Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2009, 05:23   #1801  |  Link
datman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
What error screen?

[Edit] Let me know what happens with the latest version.
sorry jdobbs I haven't been taking notes. I can see I'm not helping much I'll work on my documentation
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 05:38   #1802  |  Link
isoss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
on BD25 lsoss?
yes on bd25
isoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 06:26   #1803  |  Link
turbojet
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,840
jdobbs, 0xdeadbeef, the developer of BDSup2Sub was able to fix the msialigned subs problem I first reported in this thread.

From BDSup2Sub 1.3 changelog
- x/y ofs from start PCS is used instead of that from the window definition (fixes most misaligned subtitles)

Could you look into something like this to fix the misalignment?
I'm more then welcome to test it and you have a sup from this thread I posted yesterday that has many problems.
Also any chance to resize the sups down 1.5x (1920/1280 = 1080/720) ?

Last edited by turbojet; 5th March 2009 at 06:36.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 09:01   #1804  |  Link
Furiousflea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
sorry jdobbs I haven't been taking notes. I can see I'm not helping much I'll work on my documentation
Hi there, I'm not sure if english is your first language, I expect not. I'm not knocking you but it might be a good idea to type out a rough draft of exactly what you want to say. Giving as much information as clearly as possible. Will help save time for you and be easier to understand what is wrong exactly. Just for example, those 3 windows you posted with "0%" were just the window for encoding your AC3 audio, not an error.

Please try and be completely certain it's not something on your computer causing the problem before posting. Because I get the feeling that the problem is more than likely not a bug but like you say, a bad rip or whatever. Just try and be sure first as you can be first

Sorry if that sounds patronising.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 13:29   #1805  |  Link
Talkietoaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8
Wall E - UK Edition

I downloaded v0.20.02 still the same problem.

When I select "Full Backup", the process starts without any problems with file 0000:

Quote:
-----------------------
[13:17:13] BD Rebuilder v0.20.02 (beta)
- Source: QUACKD1_GBR
- Input BD size: 40.11 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:59:06.351]
- Target BD size: 4.27 GB
[13:17:13] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:17:13] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00000]
- [13:17:41] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 117)
- [13:22:17] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00001]

... (and so forth, works like a charm)
When I select "Movie Only" it fails at the exact same file with:

Quote:
[13:23:08] BD Rebuilder v0.20.02 (beta)
- Source: QUACKD1_GBR
- Input BD size: 24.86 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:38:41.998]
- Target BD size: 4.27 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[13:23:09] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:23:09] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00000]
- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
[13:23:10] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted
I am at a loss, especially as your (Jdobbs) version of Wall E seems to work .
Talkietoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 15:11   #1806  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Off the Map
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfellow View Post
...Wrestlemania 24...is VC-1, 1080i, 29.97fps

[21:09:44] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:09:44] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00064]
- [21:29:48] Collecting video information [00064]
- Video: 1920x1080, 29.970fps
- Bitrate: 3,921 Kbs
- [21:29:48] Reencoding: VID_00064, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[21:30:02] - Failed video encode, aborted
Looks like interlaced VC-1 perhaps; if yes this is a decoding problem not encoding. Try dragging the m2ts in question onto GraphEdit or GraphStudio and see what you get, and whether it will play cleanly. In fact, does it play on any player you might have on your PC?

This has been discussed before as a problem (interlaced VC-1)
but AFAIK has been ignored since to-date it's only been seen in extras vs. main feature.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 15:24   #1807  |  Link
mmace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Looks like interlaced VC-1 perhaps; if yes this is a decoding problem not encoding. Try dragging the m2ts in question onto GraphEdit or GraphStudio and see what you get, and whether it will play cleanly. In fact, does it play on any player you might have on your PC?

This has been discussed before as a problem (interlaced VC-1)
but AFAIK has been ignored since to-date it's only been seen in extras vs. main feature.
I've had all sorts of problems with interlaced VC-1, in the end I set FFDShow to use libav and it did it at 0.05x, took best part of a week to do the extra's, once it was finished I found out the extras were picture-in-picture only (universal disc) so it didn't work anyway!!
mmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 15:38   #1808  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Off the Map
Posts: 2,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
I've had all sorts of problems with interlaced VC-1, in the end I set FFDShow to use libav and it did it at 0.05x...
Really!!!??!!! How do you set it to "0.05x"?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:18   #1809  |  Link
datman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
Hi there, I'm not sure if english is your first language, I expect not. I'm not knocking you but it might be a good idea to type out a rough draft of exactly what you want to say. Giving as much information as clearly as possible. Will help save time for you and be easier to understand what is wrong exactly. Just for example, those 3 windows you posted with "0%" were just the window for encoding your AC3 audio, not an error.

Please try and be completely certain it's not something on your computer causing the problem before posting. Because I get the feeling that the problem is more than likely not a bug but like you say, a bad rip or whatever. Just try and be sure first as you can be first

Sorry if that sounds patronising.
thanks for the input I'll work on it.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:26   #1810  |  Link
liquidskin76
Registered User
 
liquidskin76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
I've had all sorts of problems with interlaced VC-1, in the end I set FFDShow to use libav and it did it at 0.05x, took best part of a week to do the extra's, once it was finished I found out the extras were picture-in-picture only (universal disc) so it didn't work anyway!!
I'm getting the same with '300' (UK version) when running full disc to BD25. x264 crashes with the error 'x264.exe has stopped working'. More specifically, it stops working a little way into encoding the first 1080i VC-1 steam.

All 1080p or 480i streams are ok.

Here's the lastcmd text...

"C:\Users\####\Desktop\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "C:\USERS\####\DESKTOP\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\VID_00025.AVS" --crf 24 --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --aud --vbv-bufsize 25000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --vbv-maxrate 35000 --bframes 3 --8x8dct --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim --stats "C:\USERS\####\DESKTOP\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\VID_00025.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output "C:\USERS\####\DESKTOP\NEW FOLDER\WORKFILES\VID_00025.AVS.264"


Ran the lastcmd from CMD however no other info was given when x264 stops working.

Checked Vista's event logs and part of the application error was 'faulting module wmvdecod.dll'.

With ffdshow VC-1 settings set to 'disabled' and 'wmv9', x264 stops working.

If ffdshow VC-1 is set to 'libavcodec' i get the same as mmace, with the BD_Rebuilder speed running between 0.05x and 0.07x speeds!

The stream plays ok in PowerDVD 8. When played in Windows Media Player, the image keeps scambling/blocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Looks like interlaced VC-1 perhaps; if yes this is a decoding problem not encoding. Try dragging the m2ts in question onto GraphEdit or GraphStudio and see what you get, and whether it will play cleanly. In fact, does it play on any player you might have on your PC?

This has been discussed before as a problem (interlaced VC-1)
but AFAIK has been ignored since to-date it's only been seen in extras vs. main feature.
I agree with laserfan that it's not a x264 issue, rather a decoding issue.

Checked the M2TS file in GraphEdit and the video/subtitles are linking to ffdshow video decoder, with the audio linking to ffdshow audio decoder.

@jdobbs
@dark shikari

Is there any more info i can give you that may be of help?

Cheers
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 17:55   #1811  |  Link
GaPony
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidskin76 View Post
I'm getting the same with '300' (UK version) when running full disc to BD25. x264 crashes with the error 'x264.exe has stopped working'. More specifically, it stops working a little way into encoding the first 1080i VC-1 steam.

All 1080p or 480i streams are ok.

Ran the lastcmd from CMD however no other info was given when x264 stops working.

With ffdshow VC-1 settings set to 'disabled' and 'wmv9', x264 stops working.

If ffdshow VC-1 is set to 'libavcodec' i get the same as mmace, with the BD_Rebuilder speed running between 0.05x and 0.07x speeds!

The stream plays ok in PowerDVD 8. When played in Windows Media Player, the image keeps scambling/blocking.

I agree with laserfan that it's not a x264 issue, rather a decoding issue.
This would accurately describe what I'm experiencing on several movies... though I haven't connected it to a problem with wmvdecod.dll. I did experience x264.exe stopping when it ran into a 1080i VC-1 file while copying The Express and Burn After Reading.
Most of my output lately has been scrabled/blocked... after a very long run of successful copies. I'm not sure what might have changed. I don't have PowerDVD installed, but I get poor results when viewing with TotalMediaTheatre and WMP11... or from a disc burned with ImgBurn.

Last edited by GaPony; 5th March 2009 at 18:12.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 19:23   #1812  |  Link
Furiousflea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 696
READ.....

All the problems with 1080i VC1 streams discussed in last few posts are NORMAL. The reason you are getting blocky output\x264 crashing is because the FREE decoders DO NOT support hybrid interlaced VC1 streams.

The ONLY decoder that seems to support them properly is a PAID one by neuron2.

HOWEVER...

duh duh duhhhhh


There is a work around, by setting the minimum VTS for encoding by BD-Rebuilder you can get it to NOT encode these streams and just copy them as is to the backup you are using. Using the minimum VTS option in the ini - Any VTS under a certain size will not be compressed but just direct stream copied into your backup.

Obviously there are limitations here so if you backing up to anything smaller than BD25 don't bother.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 19:44   #1813  |  Link
liquidskin76
Registered User
 
liquidskin76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
READ.....

All the problems with 1080i VC1 streams discussed in last few posts are NORMAL. The reason you are getting blocky output\x264 crashing is because the FREE decoders DO NOT support hybrid interlaced VC1 streams.

The ONLY decoder that seems to support them properly is a PAID one by neuron2.

HOWEVER...

duh duh duhhhhh


There is a work around, by setting the minimum VTS for encoding by BD-Rebuilder you can get it to NOT encode these streams and just copy them as is to the backup you are using. Using the minimum VTS option in the ini - Any VTS under a certain size will not be compressed but just direct stream copied into your backup.

Obviously there are limitations here so if you backing up to anything smaller than BD25 don't bother.
Hey Furiousflea,

Cheers for the info and work around. Should have figured that one myself!
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 19:46   #1814  |  Link
stef73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29
ive got a ps3 and panasonic bd35, if i just back up movie only will work on panasonic great for some reason ps3 stopped playing backups for first time in two years hence why i bought bd35 i want to back up the whole disk to bd25 im using traxdata tried the FIX_CLPI=0 in the ini file and still wont play full disk back ups using latest version, im using verbatims traxdata sony and getting same result which is it looks like its going to play then just says stop. these disk are playing fine on my pc which is weird anyone have any ideas or is it me lol
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 19:54   #1815  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 607
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. Yesterday I ripped Before The Devil Knows I'm Dead with AnyDVD HD. I played the movie .m2ts in MPC and it played perfectly.

I then set up BD Rebuilder (latest version) to do a movie-only rebuild with a target size of DVD-9, and 640kbps AC3 audio. I left that overnight, and by the time I had got back home from work today it had finished. However, playing the .m2ts file in MPC shows a terrific picture but unfortunately no sound. If I check the properties in MPC it shows the video information but no sound information. If I load the .m2ts file in tsMuxer it shows both the video and sound stream. I tried loading the movie into MakeMKV and it fails to load, saying 'invalid mux'.

Log File:

[21:45:19] BD Rebuilder v0.20.02 (beta)
- Source: BEFORE_THE_DEVIL
- Input BD size: 16.22 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:56:43.413]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[21:45:19] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:45:19] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00000]
- [21:51:37] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
[16:41:02]PHASE ONE complete
[16:41:02]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [16:41:02] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[16:45:02] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[16:45:02]JOB: BEFORE_THE_DEVIL completed.

Does anyone have any idea whats gone on here? This is the 2nd time I've used BD-Rebuilder. The first time I got no picture and no sound, so I guess I've made some progress lol.

What I don't understand is I've used Ripbot264 successfully to rebuild to DVD-9, so what could be the problem with BD-Rebuilder?
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 20:08   #1816  |  Link
Elesias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
What version are you using. Make sure it is v0.20.2, because there was apparently some issue introduced in v0.20.1 with the new TSMUXER. I've backed into the older TSMUXER with the latest one.
Great news : tried the lastest version with "Street Kings", and everything runs just fine on my BD 35 player.

Great job !
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 20:26   #1817  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
jdobbs, 0xdeadbeef, the developer of BDSup2Sub was able to fix the msialigned subs problem I first reported in this thread.

From BDSup2Sub 1.3 changelog
- x/y ofs from start PCS is used instead of that from the window definition (fixes most misaligned subtitles)

Could you look into something like this to fix the misalignment?
I'm more then welcome to test it and you have a sup from this thread I posted yesterday that has many problems.
Also any chance to resize the sups down 1.5x (1920/1280 = 1080/720) ?
I'll look at it. I also reposition them based upon the center of the window definition. Most of the time the window is only around the text -- but in one of the examples you showed it looks like that's not always the case.

I haven't even put together a routine to decode the RLE picture yet (I'd love it if someone had an algorithm they'd share) -- so it might be a while before I resize the picture. If I resized them, though, it would eliminate the misalignment... as I could use the top/left corner as the point of reference instead of the middle of the picture.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 20:33   #1818  |  Link
stef73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29
elias was that a full backup or movie only
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 21:21   #1819  |  Link
Elesias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef73 View Post
elias was that a full backup or movie only
Movie only.
Elesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 21:58   #1820  |  Link
stef73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 29
thnanks mate its always worked movie only on mine, have you tried full back up
stef73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.