Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd February 2013, 14:35   #6861  |  Link
Poutnik
Useless idea generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXXuz View Post
That did the trick. Thank you!
I had also some problem wit some AVS scripts with 2 workers. I have created the 2nd so long ago, that I forgot about it
and thought they are hardcoded :-)
Old 4th February 2013, 09:24   #6862  |  Link
x265

Why does psy-rd do? What's its purpose?
x265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 10:11   #6863  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Psycho-visual Rate Distortion tweaks. Quality optimizations based on psycho-visual models of image recognition, trying to suppress hardly recognizable elements of the video to save bitrate.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:52   #6864  |  Link
x265

When i load up a d2v file to create avs script, MeGUI automatically sets input DAR to ( ITU 4:3 NTSC ). Am i supposed to change this to the normal 4:3?
Old 4th February 2013, 14:11   #6865  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Depends on your material. What was your source, an NTSC DVD? Does it show a TV broadcast or a cinematic movie? Can you spot soft borders of 8-10 pixels width at the left and right? Is there any scene where you can see an exact sphere to measure width and height?

The ITU aspect ratio presets are based on TV broadcast values where the interesting part belongs to 702 pixels inside the width of 720 pixels on DVDs. If you don't spot any hints of a TV source, then the generic aspect ratio is possibly "more exact". But only a visible sphere (e.g. the moon) will make it certain.

New German Gleitz board
Old 5th February 2013, 17:19   #6866  |  Link
Octo-puss

Being the illiterate newb I am, I am probably doing something wrong, but... do I need anything specific in order to encode DTS audio into mp3? MeGui says preprocessing for like 40 mins now and nothing happens.

edit: trying to click abort only makes the button grey out. Lame process is running in the background (zero CPU) and I can't even close MeGui (which is not frozen though) - it remains in process list, I have to kill it manually.

Last edited by Octo-puss; 5th February 2013 at 18:24.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 17:51   #6867  |  Link
robertcollier4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Psycho-visual Rate Distortion tweaks. Quality optimizations based on psycho-visual models of image recognition, trying to suppress hardly recognizable elements of the video to save bitrate.
Psy-rd doesn't save bitrate - actually I believe psy-rd usually leads to a very slightly bigger file size. Psy-rd is to make the encoded video "seem better" to humans by applying some tricks through some kind of dithering algorithm and actually ADDING noise in a patterned manner in order to make something "seem" as complex and textured as the original (but not accurately).

I personally don't agree with the algorithm technique and so I turn it off with "--psy-rd 0:0". It seems to me that psy-rd just adds "noise" to make a face seem textured for example - but I would prefer my video to be as accurate to the original as possible and not have added random noise to make things "seem" as textured as the original. If you value as close as possible exact reproduction of the original textures - then I recommend turning it off with "--psy-rd 0:0".

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1455152#post1455152
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbs
Psy-Rd generally makes the picture look sharper by picking a less accurate but better looking representation for a block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR
Well, "less accurate" in the sense of PSNR, but more accurate in the sense of the perception of a human viewer

Last edited by robertcollier4; 5th February 2013 at 17:55.
robertcollier4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 19:05   #6868  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
Being the illiterate newb I am, I am probably doing something wrong, but... do I need anything specific in order to encode DTS audio into mp3? MeGui says preprocessing for like 40 mins now and nothing happens.

edit: trying to click abort only makes the button grey out. Lame process is running in the background (zero CPU) and I can't even close MeGui (which is not frozen though) - it remains in process list, I have to kill it manually.
I nailed it down to mp3 encoding problem. When I select flac it instantly starts. No idea what the problem is.

I have no idea what "preferred decoder" mean btw. Could someone explain?
Old 6th February 2013, 08:54   #6869  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

It supports several different decoder filters for AviSynth; they may have advantages or disadvantages, may support specific source formats better or worse. Choose the one you prefer ... but at least one which works.

NicAudio supports AC3, DTS, MPA and LPCM sources.

BassAudio supports AAC sources.

FFAudioSource supports what FFMS2 has compiled into, but probably only/better as audio streams in multiplexed media files.

DirectShow support depends on the filters you installed into your system.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 6th February 2013 at 08:58.
Old 6th February 2013, 20:24   #6870  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octo-puss View Post
I nailed it down to mp3 encoding problem. When I select flac it instantly starts. No idea what the problem is.
If in both cases the same decoder is used it must be the pre-processing like normalize. Please post the log file so that we can have a look.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 20:41   #6871  |  Link
Octo-puss

Guess it was false alarm. I probably had the wrong decoder selected. After switching to NicAudio it started to work.
Old 7th February 2013, 03:06   #6872  |  Link
kyoshi

I'm using AVS Cutter, and make transition to fade.
Code:
AVIFileSource("E:\Project\360p-AE-Ut.avi")
__film = last
__t0 = __film.trim(119, 495)
__t1 = __film.trim(1029, 1231)
FadeOut0(__t0, 50,AudioRate(__film)) ++ FadeIn0(__t1, 50, AudioRate(__film))
Note: My real cut list is far longer than the above sample.

But result is the fade color becoming green instead of black.
In the script, instead of color, AVS Cutter is replacing color syntax with this clip properties?
Code:
AudioRate(__film)
I read on wiki, the variable was
Code:
FadeOut0(clip clip, int num_frames, int color, float fps)
If i add color=$000000, after num_frames, it gives me "argument color was passed more than once" error.

If i deleted the Audiorate, the fade were indeed become black.
But what is AudioRate actually do ?
Code:
on wiki : AudioRate;Returns the sample rate of the audio of the clip (type int).
I don't understand this.
Is it safe for me to delete the AudioRate, generated by AVSCutter? Or will this mess-up my audio?

If it's safe to delete that, how can i change the default template for AVS cutter, to not including the AudioRate ?
Because i have 100+ video i must cut and fade, i want to avoid manually editing/deleting AudioRate in 100+ script.

Last edited by kyoshi; 7th February 2013 at 03:31. Reason: adding info
kyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 06:36   #6873  |  Link
x265

I got a negative aspect ratio error after cropping and resizing in MeGUI, is that ok?
Old 7th February 2013, 07:03   #6874  |  Link
invy

I have a quick question and would apppreciate anybody's help.

Whenever I encode a normal standard definition 720x480 MPG file, no crop or anything, the AR always seems to be slightly off because the result always seems to come out a bit stretched compared to the source file. How do I fix this? Will selecting a AR manually in AviSynth fix this problem?
invy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 07:26   #6875  |  Link
x265

Old 7th February 2013, 07:42   #6876  |  Link
invy

Thanks for the response, and quick one.

I want to keep it 720x480 so it matches the rest of the videos that i've encoded in the past of this series. Is it possible to do so?
Also, by cropping it, it reduced my 2pass encoding from 159fps/91fps to 104fps/85fps. sigh -_-
Old 7th February 2013, 07:47   #6877  |  Link
x265

You don't need the black borders, crop them off.
Old 7th February 2013, 07:49   #6878  |  Link
invy

Also, if ya don't mind me throwing out another concern for anybody to answer/help.

I'm using OneClick profile and I dragged 3 MPEGs to convert, and after confirming that I wanted to process the 3 files, as well as after cancelling the 2nd box that I didn't want to rename the files, it came up with a 3rd box that says something like, "duplicate subtitle tracks found do you wish to continue?". thing is I don't have any subtitle tracks or anything.

What gives?
Old 7th February 2013, 07:57   #6879  |  Link
invy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x265 View Post
You don't need the black borders, crop them off.
I used to crop them a long time ago, but the end result is the encode always comes out much uglier, since, by cropping it, it allows more 'space' for the resizing.

I hope you know what I mean, but maybe it doesn't make much sense if I can't explain it well.

Also, I never found a good deinterlacer for this particular line of videos so it further crapifies what is already crap.

If you don't mind helping I could upload a clip, or if anyone wants to help then they can help, too
Old 7th February 2013, 08:20   #6880  |  Link
x265

Quote:
I used to crop them a long time ago, but the end result is the encode always comes out much uglier.Also, I never found a good deinterlacer for this particular line of videos so it further crapifies what is already crap.
No, cropping does not worsen you encode. Use QTGMC for deinterlacing. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028

Last edited by x265; 7th February 2013 at 08:23.

Tags
megui