Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 28th October 2015, 18:31   #7961  |  Link
Zathor

Then switch to e.g. QAAC. NeroAACEnc is not in active delopment anymore so there is likely no chance to have this fixed.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 20:29   #7962  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You don't need to install QuickTime or even iTunes into your system if you use the makeportable.bat from the qaac "cabinet" to extract the required DLLs from their installer (preferably iTunes6464setup.exe).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 23:16   #7963  |  Link
Bryce2

Hi! ...to everyone here (reading, questioning or answering)
At first I want to be forgiven for my terrible English... (its not my mother language)
Also I want to be forgiven because I'm gonna raise a question that has already been answered (but not for me) and has to do with pale colors and (or) washed-out blacks or colors.
Before anyone starts to say or write down "oh! what does he say? ..it's already perfectly answered on another thread" or feels the need to say or write down (but can't) "f..ck you! not again.." My question is.. how could 2 perfectly identical encodes (with exactly same settings) but different encoding tools (MeGUI & TX264)
(program --level 4.1 --preset veryslow --pass 2 --bitrate 1000* (8GB file size) --stats ".stats" --deblock -3:-3 --keyint 240 --bframes 6 --ref 4 --vbv-bufsize 32500 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --aq-strength 0.8 --merange 64 --me esa --psy-rd 1.0:0.20 --no-fast-pskip --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --output "output" "input")
and played back with same media player (MPC-Home Cinema) with same render-er, gives 2 different results when viewing. TX264's encode is at first completely identical to the source in the color encode part (something that's not happened for MeGUI) & even more weird is that TX264 re-produces perfectly the grainy parts for the same film, but MeGUI not. For me it makes no sense to have different results (despite the same settings) in 2 critical parts for a final quality result.. and I'm not a noob with encoding's and settings.
Someone could say "why don't you stick with TX264 if it suite's you better? The reason is that I prefer MeGUI as it is by far a more complete tool and another reason is that with TX264.. you give-it a file size of exactly 8GB and it produces a file size of 8.11GB or 8.48GB or 8.26GB or something near.. but never the exact 8GB file that I need. Why do I need a exact 8GB file size and not something so close or near to that? I could say that I have a obsession with the perfect. (I hope you don't think that I'm crazy!)
..A big pre-thanks for any answer or suggestion and or any help. (Except the advice that the best solution for me is to visit a doctor).

Last edited by Bryce2; 1st November 2015 at 23:22.
Bryce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 23:58   #7964  |  Link
leon

Hi

why recently MeGUI backs up everything in the same folder as the packege that's being updated ?

sometimes it causes problems.

like when I updated "eac3to" MeGUI backed up everything in the folder including NeroAAC encoder and after updating, MeGUI forced a NeroAACEnc reinstallation :|
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:07   #7965  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Confirming "forced reinstall" checked for NeroAacEnc 1.5.4.0 being installed, during a normal update cycle.

New German Gleitz board
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:15   #7966  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce2 View Post
... how could 2 perfectly identical encodes (with exactly same settings) but different encoding tools (MeGUI & TX264) [...] and played back with same media player (MPC-Home Cinema) with same render-er, gives 2 different results when viewing.
Please post the full MeGUI log file.
Are you sure that both encodes are the same? You have not mentioned the avisynth script. Both script file used in both encodes? Also both times the same x264 executable and avisynth version?
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:59   #7967  |  Link
Bryce2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please post the full MeGUI log file.
Are you sure that both encodes are the same? You have not mentioned the avisynth script. Both script file used in both encodes? Also both times the same x264 executable and avisynth version?
Hi! Zathor...
1. If you mean the job log file.. I will attach a MeGUI .log file of a random encode (the problem with the pale colors & washed-out blacks is with each & every encode.. and not just for a specific one).

2. Avisynth* "TX264" does not use "Avisynth" (is not in tools folder of the app - perhaps it uses the main systems Avisynth installation without a mention? - not possible). Anyway... the MeGUI avs. script does not include any extra filters or anything else - just a simple video load & undot filter).

3. As for now both tools don't use the same x264 executable because TX264 has not an update since "October 08, 2014".. but a long time ago (a year or so) they used the same.
Then also MeGUI's problem with pale colors was the same.

As I mentioned before, for the x264 part, the settings for the 2 programs are the same (for now and then) with the only difference that I have raised for both, the "M.E Algorithm" since a year ago. (I have an 8core AMD now & then I had a 4core AMD Black Edition)

a) I have attached a profile and a .log file for TX264 from my last encode.
b) A .log file from my last encode and a standard avisynth script for MeGUI that I always use.
Attached Files
File Type: rar MeGUI logfile-15-10-29_01-00-27.rar (4.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: rar Oz the Great and Powerful.rar (962 Bytes, 48 views)
File Type: rar TX264 Film.rar (1.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: rar TX264_log.rar (6.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Bryce2; 3rd November 2015 at 19:28. Reason: uncomplete post
Old 7th November 2015, 08:25   #7968  |  Link
kuchikirukia

How did you manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version of MeGUI?

Try FFMS2 or L-SMASH instead of DirectShowSource.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 18:04   #7969  |  Link
Bryce2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchikirukia View Post
How did you manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version of MeGUI?

Try FFMS2 or L-SMASH instead of DirectShowSource.
Hi! kuchikirukia and sorry for my late response but I was far away from home...
I'll try FFMS2 & or L-SMASH as you suggest.. but what do you mean with "how did I manage to get so much out of date stuff with a developer version". Does your question have to do with me using DirectShowSource instead of using "File Indexer"? If not.. can you light me up?
Old 27th November 2015, 09:57   #7970  |  Link
unknownsoldierX

I just switched to the developer update server, and something has changed how AVIs are muxed. Before I updated, doing mp4 or mkv h264 to xvid, using 2 pass xvid, would have 4 jobs: lame, xvid, xvid, avimuxgui.

Now, without changing any settings, it wants to do MKV to AVI in 5 jobs: lame, xvid, xvid, ffmpeg mux M4V to AVI, avimuxgui AVI to AVI. I don't get why M4V is involved.

unknownsoldierX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 17:00   #7971  |  Link
Zathor

Yes, that is fine. The ouput of the new XVID version cannot be muxed directly with AVIMuxGUI.
Old 29th November 2015, 12:04   #7972  |  Link
tebasuna51

I see the differences between this new XVID version and the previous one:

New:
Code:
xvid_encraw built at 16:08:51 on Jun 21 2015
 -o      string  : save an Elementary Stream for the complete sequence
 -avi    string  : save an AVI file for the complete sequence
Previous:
Code:
xvid_encraw built at 10:22:53 on Aug 31 2007
 -o string                      : save an Elementary Stream,
                                  or AVI file,
                                  or MKV file,
                                  based on filename extension
 -avi string                    : save an AVI file for the complete sequence
 -mkv string                    : save a MKV file for the complete sequence
There are any problem using the -avi parameter, instead -o, in the command line?

In my test, using -avi, the xvid_encraw output load in AVIMuxGUI or VirtualDub without problems. And the ffmpeg pass seems not necesary.
Old 29th November 2015, 12:10   #7973  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, there are issues with large output, it didn't work well in AVI container, multiplexing a raw M4V was more reliable. AviMux-GUI was unusable either due to a lack of M4V support. Documented months ago, I bet...

Unfortunately, the MKV output patch belongs to a much older version of xvid_encraw, you can't apply it to current sources without adapting a lot of places. I am not good enough with C/C++, my attempts failed...

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 29th November 2015 at 12:12.
Old 29th November 2015, 12:25   #7974  |  Link
Zathor

Correct, if the avi from the new xvid is > 2GB AVImuxGUI fails.
Old 29th November 2015, 14:08   #7975  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I believe the patched older xvid_encraw also included a more elaborate OpenDML AVI writer, not just an AviFile call.

New German Gleitz board
Old 29th November 2015, 17:34   #7976  |  Link
tebasuna51

Thanks.

Yes, I remember now the problem. Bad memory.
Old 3rd December 2015, 12:26   #7977  |  Link
THEAST

Is it me or Drag & Drop into MeGUI does not work in Windows 10? I remember there was such issue in Windows 7 long ago but I believe it was fixed and I never had any problem with Drag & Dropping in Windows 7.

MeGUI x86
THEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 06:15   #7978  |  Link
VideoFanatic

MeGUI apparently uses the C Drive Avisynth and plugins installation directory instead of a directory within the MeGUI folder. Is that correct? I asked the MeGUI staff and they said that was the case so I'm wondering what the "Avisynth_plugin" and "avs" folders are for within the MeGUI tools folder? I deleted those folders and MeGUI still encoded my Avisynth scripts fine. On occasion however when I try to start an encoding it will show a popup window saying something like the avisynth plugins needs to be installed but they're already installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins. Can someone explain this please?

Anyway I downloaded the updates within MeGUI and it was working again.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 08:23   #7979  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAST View Post
Is it me or Drag & Drop into MeGUI does not work in Windows 10? I remember there was such issue in Windows 7 long ago but I believe it was fixed and I never had any problem with Drag & Dropping in Windows 7.
Works for me in W10 Pro x64 (tested with the main screen and a single file)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
MeGUI apparently uses the C Drive Avisynth and plugins installation directory instead of a directory within the MeGUI folder. Is that correct? I asked the MeGUI staff and they said that was the case so I'm wondering what the "Avisynth_plugin" and "avs" folders are for within the MeGUI tools folder? I deleted those folders and MeGUI still encoded my Avisynth scripts fine. On occasion however when I try to start an encoding it will show a popup window saying something like the avisynth plugins needs to be installed but they're already installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins. Can someone explain this please?
MeGUI will not use AviSynth plugins outside of the MeGUI folders - of course auto load does work, but LoadPlugin calls will not be used. Therefore the avisynth_plugin folder is required. avs folder is required so that you can switch to the internal avisynth.
Old 4th December 2015, 10:58   #7980  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
MeGUI apparently uses the C Drive Avisynth and plugins installation directory instead of a directory within the MeGUI folder. Is that correct?
There's an entry in the registry pointing to that folder. Any plugins inside will auto-load when Avisynth runs (aside from C-Plugins) regardless of whether it's the "installed" Avisynth or MeGUI's portable Avisynth because they both check the registry. If you deleted that folder you might want to create it again, or install Avisynth again.

MeGUI has it's own Avisynth plugin folders but the plugins don't auto-load. That's where MeGUI expects them to be when it needs to load one "manually" while creating a script. You shouldn't delete them or the plugins within. If you use some of those plugins regularly it can't hurt to copy them to the "installed" Avisynth plugins folder so they'll auto-load if you create a script yourself. Just make sure you don't end up with a different version of the same plugin in both folders.

Last edited by hello_hello; 4th December 2015 at 11:02.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui