Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Translations

Old 12th August 2004, 16:56   #1  |  Link
billou2k

french translation team alright?

Hi,
I don't know if that's the right place but I've had problems contacting the french translation team.
my emails never arrive to them (I receive an error email telling me that the email address doesnt exist any more)
And as the news have not been updated since early july, I've translated the august news (1 to 10th) and I've started translating the july ones too.
I've sent them the files but as there is an an error I think they havent received them... and I have no other ideas about how to contact them.
Is someone from the french team around can help?
Old 12th August 2004, 21:52   #2  |  Link
billou2k

well they are probably on holidays but as I'm checking Doom9 everyday I could at least still translate the news during that time.
But I hope you ll have more luck than me with their email address...
Old 13th August 2004, 20:24   #3  |  Link
DonHora

No, I'm not dead :-)

Hi,

I've been quite busy these days so I didn't work on Doom9's French mirror.
We had hosting problems, but now we have a brand new hosting. It's almost ready (I have to install the forum software and patch it with epere4's version of slash news mod).
I need to update the guides (at least the links).
But the thing I really need is help with the news. I'm happy to see that someone translated the news without having to cry for help in the main news. It's a good to see some volunteers. With the new forum we'll be able to update the news page via the forum.

Our email redirection contact-fr@doom9.org doesn't work anymore, neither the .net one. You can contact me at this address: donhora <at> myrealbox <dot> com, or via forum's private messaging.

Regards,
DonHora
Old 14th August 2004, 00:32   #4  |  Link
billou2k

Ok Donhora! Great to hear from you! I'll use the private messaging to tell you what I translated.
Old 14th August 2004, 10:57   #5  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

it's great to see you're still alive. I'll split off this part of the thread now as it does not really belong into the sticky.
Old 26th August 2004, 23:48   #6  |  Link
billou2000

Donhora: I dont know if you have problems with your email or if you are busy, probably the latter;-), anyway I've been sending you translations for the doom9 news everyday (or nearly ) for nearly two weeks but I think it has been updated only on the 18th of august. It's not a critic in anyway as I am fully aware that updating a website everyday is a difficult task to assure for anybody.
I'm just thinking that if the news are not updated every 1 or 2 days, people won't probably be interested in coming again and checking the news (as they are not news anymore;-) )
So until the french forum (with the news update option) is up would it be possible for me to have access to the site so I could update the news once I translate them?
billou2000 is offline   Reply With Quote