Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st January 2011, 18:12   #10721  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Would this condition work if the desired output is BD5/9?
My experience was, I believe anyway, that the bitrate was too high for the BD5/9, and the backup had audio stuttering when keeping the original IGS menu. However, the BD-25 backup worked perfectly keeping the original menu.( using the MIN_M2TS=xxx)
It would only work on a BD-25. Maybe I'll just wait until it is done.
Old 1st January 2011, 19:56   #10722  |  Link
drmih

It was only really a flag or notification that such a stream existed so that you can either decide not to do the disc at this time, or try a manual work around. At the moment there doesn't seem an easy way to identify these discs.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 20:03   #10723  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You probably want to read the X264 documentation, as it describes "--pass 3". Essentially it works exactly like "--pass 2", except it updates the stats file with the results the nth pass (2 through n). That makes it possible to do additional "--pass 3" passes that also each update the stats file (as many as you want). I wouldn't recommend it, though, as (IMHO) the results don't justify the additional time. When you do the proper analysis in a two pass encode (as X264 does), additional passes are pretty much does very little (if anything).

No, I don't think it would of benefit to add the additional presets. They are massive overkill and give little benefit in this application at the expense of huge time costs. All they would do is give folks the impression I think they are needed -- and they are not. In truth I think the existing "Highest" mode is rarely if ever needed, in fact I can't remember the last time I used it.

Just as a little tip... there is also a hidden "ENCODE_QUALITY=5" setting. I put it there for testing. It uses the fastest X264 settings available, but on most encodes you'll probably not want to do a permanent backkup with it, as you lose quality in order to gain speed.
Thanks Jdobbs, I started to read documentation but never finish it. I would look through it.

As for another point I think you are quite right.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 00:22   #10724  |  Link
chrispk

Gladiator backup always has a loop in it

Hi there I'm new to BD backup since we just now got a BD player and HD setup for Christmas but I made sure we got a BD drive to backup our BDs (we have 4 kids ). I have tried to backup the Gladiator movie I got for Christmas with BDRB but every time I burn it, it still has a loop in the movie. The first time I burned it, one of my settings was wrong on the BDRB and the loop was quite long, about 20 mins into the movie it threw us back to the beginning scenes. SO I downloaded the inspect.exe and ran it, changed the setting that was wrong, ran it again and then ran BDRB on it again. The second time through there was still a loop, only slightly smaller. The next time around I figured it was the type of media I was using so I bought some Verbatim LTH 25GB BDs to use. The loop was slightly smaller this time as well, it threw us about half a minute back in the movie. I don't want to keep burning discs, and a helpful guy from the Videohelp forum suggested using a software player like PowerDVD. I tried to get my PowerDVD 9 to play it but can't figure that out yet. Can someone help me figure out how to get rid of the loop and teach me how to play it with my software before wasting anymore BDs?
chrispk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:30   #10725  |  Link
Priapismic

Great program

Last edited by Priapismic; 2nd January 2011 at 03:20.
Priapismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:45   #10726  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispk View Post
Hi there I'm new to BD backup since we just now got a BD player and HD setup for Christmas but I made sure we got a BD drive to backup our BDs (we have 4 kids ). I have tried to backup the Gladiator movie I got for Christmas with BDRB but every time I burn it, it still has a loop in the movie. The first time I burned it, one of my settings was wrong on the BDRB and the loop was quite long, about 20 mins into the movie it threw us back to the beginning scenes. SO I downloaded the inspect.exe and ran it, changed the setting that was wrong, ran it again and then ran BDRB on it again. The second time through there was still a loop, only slightly smaller. The next time around I figured it was the type of media I was using so I bought some Verbatim LTH 25GB BDs to use. The loop was slightly smaller this time as well, it threw us about half a minute back in the movie. I don't want to keep burning discs, and a helpful guy from the Videohelp forum suggested using a software player like PowerDVD. I tried to get my PowerDVD 9 to play it but can't figure that out yet. Can someone help me figure out how to get rid of the loop and teach me how to play it with my software before wasting anymore BDs?
Not sure how the "loop" can happen. It would seem you'd almost have to purposefully cause that during encode... so I'm not sure what I can do. I would highly suggest you buy a BD-RE disc (you only need one) so you can test without wasting discs. You can get one at Target for about $15. Can you describe the "loop" a little? I can't imagine how that could happen unless the disc is skipping?

As for using PowerDVD -- my recommendation is always to use a standalone player. Software players (all of them) are just too buggy, and you never know where the blame lies when you have issues.

Just as an aside, I've done "Gladiator" and didn't have any problems.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd January 2011 at 02:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:52   #10727  |  Link
gregbm

Thank you jdobbs for your excellent programm.

I'v a new laptop with a core I7, I see that Bd rebuilder use only 40% of the cpu to converting blyray. With my core2duo cpu is always at 100%.

Do you think it's normal or can I set it to use 100% of CPU to convert faster?

(Sorry for my poor english)
gregbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:55   #10728  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbm View Post
Thank you jdobbs for your excellent programm.

I'v a new laptop with a core I7, I see that Bd rebuilder use only 40% of the cpu to converting blyray. With my core2duo cpu is always at 100%.

Do you think it's normal or can I set it to use 100% of CPU to convert faster?

(Sorry for my poor english)
Make sure you are watching it in Pass 2. Pass one rarely uses all the CPU (at least on my system), but 40% seems low. Maybe the hard drive can't keep up? I7's are pretty fast and laptops often have slow hard drives. How many fps is it showing while encoding? Also, have you tried it without antivirus running? They often put themselves between you and your disc drive, causing everything to be slow and annoying.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd January 2011 at 02:57.
Old 2nd January 2011, 03:06   #10729  |  Link
chrispk

Quote:
Not sure how the "loop" can happen. It would seem you'd almost have to purposefully cause that during encode... so I'm not sure what I can do. I would highly suggest you buy a BD-RE disc (you only need one) so you can test without wasting discs. You can get one at Target for about $15. Can you describe the "loop" a little? I can't imagine how that could happen unless the disc is skipping?

As for using PowerDVD -- my recommendation is always to use a standalone player. Software players (all of them) are just too buggy, and you never know where the blame lies when you have issues.

Just as an aside, I've done "Gladiator" and didn't have any problems.
Thanks for the response JDobbs. I posted it to another thread because of the earlier response. Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot.

I actually did buy a BD-RE disc to burn to so I will try that. As for the loop, what happens is that we watch the movie and all of a sudden it will throw us back to an earlier scene, like the disc is skipping backwards like a record player with a scratched record. The first burn, the loop was large it took us almost all the way back to the beginning of the movie. The second time, it looped at the same spot but only took us halfway back. The last time, it looped again at the same spot and only took us about a 10 seconds back. So with each burn it seemed to get better. I don't know anything about how I could cause that during encode as I haven't changed any settings at all (I don't know enough about any of this to do that as I'm sure I would screw it up ).

Last edited by chrispk; 2nd January 2011 at 03:16.
chrispk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 03:09   #10730  |  Link
gregbm

Thanks for reply.

In pass 2 -> 23FPS (0.8x) -> cpu:33%. My hard drives is only 5200rpm maybe it's a problem.

I'll try to stop avant antivirus
Old 2nd January 2011, 14:23   #10731  |  Link
k-c-ksum

Quote:
Thanks for reply.

In pass 2 -> 23FPS (0.8x) -> cpu:33%. My hard drives is only 5200rpm maybe it's a problem.

thats quick if its a quality 2nd pass
Old 2nd January 2011, 16:27   #10732  |  Link
carland

Quote:
No idea. But it's very probably something on your end, either in the player, the media, or something in your processing -- if it were within BD Rebuilder it would be happening everywhere. On the other hand, with no view into your settings, etc, anything I'd say would be a wild guess.

I've done Avatar and A-Team with no issues.

The problem breaks keeping, so I decided to test dvfab and 7 per film breaks no longer exist.
I would like to help solve it. Because i like rebuilder.
The films I made were the avatar and the A team with the rebuilder i have breaks and with dvfab i have not.
my player is lgbd390 bd-r and sony.
thanks
carland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:03   #10733  |  Link
IVaN_000

Quote:
Thanks for reply.

If you're on Windows 7 you can watch hard disk usage with Resource Monitor. Just press Start button and type "Resource monitor".
IVaN_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:33   #10734  |  Link
waynezo

wavi.exe error only on LPCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priapismic View Post
To end the wavi.exe errors:
Open ffdshow Video Decoder Configuration,
Then, under DirectShow Control click the "edit" button next to "use ffdshow only in", and type in wavi.exe.
This fix didn't work for me. If I disable the LPCM track I don't get the error. I have the uncompressed setting in ffdshow set to all supported.

I have K-lite codecs on my PC. Do they need to be tweaked also?

I'm rebuilding concert Blu-Rays to BD-25. I need the m2ts files to have ac3 so they will play on WMC7.

I have been disabling LPCM as a workaround.

Is there anything else I should try?
Is LPCM relevant to the ac3 encoding?

I love BDRB, just haven't been able to get it to encode the LPCM track.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
2 ATI Radeon HD 4770 Video Cards
6GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD HD
2 HANNS-G 28" Monitors
2 Hyundai 19" Monitors
waynezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:41   #10735  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carland View Post
The problem breaks keeping, so I decided to test dvfab and 7 per film breaks no longer exist.
I would like to help solve it. Because i like rebuilder.
The films I made were the avatar and the A team with the rebuilder i have breaks and with dvfab i have not.
my player is lgbd390 bd-r and sony.
thanks
You know, I'd love to help you. But where is your LOG? Where is your INF file? Where is your settings (INI file)? With just a "I have an issue" report and no supporting details I have to resort to throwing down chicken bones and trying to read their pattern to find the error. You'll note that I've done the discs you reported with no issues, and so have a whole lot of other people. So if I try them without any changes in settings or specifics related to the way you did the encode -- they'll just work perfectly again.

You'll find by going back through this thread that the problems that get fixed are the ones that include the information needed to fix them.

Also -- frankly I don't care what DVDFab does. If you want to use DVDFab, then more power to you. I'm not in competition with them or anybody else -- I aim at a different audience who is looking for higher-quality backups from a freeware package. DVDFab has nothing to do with this thread or BD Rebuilder and doesn't help in the slightest in bug reporting or beta testing this program.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd January 2011 at 23:04.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:50   #10736  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynezo View Post
This fix didn't work for me. If I disable the LPCM track I don't get the error. I have the uncompressed setting in ffdshow set to all supported.

I have K-lite codecs on my PC. Do they need to be tweaked also? I'm rebuilding concert Blu-Rays to BD-25. I need the m2ts files to have ac3 so they will play on WMC7.

I have been disabling LPCM as a workaround.

Is there anything else I should try?
Is LPCM relevant to the ac3 encoding?

I love BDRB, just haven't been able to get it to encode the LPCM track.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Not tweaked... removed -- at least if you want to have any luck with BD-RB. FFDSHOW has every CODEC anyone needs, codec packs are superfluous and just cause problems.

I've found an issue with 7.1 LPCM sources when trying to reencode them. I assume this is the problem you're having. I'm surprised it hasn't been reported more -- I guess it just underscores just how rare 7.1 LPCM sources really are (or how few are kept/reencoded, at least). I've fixed it for the next release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd January 2011 at 23:03.
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:03   #10737  |  Link
carland

Quote:
You know, I'd love to help you. But where is your LOG? Where is your INF file? Where is your settings (INI file)? With just a "I have an issue" report and no supporting details I have to resort to throwing down chicken bones and trying to read their pattern to find the error. You'll note that I've done the discs you reported with no issues, and so have a whole lot of other people. So if I try them without any changes in settings or specifics related to the way you did the encode -- they'll just work perfectly again.

You'll find by going back through this thread that the problems that get fixed are the ones that include information.

Also -- frankly I don't care what DVDFab does. If you want to use DVDFab, then more power to you. But it has nothing to do with this thread or BD Rebuilder and doesn't help in the slightest in bug reporting or beta testing this program.
Hello again, thanks for reply,
This is my ini

Options]
VERSION=0.36.0.9
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=1
TARGET_SIZE=23500
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;por;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=por;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=0
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=1
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
USE_LAVF=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
STATUS_LOG=1
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=C:\PROGRAMAS INSTALADOS\WORKING REBUILDER\
SOURCE_PATH=E:\107- THE A TEAM\THE.A-TEAM.EXTENDED.CUT.2IN1.2010.BLURAY.1080P.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1\

I refer the dvfab because with rebuilder i have pauses and need to know if the problem is the player or media or rebuilder.

I want to help
carland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:03   #10738  |  Link
gregbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVaN_000 View Post
If you're on Windows 7 you can watch hard disk usage with Resource Monitor. Just press Start button and type "Resource monitor".
Yes I think it's the hard drive the problem:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:06   #10739  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carland View Post
Hello again, thanks for reply,
This is my ini

I refer the dvfab because with rebuilder i have pauses and need to know if the problem is the player or media or rebuilder.

I want to help
Do you still have the LOG or INF file? The settings tells be about how BD Rebuilder is configured, but nothing about the actual encode/rebuild itself.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd January 2011 at 23:09.
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:10   #10740  |  Link
Capsbackup

@carland;
What did you use to rip the original Blu-ray?
BD-RB was not designed to use with anything other than properly ripped original source Blu-rays, or at least for this this bug report thread.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote