Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old Today, 14:21   #261  |  Link
Nastenka

Hello, I had a couple questions regarding the 3DLUTs created by DisplayCal.

- According to and following the various and official tutorials on how to create a madVR 3DLUT, during the workflow to create a madVR 3DLUT near the end madTPG should pop up and carry out further measurements. However, for me the 3DLUT is created after DisplayCal is done measuring, and while madTPG is launched, nothing is shown there or measured. Is this normal?

- I have profiled and created 3DLUTs for two monitors, however, when DisplayCal saves those 3DLUTs in its default location, it's called BT.709 for every monitor. This will lead to the files overwriting each other when profiling one after the other. I've furthermore noticed that the file sizes for different monitors are exactly the same, 96 MiB. I had the same question as above, have I set something wrong in the calibration options? I meticuously followed the official tutorial.

Thanks so much.
Nastenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:26   #262  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
- According to and following the various and official tutorials on how to create a madVR 3DLUT, during the workflow to create a madVR 3DLUT near the end madTPG should pop up and carry out further measurements. However, for me the 3DLUT is created after DisplayCal is done measuring, and while madTPG is launched, nothing is shown there or measured. Is this normal?
this can be normal. you can verify it manually.

Quote:
- I have profiled and created 3DLUTs for two monitors, however, when DisplayCal saves those 3DLUTs in its default location, it's called BT.709 for every monitor. This will lead to the files overwriting each other when profiling one after the other. I've furthermore noticed that the file sizes for different monitors are exactly the same, 96 MiB. I had the same question as above, have I set something wrong in the calibration options? I meticuously followed the official tutorial.
the same file size is normal and the overwritng too is a result from making displaycal easier to use. i totally gave up on the "easy" way and do it manual now.

you can create a new 3d with a custom name and your old readings using a tool called 3dLUT maker it's part of displaycal GUI.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:50   #263  |  Link
Nastenka

Thank you for your response. It looks like everything might be alright after all. I tried the 3DLUT Maker, but wasn't sure if it would do the same as unchecking "Create 3DLUT after profiling".
Nastenka is offline   Reply With Quote