Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 25th October 2007, 15:12   #181  |  Link
johnman

Hello @all who still are using wavewizard...
I got some private messages which i will address in a minute so if you send me some... u'll get an answer soon...

A long time ago, i started developing because i wanted to get multichannel sound from my music. Since the day i bought my sound card which can generate multichannel sound from a stereo source this need was pretty much fulfilled. Since then i continued only for all you guys working with audio conversion .

I have developed more free software totally not related to audio conversion and this also has a small but very enthusiastic user base. I do this in my free time and get nothing in return (money wise). Although i like to develop nice tools as freeware, i can't maintain all the software i develop (and have developed in the past). I just continue until i find a reason to use my time on an other project. Although i haven't pulled the plug out of ww, i have no plans to continue it either in the near future.

Before i stopped, i had vst's working and audio recording also. But i wanted to put more and more and more thing in it so i didn't actually come to a release (stupid mistake, i know). I really would like to make a new release with a couple of new toys because i have put a lot of hard work into it since the last official release and got a lot of help with this from a couple of forum members right here.

So what will happen next?
Only time will tell.....

PS
On my other software projects i have searched for other pretty good skilled developers who want to help just for the fun of it, but so far i haven't found anyone. So whenever i want to get something done i do it myself which dramatically slows down anything if i have no spare time at all. Although ww is not officially opensource, i have no fundamental objection to give/share the source with someone. If you think you are up to it to (co-)develop wavewizard give me a msg. But i'm not in it for the money, so if your intentions are other then give the community a nice tool you must have a damn good reason (or a zillion dollars on your bank account ).
Old 25th October 2007, 15:19   #182  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
@johnman,

Could you fix the problem in this post: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...314#post942314?

"Wavewizard don't put a valid channel mask, then with WinHex at Offset 0x28 put 0x3F (ChannelMask= FL,FR,C,LFE,SL,SR) and now work OK"

Looking at the readme, i think this is open source. Can i get the source somewhere?
wavewizard leaves the channelmask of waveEX format blank since it has no reliable method of knowing which masks to set.

The sourcecode has never been published but i created everything myself. There is a little issue with the vst part of ww since the interface is owned by a company so im not entirely free to put the sourcecode on a site.

Last edited by johnman; 25th October 2007 at 15:22.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 16:23   #183  |  Link
Zodraz

WaveWizard is a really great and useful program. It is only one for which I know that could merge two stereo files into one multichannel (4.0) file in one pass. Too pity you stopped its development.

Anyway, I wish you good luck on your another projects.
Zodraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2007, 01:30   #184  |  Link
sk11vengeance

Im trying to convert a 6ch wav file to 2ch wav in Wavewizard. When I get a 2ch file from ww, it sounds different compared to a file I get when I use Tranzcode with /mch and dbpoweramp 12 to convert it to 2ch wav. The latter has more bass whereas the one from ww sounds less bassy and a little louder. I can get the same sounding file as ww when I use Tranzcode to extract all 6 files and merge the ones labeled FL and FR from Tranzcode in ww. Is this the proper way to get the 2 channel file from the 6ch DTSWAV? Thanks.

Last edited by sk11vengeance; 10th November 2007 at 01:34.
sk11vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 22:07   #185  |  Link
edo1080

I Would like to know if it's possible to make the following the resulting multichannel .wav output file sequence : L,C,R,LFE,SL,SR . I think wavewizard flags the .wav output file so that every channel is lebeled as L,R,C, etcc... I made a 5.1 wav file from 6 mono waves and loaded it into scenarist, scenarist expects the following sequence L,C,R,SL,SR,LFE but the file made but wavewizard is L,R,C, etc.. so the sequences don't mach. I can load files in the right sequence accepted by sonic, but sonc tells the wav file has not the right channel sequence. Is it possible to change the output sequence for 5.1 .wav files by channel mapping? And if so how to make this?
Thanks

Last edited by edo1080; 12th November 2007 at 22:54.
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 23:29   #186  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo1080 View Post
I Would like to know if it's possible to make the following the resulting multichannel .wav output file sequence : L,C,R,LFE,SL,SR .
Yes, WaveWizard output channel order is controlled by the user.

Quote:
I think wavewizard flags the .wav output file so that every channel is lebeled as L,R,C, etcc...
Nope, in wav header don't exist this info.
Only if WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE is selected there are a ChannelMask field, but WaveWizard put always 0 in this field.
Never use WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE header with old soft not compliant with standard MS wav order.

Quote:
I made a 5.1 wav file from 6 mono waves and loaded it into scenarist, scenarist expects the following sequence L,C,R,SL,SR,LFE but the file made but wavewizard is L,R,C, etc.. so the sequences don't mach. I can load files in the right sequence accepted by sonic, but sonc tells the wav file has not the right channel sequence.
Is not possible know the channel sequence in a wav file, only the creator know the order and the wav header can't say if the C channel is the second or the third.
Quote:
Is it possible to change the output sequence for 5.1 .wav files by channel mapping? And if so how to make this?
Thanks
Of course, menu Edit -> Channel Mapping -> New and you can define the new order.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 00:43   #187  |  Link
edo1080

thank you. You told the output order is set by user, but How can i know which channel is CH(0) , which one is ch(1) etc..
I can assing the file I named front_left.wav to source channel 0 and use channel mapping to assing CH(0) of soure to ch(0) of output; but if I do so, can I be sure that it will be used as front _left by the player? If I go on and assing CH(1) to CH(1) of output and load center in ch(1) I can have to following output L,C,R,SL,SR,LFE (assuming I used this assignment) but how can the player know which channel is Center , which one SL etc.. Thanks
Old 13th November 2007, 03:14   #188  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo1080 View Post
thank you. You told the output order is set by user, but How can i know which channel is CH(0) , which one is ch(1) etc..
I can assing the file I named front_left.wav to source channel 0 and use channel mapping to assing CH(0) of soure to ch(0) of output; but if I do so, can I be sure that it will be used as front _left by the player? If I go on and assing CH(1) to CH(1) of output and load center in ch(1) I can have to following output L,C,R,SL,SR,LFE (assuming I used this assignment) but how can the player know which channel is Center , which one SL etc.. Thanks
ch(0) = FL
ch(1) = FR
ch(2) = C
ch(3) = LFE
ch(4) = SL
ch(5) = SR
This is the standard wav order used by any wav player, wav editor and all modern audio software.
The players know the Center channel is the third and so on.

Any other wav order is wrong and only needed like input for old soft.

I don't understand your "assing CH(1) to CH(1)", all is more simple, if you need a un-standard multichannel wav for Sonic (FL-C-FR-SL-SR-LFE):

- If you have six monowavs load in wavewizard screen with the order:
FL.wav
C.wav
FR.wav
SL.wav
SR.wav
LFE.wav

- If you have a correct multichannel wav you need a mappings.ini like:
Code:
6->6#move#inactive#ac3 order for SoftEncode or ac3enc
0 2 1 4 5 3
6->6#move#inactive#multichannel wav to aac
2 0 1 4 5 3
6->6#move#inactive#DVD-A to multichannel wav
0 1 4 5 2 3
2->2#move#inactive#Swap stereo channels
1 0
2->1#mix#inactive#Mix stereo to mono
0.500 0.500
6->2#mix#active#Dolby Prologic II downmix
0.325 0.000 0.000 0.325 0.230 0.230 0.000 0.000 0.282 -0.163 0.163 -0.282
2->2#move#inactive#Duplicate Left Cannel
0 0
and use 'ac3 order for SoftEncode or ac3enc' (included also in mappingsNEW.ini in last WaveWizard v0.54b)

Last edited by tebasuna51; 13th November 2007 at 03:19.
Old 13th November 2007, 20:38   #189  |  Link
edo1080

Thank you for your hints; I followed them but Sonic gives me the following error message:

specific channel assignment is not corresponding to data

What could this mean? If I well unterstood the meaning of the channels in every .wav 5.1 file is:

ch(0) = FL
ch(1) = FR
ch(2) = C
ch(3) = LFE
ch(4) = SL
ch(5) = SR

As you wrote above; now you can reassing the channels as you like depending on the encoder you are going to give the file to, but you have to know that every player or program which will accept such a file will unterstand the ch(0) as FL, the ch(1) as FR etc..

Maybe Sonic is expecting a different layout of .wav file, not the standard one, is there any other multichannel .wav profile?

Maybe the solution could be a tool allowing WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE for 5.1 .wav files, is there any? but i've read on a MSDN document that Channel order is fixed for WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE too, you cannot reorder them, only mask out channels you're not using

Last edited by edo1080; 13th November 2007 at 22:36.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:11   #190  |  Link
edo1080

Update: I've discovered the .wav files accepted by Sonic are 0xFFFE 6ch wav, but
I don't know what this could mean and how I could make one file like this
Old 14th November 2007, 01:22   #191  |  Link
tebasuna51

Audioformat 0xFFFE is WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE header, if Sonic need this header you can use WaveWizard menu Edit -> Preferences -> Output format -> WaveFormatex.

But maybe now the channel order must be the standard.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 14th November 2007 at 01:29.
Old 14th November 2007, 10:01   #192  |  Link
edo1080

also using extensible wav format is the same I get the same errors, I sincerely can't unterstand which kind of error this is
Old 17th December 2007, 02:39   #193  |  Link
vicfred

is this program still supported?
vicfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 04:29   #194  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfred View Post
is this program still supported?
Read this post
Old 16th February 2008, 00:59   #195  |  Link
Heathcliff

i might be stupid, but i can't make a 5.1 wav from 6 mono wavs with wavewizard, however i red a lost of posts saying it's possible.
can somebody explain me how to do that ?

many thanks !
Heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 01:13   #196  |  Link
tebasuna51

- ADD the six monowavs in order FL, FR, FC, LF, BL, BR
- EDIT -> Preferences -> Stream manipulation -> Merge files
- Output format -> Wave PCM or WaveFormatEx (the channel mask is set to 0, must be 63)
- CONVERT
Old 19th February 2008, 17:58   #197  |  Link
keysersose

Does your program support packed PCM files? specifically I want to convert 5.1 24/96 MLP files and get the 6 mono waves..

Thanks
keysersose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 18:48   #198  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersose View Post
Does your program support packed PCM files? specifically I want to convert 5.1 24/96 MLP files and get the 6 mono waves..
WaveWizard only accept wav file input.

MLP lossless encoded format can be converted to mono wav's with eac3to soft.
Old 23rd February 2008, 05:58   #199  |  Link
Heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
- ADD the six monowavs in order FL, FR, FC, LF, BL, BR
- EDIT -> Preferences -> Stream manipulation -> Merge files
- Output format -> Wave PCM or WaveFormatEx (the channel mask is set to 0, must be 63)
- CONVERT
many thanks
Heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 09:28   #200  |  Link
napalm-187

hi

i have demuxxed an true hd track from hd dvd

converted with eac3to to a multichannel wav

now i will make an BD compatible lpcm stream will i ue for sonic bd

when i laod the pcm the mui generator says the channlorder is wrong

wich settings i must use in wavewizzard to make an right wave file with the right channelorders?

thx
napalm-187 is offline   Reply With Quote