Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th February 2005, 12:56   #61  |  Link
mezzanine

Yes i'm still here, but been very busy.
I made some changes to fusionyv12 to output mp4 with aac but i still have the overhead calculations and some muxing progress feedback.
I'm still confused, should i use mp4creator and x264 or mp4box with xvid ?
I'm really impressed with X.264, amazing quality and development is moving fast.

MP4BoxGUI is still where i left it weeks ago, with the release of mp4muxer i don't know if there is a point in developing MP4BoxGUI anymore.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 13:10   #62  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine
I'm still confused, should i use mp4creator and x264 or mp4box with xvid ?
when doing direct avi->mp4 with xvid, always use mp4box! mp4creator doesnt produce 100% correctly files when giving it an .avi source (most players will not see the difference i think, but still they are not 100% correct)
when you really have to use mp4creator you have to do avi->raw->mp4 (with doing avi->raw with the avi2raw tool from mpeg4ip) to get a correct mp4

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 14:21   #63  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine
MP4BoxGUI is still where i left it weeks ago, with the release of mp4muxer i don't know if there is a point in developing MP4BoxGUI anymore.
No!!!!!!!! MP4BoxGUI was AWESOME! Please continue improving it
Old 28th February 2005, 16:47   #64  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi mezzanine,

Would it be possible to have a new version of MP4BoxGUI based on version 0.13 but without the 4CC checking implementation?

Cheers
Old 28th February 2005, 17:48   #65  |  Link
mezzanine

Quote:
Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital
Hi mezzanine,

Would it be possible to have a new version of MP4BoxGUI based on version 0.13 but without the 4CC checking implementation?

Cheers
http://c.1asphost.com/mezzanine/MP4BoxGUI0.13.7z

Updated.
Theoretically, you can use AutoAC to encode a clip with AAC and AVC and then mp4boxgui to add the subtitles.
Old 28th February 2005, 18:20   #66  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks mezzanine,

Actually, I really like MP4BoxGUI's no nonsense approach to muxing Mpeg4/SP/ASP streams with appropriate audio.

And long may it continue... please

Cheers
Old 1st March 2005, 13:48   #67  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

I'm just wondering if there'll be any more updates of MP4BoxGUI and if there's any new builds of MP4Box?
Old 1st March 2005, 13:52   #68  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally posted by Elias
if there's any new builds of MP4Box?
no. why? do you miss a feature?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 1st March 2005, 14:01   #69  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
no. why? do you miss a feature?
As a matter of fact I do Track Language input is basically all I want, preferably the way QuickTime Pro handles it, or just after the MPEG-4 ISO Standard (if such a standard exists for Track Language). Oh and both for Video/Audio track I can't really think of much else, since the current version I'm using now is super-stable.

Last edited by Elias; 1st March 2005 at 14:04.
Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2005, 15:28   #70  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
As a matter of fact I do Track Language input is basically all I want, preferably the way QuickTime Pro handles it, or just after the MPEG-4 ISO Standard (if such a standard exists for Track Language). Oh and both for Video/Audio track I can't really think of much else, since the current version I'm using now is super-stable.
Maybe mezzanine could find a way of incorporating QuickTimes "Dumpster" tool to provide "language" input?

Cheers
Old 1st March 2005, 16:05   #71  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Track Language input is basically all I want, preferably the way QuickTime Pro handles it, or just after the MPEG-4 ISO Standard
qt does that compliant to mpeg-4

mp4box doesnt support language setting, but you might want to drop a feature request here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid...01&func=browse

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 1st March 2005, 18:24   #72  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
qt does that compliant to mpeg-4

mp4box doesnt support language setting, but you might want to drop a feature request here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid...01&func=browse
AAaaaaaaaaaah! Great! I really like the way QuickTime does it. It's only one problem though, it's that QT doesn't support multiple audio tracks as of now, and that's why I want MP4Box to handle track language until QuickTime is able to direct stream copy multiple audio/video tracks. Well well, it's not much of a big deal anyway, but it would be cool. I quess QuickTime will handle it in future versions.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:29   #73  |  Link
bond

qt supports multiple audio, it even supports multiple video streams in one file!

you should be able to switch multiple streams with the "enable/disable tracks" option

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
Old 1st March 2005, 20:58   #74  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
qt supports multiple audio, it even supports multiple video streams in one file!

you should be able to switch multiple streams with the "enable/disable tracks" option
Yes, it supports it, but not for MPEG-4 pass through mp4 file creation. At least not with multiple audio streams. Don't know about multiple video streams in MPEG-4 pass through mp4 file creation. But on the other hand, I can change the language tracks to English, for multiple audio streams, and then just save as a *.mov file. But then I need a tool that'll direct stream copy the video/audio streams in the *.mov file into *.mp4 which is something I can't find at the moment.

Last edited by Elias; 1st March 2005 at 21:03.
Old 14th March 2005, 19:59   #75  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Mezzanine,

I forgot to say thanks for your latest version (v0.14).... It works really well now at muxing Mpeg4/SP/ASP content

Cheers
Old 14th March 2005, 20:03   #76  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Hi Mezzanine,

I forgot to say thanks for your latest version (v0.14).... It works really well now at muxing Mpeg4/SP/ASP content

Cheers
I don't get it? It always worked good?
Old 15th March 2005, 00:51   #77  |  Link
mezzanine

Quote:
Hi Mezzanine,

Cheers
Enjoy
Old 27th March 2005, 19:10   #78  |  Link
bond

heya mezzanine, i hope you still work on your gui

i have a bunch of feature requests, which might be very useable:

1) add more possible input filetypes:
- next to .srt also allow the .ttxt extension for subs to be muxed
- latest mp4box now also supports raw mpeg-4 part2 (aka asp) video: .m4v
- raw avc is also supported: .264
- also mp4box supports .mpg input (mpeg program streams) for mpeg-1/2 audio and video importing
- than for .3gp output there is also h.263 video and amr audio (for amr the extensions is .amr, dunno for h.263, you might want to look this up), which mp4box supports too
- than of course .3gp container files are supported as input
- than for pictures the .jpg and .png extensions are supported for import

would be great if you could add all those, maybe it would be good to create a dropdown list where the different extensions are listed in seperate lines, to avoid a mess if all extensions are listed in one line

2) give the possibility to add special options to the input streams, eg when clicking on a stream an option menu gets displayed which could offer the following options:
- for .avi and .m4v import an option which could be named "remove n-vops and create a variable framerate stream", which en/disables the -nodrop option (-nodrop should by default always be used)
- for .avi and .mpg import you could add a "import only audio" and "import only video" option, which would add #audio or #video to the input file in the commandline to only import the audio/video from the input
- for .mp4 and .3gp input you could offer an option to set a trackid (#trackid added to the input .mp4 filename), for specifying which track to input from such files if not all should be imported
- you could also allow for all imports the appending of "%X" to the file name, which will only import the first X seconds of the input. i havent tested this till now, i assume it will only make sense if the same secondvalue is set for all input files
- for video files you could offer the -fps option for setting a framerate. note that on raw video files mp4box will always use 25fps by default, so offering this option is pretty important for raw input (when importing from containers (avi, mpg, mp4, 3gp) the framerate set in the input container file is used by default, unless specified otherwise via -fps)
- for raw .aac files you could offer the option to signal sbr (as its not possible to readout whether a raw .aac stream is he-aac/sbr or not). there are three possibilities for signalling: "implicit" (is used when no special option is added in the commandline), "explicit" (-sbrx, signals a he-aac profile), "explicit backwardscompatible" (-sbr, lc-aac profile set + sbr signalling in esds). explicit backwardscompatible should be the default option if someone wants to signal sbr

3) next to .mp4 output saving you could also offer .3gp as extension, as mp4box also supports the 3gp container
of course .mp4 output shouldnt be allowed if h.263 or amr input streams are set, dunno if mp4box will not allow this by itself

huh a lot, but mp4box is also a powerful tool, hopefully mp4boxgui can keep up with it too

Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis

Last edited by bond; 3rd May 2005 at 12:59.
Old 27th March 2005, 19:28   #79  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Man all this sounds great! I hope too that mezzanine can keep up with all that One request though: hinting/streaming/optimized for server/etc would be cool if you could make check-box options for.

Last edited by Elias; 27th March 2005 at 19:31.
Old 27th March 2005, 23:45   #80  |  Link
mezzanine

Quote:
huh a lot, but mp4box is also a powerful tool, hopefully mp4boxgui can keep up with it too

Hopefully this week i will have a new build up with most of these new features. mp4box is a great tool

Elias - ok, the checkbox will be included in the next build.

Last edited by mezzanine; 27th March 2005 at 23:48.