Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 24th March 2019, 20:02   #55481  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post
Try full screen

Sometimes I had this weird bug on some videos, it will black screen on downscaling, but it works fine with upscaling.
Makes no difference. The UT video dev claims that the error is on madVR's side that "madVR's behavior is strange".

Last edited by mzso; 24th March 2019 at 20:13.
mzso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 20:40   #55482  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by actarusfleed View Post
The problem described in my previous post (FSE > Composition rate = 60hz) is with the newest Nvidia driver (419.35).

Custom resolutions are not priority for me now ... but in the future my intent will be to fix also this problem ....
So to have also custom resolutions , with an RTX2080, what combination of Win10 version + Nvidia drivers Do I've to use?
Please take a look again at my thread:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176013
slect the seconds last one and try what happens. If it has also bugs, try the third, then the fourth, ...
Just copy and paste version in google and you'll find the Nvidia download page.

Quote:
What is "CRU" ?
See here
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/T...on-Utility-CRU

But I don't use it as I already mentioned in one of my previous posts, so can't help you with it, but for sure others can help.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 21:07   #55483  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
So luma scaling is important also with UHD files?
Can you suggest me some luma settings to start?
Because you don't have any profiles set up you're only upscaling video that needs to be upscaled. UHD titles will not upscale as they meet the native display resolution of your panel.

I recommend starting with Asmodian's max quality config here.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 21:21   #55484  |  Link
JonnyRedHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Not much to pick up on, just enable madVR in the renderer section and press play. If it is completely random as you say and MPC does it as well I think the next best step would be to place madVR into debugging mode (activate debug mode.bat) and sending the resulting desktop file to madshi. Note the time these spikes occur (use a stopwatch) so he can find the data at the right time in the rather large file that will result.

Yes, can confirm the stutter glitch occurs exactly the same in MPC-BE with the renderer set to madvr. With 'automatically detect hard coded black bars' enabled.
JonnyRedHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 21:23   #55485  |  Link
ryrynz

Maybe given the age and performance of your card you're the first one to notice an issue with this setting.. create the log and pass it to madshi over at http://bugs.madshi.net
Old 24th March 2019, 23:16   #55486  |  Link
actarusfleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Because you don't have any profiles set up you're only upscaling video that needs to be upscaled. UHD titles will not upscale as they meet the native display resolution of your panel.

I recommend starting with Asmodian's max quality config here.
Ok, so this section needs to be properly setted for full HD content.
UHD files do not need those functions.
So I was right.

Please how to use the file you sent me?
actarusfleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 23:42   #55487  |  Link
ryrynz

Copy it into your madvr folder. Overwrite your current settings file. Basic stuff.
Old 25th March 2019, 00:10   #55488  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Hello!
I ran into an issue with madVR. Some UT-Video formats (ULH4, UMRG, probably more) won't play when using the origi madVR is chosen as a renderer . I only get a blackscreen and either no playback (when there's an audio stream) or blackscreen during playback (when there's no audio stream). With all other renderers there's no problem.
Not sure what happens, the splitter is LAV.

If I use LAV decoder the formats that are supported by ffmpeg play normally. However that are not display only a black screen so so there's no way to play them with madVR.
can you provide a sample and what decoder is used?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 01:24   #55489  |  Link
tp4tissue

So, dat Samsung AI upscaling technology..

Here's the hurdle, They've got money, and all the resource in the world.

At some point, advancing this technology requires raw compute resources, to train the algorithms, to be content aware, and to continuously UPDATE.

I think, there's an opportunity here, for Madshi to Leverage ALL of Madvr enthusiast's collective GPU power in such training.

Otherwise, Samsung will just beat us over the head with MONEY..

Perhaps a distributive compute process for training that everyone can download, and help run, like folding @ home?
Old 25th March 2019, 02:23   #55490  |  Link
nussman

Can you stop posting nonsense here?
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 03:29   #55491  |  Link
Oguignant

For madVR v0.92.17 or later:
Max Quality settings.bin
Low Power settings.bin

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1709584

why no more Heater settings?
Old 25th March 2019, 07:46   #55492  |  Link
Asmodian

Feel free to post in that thread, you will get answers there too.

Once I got a 2080 Ti, and switched to NGU AA for my default (not related), the heater and "max" settings became the same thing, and so max is a bit more accurate of a name now.

NGU AA does not have direct 4x so I have to use double again. Also, the 2080 Ti still has plenty of room left for RCA and/or sharpening, if needed, even with 2x NGU very high twice for 720p30 to 4K.

Last edited by Asmodian; 25th March 2019 at 07:57.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 14:54   #55493  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nussman View Post
Can you stop posting nonsense here?
What nonsense are you referring to? Are you talking about the idea of distributed picture analysis through neural networks?
I'm totally ignorant about the tech hurdles to overcome but the idea, overall, doesn't seem to me so "nonsense". At the very least it's worth discussing, I guess.
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 15:17   #55494  |  Link
tp4tissue

Guys, I got an old tv that has its own sharpening chip which can't be disabled. What it's doing is creating checker boxes from what looks like -Grain- ?

Are the patches output by Madtpg completely solid without grain (dithered patterns)? It might just be this tv which is itself crazy, but wanted to confirm with y'all.

The problem this is causing is up and down measurements near the frequencies where their sharpening algorithm is trying to detect edges.

So when it distorts a patch with sharpening patterns, it's measured incorrectly as darker.

Last edited by tp4tissue; 25th March 2019 at 15:20.
tp4tissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 15:55   #55495  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
can you provide a sample and what decoder is used?
If you insist. Though you can make some of your own if you want with the official codec:
https://mega.nz/#F!54QDmCQQ!-2Txj1DmyVR7faTUE6j0NA
(These original files created by the recorder software, so they also have the audio stream.)
Old 25th March 2019, 18:30   #55496  |  Link
el Filou

Those two files work on my system ("mission 08" "mission 22") with LAV 0.74.1 outputting respectively RGB32 and YV24 to madVR.
Old 25th March 2019, 20:08   #55497  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post
Are the patches output by Madtpg completely solid without grain (dithered patterns)?
Completely solid, of course. Old plasma?
Old 25th March 2019, 21:29   #55498  |  Link
Oguignant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Feel free to post in that thread, you will get answers there too.

Once I got a 2080 Ti, and switched to NGU AA for my default (not related), the heater and "max" settings became the same thing, and so max is a bit more accurate of a name now.

NGU AA does not have direct 4x so I have to use double again. Also, the 2080 Ti still has plenty of room left for RCA and/or sharpening, if needed, even with 2x NGU very high twice for 720p30 to 4K.
Hi Asmodian,

I was using old Heater settings with NGU Sharp but now, I'm using your Max settings with my geforce 1080ti and the result is very, very good.
I use it for 2160p23, 1080p23, 720p23 and Streaming. I do not have dropped frames and the render time is 14 or 19 ms approx.
Old 25th March 2019, 22:04   #55499  |  Link
mzso

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
Those two files work on my system ("mission 08" "mission 22") with LAV 0.74.1 outputting respectively RGB32 and YV24 to madVR.
I kind of borked the comment, but the problem is with the official codecs, not LAV video.
The RGB (T2) one working is a tad suspicious since ffmpeg/LAV doesn't support it.
Old 25th March 2019, 22:06   #55500  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
I kind of borked the comment, but the problem is with the official codecs, not LAV video.
The RGB (T2) one working is a tad suspicious since ffmpeg/LAV doesn't support it.
As far as I can tell, FFmpeg/LAV supports those "T2" ones fine, only "Pro" formats are not supported (10-bit).

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling