Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Capturing Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th January 2003, 22:52   #1  |  Link
Vertigo50

Recommended Video Capture for Newbie

Ok, I would love a recommendation on a video capture card. Here are my requirements.

1. I want to convert VHS tapes to SVCD and burn them to 2 or 3 cd's each. (I've used DVD2SVCD program and like the VBR option for high quality, and I would like to be able to split movies at certain points for the disc switching.) Maybe I'm dreaming, but we'll see.

2. I want to be able to convert VHS or DVD or some other "analog" source to maybe some other formats like AVI, and be able to edit them somewhat. (I'm a film composer, and need a way to get video in the digital realm for synchronization purposes.)

3. I'm looking to spend under $100. I know this might be low, but that's about what I have to work with.

I've been looking at the AverDVD EZmaker kit, and have heard that pairing it with Ulead Mediastudio gives good results. What does anyone think of this card?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Vertigo50 is offline   Reply With Quote