Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 10th October 2008, 20:12   #1  |  Link
kaid

Working around the AVCHD/BD mux bug in tsMuxeR/Linux

Hooray! ;-) I just made it! After finding out case-sensitivity (tsmuxer tries to write to a /BDMV/Stream/ directory instead of /BDMV/STREAM/) was the reason it would not work I just tried renaming the /STREAM directory to /Stream inside the BDMV structure tsMuxer made, ran tsMuxer again, and lo and behold: IT WORKS!

Just delete the /STREAM folder that is created and rename /Stream (the one with the .m2ts file(s) in it) to /STREAM

So, now that BD muxing itself works, here's the bad news: So far I was unable to make an AVCHD that worked on the PS3. I did try it with the FAT32 USB-stick i was always working with when using the Windows-version, using a 100% AVCHD-compliant stream and file-naming for FAT32, but the PS3 would only tell me "invalid disk". I doubt it's any different using UDF optical media and the original filenames.. This is most likely a bug that got fixed long ago in the Windows-version but that's still there in the Linux-Version (1.7.3b). Roman to the rescue! ;-)

P.S: Here's an example of what the .meta file should look like for muxing an AVCHD/BD, theoretically this SHOULD work, but it seems the BD muxing is b0rked more than just in case sensitivity:
Code:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "input.mkv", level=4.1, insertSEI, contSPS, track=<videotrack-id>, lang=<language>
A_AC3, "input.mkv", track=<audiotrack-id>, lang=<language>

Last edited by kaid; 10th October 2008 at 20:16.
kaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, bluray, linux, ps3, tsmuxer