Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th September 2009, 18:36   #261  |  Link
Visor

Hi Twazerty,

Just a couple of things:

1) In the Settings tab, when I select the root of a drive for either the 'Default Output Folder' or 'Temp' folder, it adds a second backslash. For example, if I choose my G: drive, it shows as 'G:\\'. Thus, when I click the 'Auto Select' button in the Output screen, it will insert 'G:\\<Movie Title>' as the saved file name. My temporary workaround is to select the output folder manually. This bug didn't exist in versions previous to 09.09.09.

2) Certain settings should always be remembered after closing and reopening the app. Examples are:
  • Encoder Speed
  • Force Subtitles Track #1
  • Output Settings (Folder/ISO)

Thanks!
Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 20:39   #262  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Hi Twazerty,

Just a couple of things:

1) In the Settings tab, when I select the root of a drive for either the 'Default Output Folder' or 'Temp' folder, it adds a second backslash. For example, if I choose my G: drive, it shows as 'G:\\'. Thus, when I click the 'Auto Select' button in the Output screen, it will insert 'G:\\<Movie Title>' as the saved file name. My temporary workaround is to select the output folder manually. This bug didn't exist in versions previous to 09.09.09.

2) Certain settings should always be remembered after closing and reopening the app. Examples are:
  • Encoder Speed
  • Force Subtitles Track #1
  • Output Settings (Folder/ISO)

Thanks!
Visor
"[*]Output Settings (Folder/ISO)" is already configurable in the settings. The other 2 will be added to the settings.

I will see if I can fix the bug with the root drive.

Thanx
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 15:33   #263  |  Link
Visor

Hi again Twazerty, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I found one more thing this morning; the Play/Pause button display is backwards. i.e. While encoding, the button should have the Pause symbol displayed to pause the encode (i.e. '||'). While the encode is paused, it should display the Play symbol to resume encoding (i.e. '|>'). This would reflect the functionality of iTunes & iPhone.

Thanks again,
Visor
Old 28th September 2009, 15:43   #264  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Hi again Twazerty, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I found one more thing this morning; the Play/Pause button display is backwards. i.e. While encoding, the button should have the Pause symbol displayed to pause the encode (i.e. '||'). While the encode is paused, it should display the Play symbol to resume encoding (i.e. '|>'). This would reflect the functionality of iTunes & iPhone.

Thanks again,
Visor
Both ways is something to say for.
Current way is similar while playing a dvd in your recorder. So While converting it is in "Play/resume" status and whil je hit the button it jumps to "pause" state and icon. It isn't a normal button but a toggle button. And well the other version is already known I like my way. I find the opposite (your idea) very confusing. Current way is more like a direct indication. And for better understanding I added tooltip information This problem is very annoying both ways are wrong.
Old 28th September 2009, 18:52   #265  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Current way is similar while playing a dvd in your recorder.
Well... not exactly. When I play movies on my DVD player at home, I hit the 'Pause / ||' button on the remote to pause the movie, and then the 'Play / |>' button on the remote to resume.

Also, when watching movies on a PC using WinDVD or PowerDVD, the toggle button is set up the same way as iTunes / iPhones.

I could've sworn that you had it the other way around in versions previous to 09.09.09. The main reason I mentioned it was because I couldn't find the button recently and assumed that you removed it. (In reality, I think you just made it smaller ). The reason why I find your way confusing is because the button is telling me I have the option to "play" when it is already playing. I was looking for the button to pause the encode.

I think that if the big companies like Apple, Corel (WinDVD), Cyberlink (PowerDVD) have set up their toggle buttons this way, it's probably best to follow that standard, as many people are used to it.

My 2 cents,
Visor

Last edited by Visor; 28th September 2009 at 18:55.
Old 28th September 2009, 19:48   #266  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Well... not exactly. When I play movies on my DVD player at home, I hit the 'Pause / ||' button on the remote to pause the movie, and then the 'Play / |>' button on the remote to resume.

Also, when watching movies on a PC using WinDVD or PowerDVD, the toggle button is set up the same way as iTunes / iPhones.

I could've sworn that you had it the other way around in versions previous to 09.09.09. The main reason I mentioned it was because I couldn't find the button recently and assumed that you removed it. (In reality, I think you just made it smaller ). The reason why I find your way confusing is because the button is telling me I have the option to "play" when it is already playing. I was looking for the button to pause the encode.

I think that if the big companies like Apple, Corel (WinDVD), Cyberlink (PowerDVD) have set up their toggle buttons this way, it's probably best to follow that standard, as many people are used to it.

My 2 cents,
Visor
On a VCR when you hit the pause butten a pause icon apears on the tv. (AVCHDCoder also shows a pause icon when paused.) Makes more sence to me.

You are right. In some previous version it was switched. Also the button was seperated from the status. I can switch them, no problem. But consider this:
When you are playing a movie and you ask for information it will tell you it is playing. A play icon makes more sence. Everybody mixed up these things. My idea was: When you pressed the button it stays pressed. And the indication is paused.

But after some thinking the best way is to switch them.

A better way will be to create a pause/resume button and a messagebox. Hit OK to resume. Or very large text in the statusbar.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:22   #267  |  Link
Visor

I understand where you're coming from. The issue lies with trying to combine a button label with a displayed status.

I like your idea of having a message box along with a generic 'pause/resume' button. The message box can display something like "Video Encoding is Running" (in green text) and "Video Encoding is Paused" (in red text).
Old 29th September 2009, 16:07   #268  |  Link
Visor

Hi again Twazerty, (are you tired of me yet? LOL...)

Last night, I checked the setting for "Output Settings (Folder/ISO)", and it was set to folder. Despite this, the program itself still defaults to iso, even after re-saving the settings and restarting the app.

Thanks,
Visor
Old 29th September 2009, 20:19   #269  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Hi again Twazerty, (are you tired of me yet? LOL...)

Last night, I checked the setting for "Output Settings (Folder/ISO)", and it was set to folder. Despite this, the program itself still defaults to iso, even after re-saving the settings and restarting the app.

Thanks,
Visor

Did some testing and the setting itself is saved correctly.But the setting isn't applied to the Output panel. Thanx for finding this bug.
Edit: Also fixed the D:\\ problem

Last edited by twazerty; 29th September 2009 at 20:40.
Old 30th September 2009, 16:55   #270  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Did some testing and the setting itself is saved correctly, but the setting isn't applied to the Output panel.
Yes, sorry, I should've clarified.

Quote:
Thanx for finding this bug. Also fixed the D:\\ problem
You're welcome, and thanks for fixing the \\ problem!

Found another bug (albeit I'm getting nitpicky here): In the Output panel, the bar used to change colour depending on how high the bit rate was (i.e. red for low, yellow for medium, green for high). However, it appears that the bar is always red now.

Thanks,
Visor
Old 30th September 2009, 20:36   #271  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Yes, sorry, I should've clarified.

You're welcome, and thanks for fixing the \\ problem!

Found another bug (albeit I'm getting nitpicky here): In the Output panel, the bar used to change colour depending on how high the bit rate was (i.e. red for low, yellow for medium, green for high). However, it appears that the bar is always red now.

Thanks,
Visor
It is not really a bug. The Theme I use doesn't allow me to change color. It is always Orange. When I choose to use the System Theme I can change the color of a progressbar. But I like the new Theme more To achieve the same effect like a colored bar I added the small icon with a couple of bars. (Graph style)
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:42   #272  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Version v09.10.02 released

Released v09.10.02 today. Not many fixes and new features. Here is the changelog:
v09.10.02
Fixed - Iso/Folder default selection setting doesn't work
Fixed - Wrong encoding settings in Queue panel
Fixed - No Splash screen
Fixed - interlaced encoding doesn't work (got broke in v09.09.09)
Fixed - Setting the path to the root of a harddrive caused a double \
Added - Vorbis/OGG audio support (Experimental)
Added - Check system configuration. Test if H264/VC1/MPEG2 will be converted to H264.
Updated - Win7DSFilterTweaker to v1.8 (Manual Install)

@Visor,
Haven't added all your requests yet.
Old 4th October 2009, 03:41   #273  |  Link
Visor

Looks good so far, thanks Twazerty!
Old 12th October 2009, 19:35   #274  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Panasonic problems

I am getting more and more reports that are related with Panasonic blu-ray players. FF, REW, Next and previous doesn't work. It doesn't work on at least the following 2 players:

Panasonic BD60
Panasonic DMR-BW850

This is the commandline for the encode:

Code:
x264.exe --pass 1 --vbv-bufsize 18000 --vbv-maxrate 18000 --bitrate 8000 --level 4.1 --stats [Statsfile] --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --sar 1:1 --output NUL [input.avs]

x264.exe --pass 2 --vbv-bufsize 18000 --vbv-maxrate 18000 --bitrate 8000 --level 4.1 --stats [Statsfile] --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --me umh --direct auto --psy-rd 1:0.25 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --sar 1:1 --output [output.h264] [input.avs]
Also problems with the other 2 x264 commandlines. But first this one.

Using x264.exe r1271 and tsMuxeR_1.10.6 in avchd mode. (I only use the playlist and clipinfo. The rest of the structure will be replaced with my own structure.)

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?
Old 13th October 2009, 07:27   #275  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Same problems on the Panasonic BD80K
Old 13th October 2009, 12:00   #276  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Where is --aud switch???
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 12:13   #277  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Where is --aud switch???
--aud switch???

You mean the --new-audio-pes option in tsMuxer?

Edit: I see x264 has a --aud switch. Could that be the problem?

Last edited by twazerty; 13th October 2009 at 12:16.
Old 13th October 2009, 12:20   #278  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I had similar problem. Long time ago I accidently removed this switch in older version of ripbot264 and people were starting complaining than FF,RW does not work or works very slow.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 12:26   #279  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I had similar problem. Long time ago I accidently removed this switch in older version of ripbot264 and people were starting complaining than FF,RW does not work or works very slow.
Ok. In the passed I fixed the same problem by lowering "--keyint 240 --min-keyint 24" to "--keyint 24 --min-keyint 2"

I will try this x264 switch and report it back to my users with this problem to see if the problem is fixed.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:03   #280  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

When I add --aud. The video becomes unplayable in Media Player Classic.

Added the --aud just before the --output option. And added it in both passes

What is going wrong?

Tags
avchd, mkv