Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 3rd October 2002, 02:54   #1  |  Link
ozziebill

Rogue vob

I ripped the Big Arnie movie "THE 6th DAY" and found that Vob file 4 was freezing my computer. I put VOB 1 VOB 2 and VOB 3 through AVI2DVD then TMPG and ended up with a good MPEG 1 file but I cannot do it with VOB 4. AVI2DVD will just seize up, and even hovering the curser over the file will freeze my computer. BTW the disk is the 3rd Iv'e tried and is in perfect condition. It plays ok. Smart ripper won't open it and I use DVD DECRYPTER which pauses at 91% then finishes off ok.
Any attempt to erase,change the name etc will freeze up the computer. I got my VET antivirus to check the disk, and it locked up on VOB 4. Has anyone ripped this movie or had a problem like this?
ozziebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2002, 00:10   #2  |  Link
TheWiz

I'm not sure if I understand if the problem you said you're having still is a problem or you found a solution, but just recently someone referred me to to get 'DivFix' and I just noticed that it says next to it "to fix broken...and fixed crashed sessions" here's the link to the software section. I hope this was helpful.