforms (e.g. FreeBSD, Mac OS X). Fix for bug 412.

2009-06-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Complete rewrite of the code for the native storage mode for MPEG4 part 2 video tracks. Fix for bug 298.

2009-06-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Made the detection rules for raw MP3, AC3 and AAC audio files more strict. This avoids a mis-detection of certain files, e.g. AVC/h.264 ES files being misdetected as MP3 files. Fix for bug 414.

2009-06-14 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Appending MP4 or OGM files with chapters will merge the chapters from all appended files and not just take the chapters from the first file and discard the chapters from the following files. Fix for bug 397.
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: The language for chapters read fromfiles such as OGM and MP4 files can be chosen with the --chapter-language command line option. Fix for bug 399.
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: Chapter and tag information contained in source files are now shown in the "track" selection box and can be toggled individually. The user can set the charset for chapters if the source file's chapters are not encoded in UTF-8 (e.g. in some OGM/MP4 files). The old file specific checkboxes "no tags" and "no chapters" have been removed. Fix for bug 400.

2009-06-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The chapter editor was corrupting Matroska files if the chapters were saved to a file twice in a row without reloading them from the Matroska file.

2009-06-09 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: If the user selects the option "Verify" from the "Chapters" menu then a message will be shown even if the validation succeeded. Fix for bug 410.
* mmg/mkvmerge: bug fix: Adding MP4 files with chapter entries that are not encoded in UTF-8 will not result in mkvmerge aborting with a message about invalid UTF-8 sequences anymore. Fix for bug 408.
----------------------------------------------------

Have fun.

Old 2nd July 2009, 10:42   #1032  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Thanks for the release.

I will make sure to remux my MPEG4 part 2 and MPEG4 part 10 files with the new version.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:18   #1033  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
2. The user can now change the list of "common" languages that appear at the top of language drop down boxes.
Hi, thank you.
I'm trying to test the above feature but getting this error message:

---------------------------
Invalid country selected
The country '' is not a valid ccTLD and cannot be selected.
OK

Any suggestion?

Edit:
Although this error message is annoying, the list is updated properly, with selected languages on top, next time you restart MMG.

Last edited by Liisachan; 2nd July 2009 at 12:22.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:47   #1034  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

That error message refers to the "chapters" page of that dialog. It will be fixed in a future release because you may indeed not select a country code.

Old 2nd July 2009, 13:08   #1035  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

confirmed. no error message if you set a dummy, benign thing in the Chapters tab, such as eng->uk.
However, this means that when a user wants to change the Languages settings, he or she is forced to update the Chapters settings,
with no good reason. Even if they don't change anything in the Chapters tab, MMG insists it will update the Chapters settings.
Which is probably less than ideal.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:40   #1036  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Like I said, that problem will be fixed E.g. in http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-142-setup.exe (http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...0090702-142.7z).

Old 2nd July 2009, 16:18   #1037  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Thanks for the update - I've had 3 bad 264 muxes in the last day, just tested them out and they are all garbled. I'll try the new one.

Request again - support of TS & M2TS files.
I had muxed by BDs with DTS-MA to TS when mmg couldn't, and am now trying to convert the TS files to MKV. I demux with tsMuxeR, which gives elementary .264 streams, then I use mmg - but the video is garbled in mpc-hc. The original TS file is fine. I don't care about subtitle support, just getting the video & audio out.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:22   #1038  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
Request again - support of TS & M2TS files.
I hate to repeat myself but: Yes, supoprt for transport streams will be implemented in the near future, and no, I don't have an ETA.

Old 2nd July 2009, 16:22   #1039  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Another request - create chapters every 5 minutes

The last chapter should be minimum 5 minutes (credits), e.g. 122 minute film has chapters at 0:00, 0:05, ..., 1:50, 1:55

I've got txt files set up for this, but have to edit them each time to fit the movie. I think this is would be a very useful feature, because it would allow using the >> button to skip 5 minutes at a time.

Thank you.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:26   #1040  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, sorry. I've refused to implement such features in the past due to them being either way too specialized to be of use for more than a handful of persons or the amount of work being way, way too much to make such a feature flexible enough to appeal to many people.

Closed Thread