Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 23rd July 2010, 17:57   #1  |  Link
ybarra

Trim DVD & AVCHD footage w/ subtitles

Maybe someone knows of a simple solution for this one. My old workflow looked like this:

shoot DV -> Capture/Trim in Scenalyzer -> Use freeware tool to extract time/date to subtitle file -> Use custom VB program to format properly for Encore -> Burn w/ subtitles to DVD using Encore -> Final product is a DVD w/ the time/date as a subtitle track.

My new workflow is that I shoot everything in AVCHD and the time/date is automatically embeded as a subtitle track by my camcorder.

My question is this: How can I go back and trim DVD vob's as well as AVCHD .m2ts streams while retaining the time/date subtitle tracks (that would be properly trimmed in the right places as well). My ultimate goal is to output all the home movies to Blu-Ray (including the old DVD mpg + subtitle) with as little reencoding as possible. Are there any "pro" programs out there that can import in all the tracks, allow trimming, and then burn to Blu-Ray?
ybarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 09:48   #2  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

tsMuxeR will load your m2ts files (which have subtitle tracks) and allows you to trim/cut at specified time/size.