Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 11th October 2017, 17:02   #321  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Great! And you're welcome.

I expect there to be bugs in the new mode. Writing a CLI parser isn't that hard, but changing an existing one to something else so that both modes work leads to quite a lot of corner cases. Bug reports are more than welcome!

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my FTP server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 09:47   #322  |  Link
RyFeR26

Add & Extract buttons

Hi,

It seems the "Add" and "Extract" buttons in the lower right corner both do the same (extract selected tracks). Shouldn't the "Add" button open the file dialog to add files?

At this moment it's only possible to add files while right-clicking the "Input files" area and select 'Add input file(s)".

Am i missing something or should this behavior be corrected?

I'm using the latest version (2.1.0).
RyFeR26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 12:44   #323  |  Link
djcj

Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
djcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 15:57   #324  |  Link
gpower2
Yet another Doom9 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyFeR26 View Post
Hi,

It seems the "Add" and "Extract" buttons in the lower right corner both do the same (extract selected tracks). Shouldn't the "Add" button open the file dialog to add files?

At this moment it's only possible to add files while right-clicking the "Input files" area and select 'Add input file(s)".
The button you are referring to is for adding Jobs, not files. gMKVExtractGUI features a job manager, where you can add extracting Jobs and run them at a later time. You can see the job manager form at any time by clicking on the "Jobs..." button.
Since dragging and dropping now supports folders and sub folders, I think that adding files manually is not so intuitive, though I left the option from the context menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcj View Post
Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
That is definitely something I could check. However you can still change the MKVToolNix path by either browsing to the path, or dragging and dropping it on the field.
Old 8th January 2018, 16:08   #325  |  Link
gpower2
Yet another Doom9 member

Happy new year everyone!

It's time for a new version (v2.2.0)!
With this version, HighDPI environments are fully supported thanks to the feedback and vigorous testing from Six!

Download link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmk....0.7z/download

Changelog:
  • Change the output directory behavior
  • Add custom DPI scaling code and enable it on all forms
  • Add new manifest Property "dpiAwareness" for newest Windows Versions (Windows 10 v1607+)
  • Added new Audio Codec_ID A_EAC3 and A_MLP
  • Added some missing video and subtitle codec_id
  • Remove unnecessary separator in context menu
  • Increase the width of the percentage labels in Main form
  • Decrease the height of the buttons in Log Form

As always, enjoy people!
Old 13th January 2018, 00:10   #326  |  Link
hello_hello

Thanks for the new version. Still working fine on XP!

A request regarding the new output directory behaviour.....

Could gMKVExtractGUI always remember a specified (default) output directory independently of the "use source" option?
Or to put it another way, could the "use source" checkbox simply toggle between a specified directory and the source directory? Currently it can work that way, as long as you check "use source" after adding input files and uncheck it again before removing input files, or before closing the GUI, and as long as you don't click on any input files while "use source" is checked. If you follow those rules, you can check "use source" and gMKVExtractGUI will extract to the source directory, then when you uncheck "use source" it goes back to using the "default" directory (the one you previously specified).

Anyway... I think it'd be more fun if gMKVExtractGUI always remembered a specified (default) directory and the "use source" checkbox simply toggled between that directory and the source directory (without causing gMKVExtractGUI to forget the specified directory).

Thanks again.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 17:54   #327  |  Link
Telion

^ Second this.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmkvextractgui, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui