Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th September 2012, 21:18   #14121  |  Link
mark0077

Both files uploaded now to here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o8w3yu

Thanks
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 21:28   #14122  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Should be fixed in this test build:

http://madshi.net/madVR83mark.rar
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 21:31   #14123  |  Link
mark0077

Perfect, no crashing anymore! Still gives me the Direct3D device error and sometimes pauses playback but I think this is expected when going from FSE to overlay without pausing right?
Old 24th September 2012, 21:32   #14124  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

No, it's not really expected. Can you create a debug log with the device error in it with the official v0.83.3? For that please wait long enough before switching to overlay, so that the crash doesn't occur. Thanks!
Old 24th September 2012, 21:34   #14125  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Thanks for those videos - quite helpful! I think it might have to do with Aero. You have it enabled, correct? I've been testing with it disabled. Will try to enable it here...
I do have it enabled.

Quick play on HD4000, overlay to exclusive working fine. Those cosmetic issues with redrawing when resizing and fullscreening showing a normal blank window for a moment before entering fullscreen are still present with the with the Mark build.
Will play with both when get home on the other PC.

Last edited by ryrynz; 24th September 2012 at 22:48.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 21:49   #14126  |  Link
mark0077

OK np, I'm back to official 0.83.3

1) With mpc-hc closed
If I open a file either directly in overlay, or first in FSE and then switch to overlay (no matter how long I wait), I always get a crash actually.

2) With mpc-hc opened already in a window.
If I then open a file in overlay (or then go FSE <-> overlay) I get no crash at all, and no Direct3D message.

Is something different happening when madVR starts up along with mpc-hc. I can't actually get the Direct3D error without a crash with the official version.... Is a debug log of the Direct3D error, with the other version you sent me which doesn't have the crash useful?

EDIT: Damn, scrap that I just got a crash in my scenario 2 above. mpc-hc already opened, and I started a file (again with the official version). In summary, I can't reproduce the Direct3D error without a crash with the official version.

Last edited by mark0077; 25th September 2012 at 00:20.
Old 24th September 2012, 21:54   #14127  |  Link
Budtz

Quote:
Thought this was stable for you now?

thx it is stable now. its just that in the last year or maybe more it has gone back and forth with new versions of madvr.

but that might just be my setup ofcoruse. or bugs elsewhere.
Budtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 23:01   #14128  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
madVR v0.83.3 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* maybe fixed: shutdown freezes in certain situations with MPC-HC
* fixed: shutdown crash
* fixed: glitch in the debug OSD
* improved "look" when moving Overlay window with Aero on
Madshi,

I had to disable overlay to make MPC work with this version.
After starting the player, I get a crash-report every time when I open a movie/video file.
Restarting the PC, didn't help.

If I disable overlay, I no longer see these crash-reports.

As I didn't have problems with other 0.83.x builds, something is very wrong with this version !!

Crash-reports have been send to your e-mail.

Last edited by Pat357; 24th September 2012 at 23:46.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 00:03   #14129  |  Link
gvanbrunt

Quote:
(prices from froogle)

640: 88$, slow, much too expensive for the speed, not recommended
450: 66$, reasonably good performance, best bang for the buck
550: 101$, faster than 450, but also more expensive
650: 110$, slightly faster than 550, very power efficient

Looking at those prices, if you want to save money, I'd get the 450. If you want more speed, the 550 and 650 both look priced ok. If power consumption is important to you, I'd get the 650.

1GB should be enough, unless you want to upscale to 4K, then maybe 2GB would be worth it. But I guess 4K is too far away for now, so I think 1GB should be good enough.

Another thing to keep in mind with video cards is fan noise. That is a big consideration for an HTPC. I had a hard time finding one that was fanless and had enough power. The GT 430 fit the bill. I can play 1080p content on it without issue in my setup. I'm using LAV filter with CUDA acceleration turned on. It does 3D and HD-Audio as well.

However, keep in mind that it is operating at a fairly high gpu level so it may not work for all setups. This is also an outdated card so I'm not sure what newer ones are compatible to it. Just thought I would share what worked for me.

Last edited by gvanbrunt; 25th September 2012 at 00:07.
gvanbrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 00:06   #14130  |  Link
blackjack12

>ver 0.82.5 Problems Windows 8 and AMD Radeon 12.8 newer drivers

Seeing large problems with Windows 8 installs with madVR 83.3 to the point that had to remove and go back to 82.5 and antiringing update 6 and all is well. Sorry no more details right now as don't have time to troubleshoot. ... Radeon 6570 and NVidia 560Ti systems

0.83.3 works great with Windows 7 and Radeon 4890 with ver 12.8 "legacy" driver. Better than it ever has and now handles de-interlacing through madVR correctly.

With Windows 7/Radeon 6570 and latest 12.8 driver now seeing large dropped frames and poor performance with interlaced content and particularly bad with VC-1i material. Had to revert to EVR-CP. Did not get chance to go back to 82.5, but all was working fine before.

Also issues with LAV latest builds causing MPC-HC crash issues and VC-1i issues that will be noted on LAV forum.

Apologize for lack of details but don't have time to test well right now ... but something very wrong and especially with Windows 8 where things were like a rock previously.

madVR 0.83.3
MPC-HC 1.6.4.6001
LAV 0.51.3-52-gdb52a17
Latest Radeon and NVidia released drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8

UPDATE NOTE:
Going back to madVR ver 0.82.5 with antiringing updates 6 allows Windows 7 system to operate as it did previously as well as NVidia 560Ti Windows 8 system. ...
Windows 10 Pro (all latest updates)

Last edited by blackjack12; 25th September 2012 at 01:55.
blackjack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 02:24   #14131  |  Link
pie1394

Quote:
Haha, I guess I can't please everybody. Many people asked for a bigger seekbar. And the small bar had no place for a timer. Anyway, many things in madVR are currently not in their final form or state. I don't want to add customization options for something that's not in its final form yet, so that will have to wait...

A popup would be difficult to implement. Possible yes, but no time for that at the moment.
I personally like this style. But I am not good in color and shape design with alpha-blending. It needs someone else to provide Madshi a better look one.
Attached Images

pie1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 02:34   #14132  |  Link
ryrynz

Pie please upload to imageshack, mediafire, imgur, anything but Doom9, hell will freeze over before that gets approved, thanks. I was going to submit a pic as well, we'll see how yours looks.

*Edit* Well what do ya know... It's beautiful Pie

Madshi, might I suggest ditching the vertical bar and rely on the color to signify the position along the bar?
I know you were wanting to avoid redesigning at this point but a minor tweak here and there should improve MadVR's presentation a little

Also guy's.. could you comment on the filename addition I suggested? Thanks.

Last edited by ryrynz; 25th September 2012 at 03:39.
Old 25th September 2012, 03:35   #14133  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, might I suggest ditching the vertical bar and rely on the color to signify the position along the bar? I know you were wanting to avoid redesigning at this point but a minor tweak here and there should improve MadVR's presentation a little
Completely agree!

@madshi

Can you also slip in the wallpaper interval "disable" checkbox as well? Thanks for all of your hard work on madVR!
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 05:00   #14134  |  Link
SamKook

Quote:
Ok, I see. I don't think there's much I can do to speed things up. Maybe you could try increasing the 10ms delays to something higher? Not sure what else to suggest...
Yeah, I can always fix it by increasing the delay between each commands so if you say you did all you could to speed it up, that's all I can ask and it's quite all right with me.

There's also quite a bit of delay until the popup show up when right-clicking in FSE mode with the overlay enabled. I don't know if that should have been sped up too with the changes you made or if it's something completely different and/or unavoidable.

One other unrelated thing I noticed, when the overlay is enabled and I go out of FSE mode for the first time(MPC-HC is set to launch in FS) either by using ctrl+enter or by double-clicking while the video is playing, the video pauses and there's an error message on the top left that appears for a fraction of a second and says: MadVR reports: - resetting Direct3D device failed (8876086c)

After the first time, I can switch to and from FSE without any errors.

This is using v83.3(I'm pretty sure 83.2 was doing it too) and it doesn't happen with the overlay off. I have an Nvidia 560ti, using LAV for both audio and video, haali as the splitter(only tested it with a mkv) and reclock but just for wasapi. It's set to not detect the video stream so it doesn't touch the framerate.

Last edited by SamKook; 25th September 2012 at 05:25.
SamKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 06:02   #14135  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

i got a crash. here's a log.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/crash%20log.txt
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 07:25   #14136  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Quick play on HD4000, overlay to exclusive working fine. Those cosmetic issues with redrawing when resizing and fullscreening showing a normal blank window for a moment before entering fullscreen are still present with the with the Mark build.
I've improved the cosmetics when moving the window around. Have found no way to improve the other cosmetical problems, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
I can't actually get the Direct3D error without a crash with the official version....
Ok, sorry, please try with v0.83.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
After starting the player, I get a crash-report every time when I open a movie/video file.
Should be fixed with v0.83.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12 View Post
Seeing large problems with Windows 8 installs with madVR 83.3 to the point that had to remove and go back to 82.5 and antiringing update 6 and all is well. Sorry no more details right now
Without details there's nothing I can do or say. "Large problems" is about as unspecific as can be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie1394 View Post
I personally like this style. But I am not good in color and shape design with alpha-blending. It needs someone else to provide Madshi a better look one.
Haha, how about making it pink and neon green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKook View Post
One other unrelated thing I noticed, when the overlay is enabled and I go out of FSE mode for the first time(MPC-HC is set to launch in FS) either by using ctrl+enter or by double-clicking while the video is playing, the video pauses and there's an error message on the top left that appears for a fraction of a second and says: MadVR reports: - resetting Direct3D device failed (8876086c)
Can I have a debug log with v0.83.4, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangix View Post
i got a crash. here's a log.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/crash%20log.txt
Thanks, should be fixed in v0.83.4.
Old 25th September 2012, 07:26   #14137  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR v0.83.4 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: crash when using Overlay mode
Old 25th September 2012, 07:45   #14138  |  Link
ryrynz

Mock up of FSE mode seekbar with filename displayed on the left. Some comments on this please.

No major issues with 0.83.4 here on both my machines except for the cosmetic stuff, the black screen issue I had has gone.

If I pause playback and move the window around the screen the image doesn't refresh inside the window until I press play, thus the video image is outside the window
and remains so until I move it back to it's original location.

Last edited by ryrynz; 25th September 2012 at 08:21.
Old 25th September 2012, 08:18   #14139  |  Link
naoan

Hey madshi, just to be clear, if we have ATi card is the overlay mode automaticallly disabled even though the option is ticked?
naoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2012, 08:53   #14140  |  Link
detmek

I get an error "Resetting Direct3D failled (8876086c)" and video pauses with 0.83.4 build if I:
1. Check Overlay and FSE in settings
2. Open video
3. Go into full screen
4. Reopen video (Ctrl+E)
5. Go back to windowed overlay mode.
madVR - log
madVR - log1
I tried MPC-BE and PotPlayer.

Last edited by detmek; 25th September 2012 at 08:56.
detmek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling