Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 9th December 2008, 22:49   #7301  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

thanks. but its a 7.1 track (BL, BR, C, L, R, SL, SR, LFE), which is the standard order for that then?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 9th December 2008 at 22:51.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:10   #7302  |  Link
b66pak

left.wav right.wav center.wav lfe.wav ls.wav rs.wav aux1.wav aux2.wav....it meens l, r, c, lfe, sl, sr, bl, br
_
Old 10th December 2008, 00:45   #7303  |  Link
bmnot

Is there/will there be a way to remove pulldown from already made remuxes? I just checked a bunch old HD DVD remuxes in tsmuxer and it detects the video as 29.97fps with pulldown. I tried to output as a Blu-ray disc, but it failed to work. It couldn't remove the pulldown or fix the framerate. Using tsmuxer on a recently remuxed HD DVD, it detects the video as 23.976 and outputs perfect Blu-ray disc structure, perfect for burning. So anyway to fix those old HD DVD remuxes? Unfortunately I sold most of them...

Last edited by bmnot; 10th December 2008 at 02:52.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:23   #7304  |  Link
crazydane

FLAC encoder callback errors

I have been ripping with eac3to for some time and I have never really had any major issues, but now all of a sudden when I rip, I get the following error regardless of what title I try to rip:

"One of the FLAC encoder's callbacks returned a fatal error"

I was on version 2.78 and just upgraded to 2.80, but the issue remains. I rebooted the machine as well to no avail.

Other than installing the latest Intel graphics/HDMI driver (I have a G45 based motherboard), I have not changed anything recently in my Vista 32-bit environment.

Here are some examples of the error:

The Untouchables:

The Hunt for Red October:

Eac3to errors out after a few minutes of processing, something like 4 "-"s or so, so it's not instant.

I can rip these titles just fine to hd using AnyDVD HD, and then run eac3to on the files on the hd, but why would I be getting this error all of a sudden when pointing eac3to directly to the BD disc in the drive?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by crazydane; 10th December 2008 at 05:23.
Old 10th December 2008, 01:43   #7305  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by b66pak View Post
left.wav right.wav center.wav lfe.wav ls.wav rs.wav aux1.wav aux2.wav....it meens l, r, c, lfe, sl, sr, bl, br
_
No! Mus be:
l, r, c, lfe, BackL, BackR, SideL, SideR
Code:
sox -M FL.wav FR.wav FC.wav LF.wav BL.wav BR.wav SL.wav SR.wav multichannel.wav

Last edited by tebasuna51; 10th December 2008 at 01:49.
Old 10th December 2008, 02:07   #7306  |  Link
jimz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
As Beastie Boy suggested, try "eac3to HdDvdSourceFolder movie.mkv". Then play the MKV file just as it is (without the audio). Are there still break ups? If so, probably your playback system is borked (as suggested by Jeff Flowerday). If there are no breaks up when playing the video only MKV, mux the audio track to the video MKV by using mkvtoolnix. Does the final result play fine? If not, again probably something is wrong with your DirectShow filter setup. Try different video/audio decoders and maybe also different video/audio renderers...
Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. I was trying to create this file to play on a PopcornHour. The one thing I hadn't tried was playing it on the PCH. As it turns out it plays just fine on the PCH, so as was indicated it must be the setup on my MPC-HC player.

However, some enlightenment would be appreciated about how this all works. When I used EVOdemux to create the H264 stream I got this:
Code:
Complete name              :E:\FEATURE_1_MERGED.H.264.stream.0.mpv
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
File size                        : 22.3 GiB

Video
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 2 frames
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : Component
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
This played fine on MPC but the fps counter showed 23.97.

When I muxed this into an mkv (no audio) I got this:
Code:
Complete name               : E:\ToNMT\Babel.mkv
Format                          : Matroska
File size                        : 22.3 GiB
Duration                         : 2h 23mn
Overall bit rate                 : 22.2 Mbps
Encoded date                     : UTC 2008-12-09 00:33:12
Writing application              : eac3to
Writing library                  : Haali DirectShow Matroska Muxer 1.8.122.18

Video
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 2 frames
Muxing mode                      : Container profile=Unknown@0.0
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 2h 23mn
Bit rate                         : 21.4 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Standard                         : Component
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Here is the eac3to log:
Code:
eac3to v2.80
command line: "E:\eac3to275\eac3to.exe" "D:\Babel\BABEL\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_1.EVO"+"D:\Babel\BABEL\HVDVD_TS\FEATURE_2.EVO" 3: "E:\ToNMT\Babel.mkv"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVO, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 6 subtitle tracks, 2:23:29
"Main Movie"
1: Joined EVO file
2: Chapters, 24 chapters with names
3: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9) with pulldown flags
4: E-AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 1536kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, 1918ms
5: E-AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 1536kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, 1918ms
6: Subtitle, English
7: Subtitle, English, "SDH"
8: Subtitle, French
9: Subtitle, Spanish
10: Subtitle, English, "Forced"
11: Subtitle, French, "Forced"
[v03] Extracting video track number 3...
[v03] Removing h264 pulldown...
[v03] Muxing video to Matroska...
Added fps value to MKV header.
Video track 3 contains 206438 frames.
eac3to processing took 19 minutes, 56 seconds.
Done.
Played back in MPC, I get the regular video break ups using either Haali or the internal splitter. No problems with other H264 Blu Ray rips. I assume something is going on with that 30 fps to 24 fps that is wreaking havoc on my MPC setup?

Last edited by jimz06; 10th December 2008 at 02:41.
Old 10th December 2008, 02:43   #7307  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnot View Post
Is there/will there be a way to remove pulldown from already made remuxes? I just checked a bunch old HD DVD remuxes in tsmuxer and it detects the video as 29.97fps with pulldown. I tried to output as a Blu-ray disc, but it failed to work. It couldn't remove the pulldown or fix the framerate. Using tsmuxer on a recently remuxed HD DVD, it detects the video as 23.976 and outputs perfect Blu-ray disc structure, perfect for burning. So anyway to fix those old HD DVD remuxes? Unfortunately I sold most of them...
Try muxing as an m2ts (if not already in that format) and then demux with eac3to. It should remove the pulldown automatically.
Old 10th December 2008, 02:48   #7308  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
No! Mus be:
l, r, c, lfe, BackL, BackR, SideL, SideR
Code:
sox -M FL.wav FR.wav FC.wav LF.wav BL.wav BR.wav SL.wav SR.wav multichannel.wav
aerf, which now, backs first or sides first? the whole process takes quite long :S
Old 10th December 2008, 10:14   #7309  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnot View Post
Is there/will there be a way to remove pulldown from already made remuxes? I just checked a bunch old HD DVD remuxes in tsmuxer and it detects the video as 29.97fps with pulldown.
You can either try to remux the MKV to m2ts or ts with tsMuxeR (as 73ChargerFan suggested) and then ask eac3to to demux the video or to remux it to MKV. Or if tsMuxeR can't handle the MKV properly, you can demux the video track from the original MKV file by using mkvextract and then you can do "eac3to source.vc1 dest.vc1" to remove the pulldown completely. Please note that mkvextract may need different parameters depending on the video codec. Do a search for mkvextract in this thread to find out which parameters must be used for which video codec. Also for h264 you may need to run the stream through h264info to add AUDs (access unit delimiters) into the h264 stream, or else eac3to won't be able to handle the stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydane View Post
I have been ripping with eac3to for some time and I have never really had any major issues, but now all of a sudden when I rip, I get the following error regardless of what title I try to rip:

"One of the FLAC encoder's callbacks returned a fatal error"

I was on version 2.78 and just upgraded to 2.80, but the issue remains. I rebooted the machine as well to no avail.

Other than installing the latest Intel graphics/HDMI driver (I have a G45 based motherboard), I have not changed anything recently in my Vista 32-bit environment.

Here are some examples of the error:

Eac3to errors out after a few minutes of processing, something like 4 "-"s or so, so it's not instant.

I can rip these titles just fine to hd using AnyDVD HD, and then run eac3to on the files on the hd, but why would I be getting this error all of a sudden when pointing eac3to directly to the BD disc in the drive?
I've no idea why it's going wrong. But the fact that it works well when ripping to harddisk first means that it can't be eac3to's fault. Don't know what else to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimz06 View Post
However, some enlightenment would be appreciated about how this all works. When I used EVOdemux to create the H264 stream I got this:
Code:
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
When I muxed this into an mkv (no audio)

I got this:
Code:
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Played back in MPC, I get the regular video break ups using either Haali or the internal splitter. No problems with other H264 Blu Ray rips. I assume something is going on with that 30 fps to 24 fps that is wreaking havoc on my MPC setup?
EvoDemux does not remove the h264 pulldown, so the video is 1080i60. eac3to removes the h264 pulldown, so the video is 1080p24. Don't know why your playback system has problems with that. It seems to work well for everyone else. If all else fails you can tell eac3to to not remove the pulldown by using the "-keepPulldown" switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
aerf, which now, backs first or sides first? the whole process takes quite long :S
tebasuna51 is usually right. Just as in this case.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:17   #7310  |  Link
yesgrey

Which compressing level is used in the conversion to FLAC, the default? Could this value be specified by the user?

Thanks.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:34   #7311  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
Which compressing level is used in the conversion to FLAC, the default? Could this value be specified by the user?
FLAC encoding is hardcoded to max compression level and I don't plan on changing that because I think the compression speed is good enough. So IMHO there's no need to make things more complicated by adding further options just to save a tiny bit of time.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:35   #7312  |  Link
odin24

Just curious...

As to why when a DTS track is encoded using Surcode it is 1536kb/s, then when the Zero Padding is removed it is reported as 1510kb/s? MediaInfo and tsMuxeR both report as 1536kb/s.

Another question... whenever I convert a THD track to PCM it always starts as ....24bit.pcm until the actual bit depth is revealed later in the conversion where it reports a constant bit depth of 16 bits. I'm assuming the PCM output will actually be 16 bits... correct?

Thanks for the time.

Code:
eac3to v2.78
command line: e3\eac3to  f: 1) 2: c:\videos\tdk\tdk.vc1 4: c:\videos\tdk\tdk.thd+ac3 4: c:\videos\tdk\tdk.pcm 4: c:\videos\tdk\tdk.dts 8: c:\videos\tdk\subs1.sup
M2TS, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 2:32:13
1: Chapters, 40 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz
4: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz
   (embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz)
5: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz
6: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz
7: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), French
10: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
11: Subtitle (PGS), French
12: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[s08] Extracting subtitle track number 8...
[a04] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[a04] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a04] Swapping endian...
[a04] Writing WAVs...
[a04] Remapping channels...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.24bit.pcm"...
[v02] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.vc1"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.thd+ac3"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.L.wav"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.R.wav"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.C.wav"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.SR.wav"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.LFE.wav"...
[a04] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk.SL.wav"...
[s08] Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\subs1.sup"...
[a04] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a04] The zero bytes were successfully removed.
[a04] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...Found Surcode DTS Encoder version 1.0.21.0.
Surcode encoding successfully started. Please wait...
Closing Surcode...
Video track 2 contains 218979 frames.
eac3to processing took 49 minutes, 32 seconds.
Surcode encoding took 27 minutes, 18 seconds.
Done.

eac3to v2.78
command line: e3\eac3to  c:\videos\tdk\tdk.dts c:\videos\tdk\tdk_fixed.dts
DTS, 5.1 channels, 2:32:13, 24 bits, 1510kbps, 48khz
Removing DTS zero padding...
Creating file "c:\videos\tdk\tdk_fixed.dts"...
eac3to processing took 2 minutes, 52 seconds.
Done.
Old 11th December 2008, 00:39   #7313  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
FLAC encoding is hardcoded to max compression level...
If it's set to the max level no need to change... For me the important is not the speed, but the size.
Old 11th December 2008, 05:58   #7314  |  Link
asarian

Got a question.

For streaming, the PS3 sadly supports only DD. 2.0 for VC-1 in a WMV container. So, I go to thinking the following: what if you were to 'matrix-encode' five disccrete channels of audio, ala the Dolby ProLogic II scheme, onto a 640kbps DD 2.0 stream in such a way that a Dolby ProLogic II decoder could split those matrixed channels back to the original five channels, would that work? I mean, to take an existing DD 5.1 stream, and turn it into a 2.0 stream that Dolby ProLogic II could then extract more-or-less the same original channels from. Would be a nice trick to get near DD 5.1 sound (whilst it really is just DD 2.0 surround).

Question, of course, is: can eac3to do it? Can it convert a DD 5.1 track to a Dolby ProLogic II 'splittable' 2.0 track? I mean, the -down convert would have to follow the exact Dolby ProLogic II scheme, as if it were a Dolby ProLogic II encoder, as it were.

It's kinda early here (near 6 AM, and I've yet to turn in, LOL), so I may be missing somehing; but with a 640kbps 2.0 stream, I don't see how you couldn't at least get a half-way decent Dolby ProLogic II 5.1 result from it (and thus be able to bypass the need to reencode VC-1 content when streaming).

Feel free to enlighten me (or desillusion me, whichever the case may be).
Old 11th December 2008, 08:17   #7315  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
As to why when a DTS track is encoded using Surcode it is 1536kb/s, then when the Zero Padding is removed it is reported as 1510kb/s? MediaInfo and tsMuxeR both report as 1536kb/s.
The nominal bitrate is 1536kbps. However, the actual bitrate is lower. eac3to calculates & reports the actual bitrate, while MediaInfo and tsMuxeR report the nominal bitrate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
Another question... whenever I convert a THD track to PCM it always starts as ....24bit.pcm until the actual bit depth is revealed later in the conversion where it reports a constant bit depth of 16 bits. I'm assuming the PCM output will actually be 16 bits... correct?
A TrueHD track can have 16bit data or 24bit data or anything in between. eac3to only knows for sure when the whole track is fully decoded. The PCM output consequently is either 16bit (for TrueHD tracks which only contain 16bit worth of audio data) or 24bit (for TrueHD tracks which have 17-24bit of information). eac3to will tell you the bitdepth of the final PCM file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
For me the important is not the speed, but the size.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
what if you were to 'matrix-encode' five disccrete channels of audio, ala the Dolby ProLogic II scheme, onto a 640kbps DD 2.0 stream in such a way that a Dolby ProLogic II decoder could split those matrixed channels back to the original five channels, would that work?
Yes. But the end result will not be perfect. It should be quite ok, but keeping the channels separated is of course noticeably better. One problem with DPLII is that the LFE channel is more or less lost.

Quote:
Question, of course, is: can eac3to do it? Can it convert a DD 5.1 track to a Dolby ProLogic II 'splittable' 2.0 track?
Yes. "-down2".

Quote:
but with a 640kbps 2.0 stream, I don't see how you couldn't at least get a half-way decent Dolby ProLogic II 5.1 result from it (and thus be able to bypass the need to reencode VC-1 content when streaming).
Half-way decent sounds about right.
Old 11th December 2008, 09:36   #7316  |  Link
komisar

madshi
Can you add to eac3to ability for "custom-comman-line-parameters"?
E.g. for neroaacenc:
Code:
eac3to.exe input.ac3 output.aac -quality=0.23 -lc
Old 11th December 2008, 11:45   #7317  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisar View Post
madshi
Can you add to eac3to ability for "custom-comman-line-parameters"?
E.g. for neroaacenc:
Code:
eac3to.exe input.ac3 output.aac -quality=0.23 -lc
Encoders can have many parameters.
You can always acces to all command line parameters for a encoder using the pipe option:

Code:
eac3to.exe <input> stdout.wav <eac3to_parameters> | <encoder> <full_encoder_parameters> <-> <output>

Example:
eac3to.exe input.ac3 stdout.wav | neroaacenc -ignorelength -q 0.23 -lc -if - -of output.m4a
Old 11th December 2008, 12:32   #7318  |  Link
komisar

tebasuna51, Ok. Thnx.
Old 11th December 2008, 19:19   #7319  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

got a problem with a TrueHD track here:

50mb sample: http://www.sendspace.com/file/y2diub

Code:
eac3to v2.80
command line: eac3to X:\movie 1) 2: G:\movie.mkv 3: G:\movie.flac 3: G:\movie.thd 5: G:\moviecomment1.ac3 6: G:\moviecomment2.ac3 9: G:\movie.sup
M2TS, 1 video track, 4 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 2:04:01
1: Chapters, 29 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
   (embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB), -13ms
4: TrueHD/AC3, Japanese, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 256kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -13ms
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 256kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, -13ms
7: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
8: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
9: Subtitle (PGS), English
10: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
11: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a06] Extracting audio track number 6...
[a05] Extracting audio track number 5...
[s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
[a03] This track is not clean.
[a03] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[v02] Muxing video to Matroska...
[a03] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[a03] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame
[a03] The libav decoder output an unexpected bitdepth (1).
Aborted at file position 49152.
and when I do it with -nero (nero also decodes TrueHD 5.1 completely lossless, right?) then I get:

Code:
G:\eac3to>eac3to X:\movie 1) 2: G:\movie.mkv 3: G:\movie.flac -nero 3: G:\movie.thd 5: G:\moviecomment1.ac3 6: G:\moviecomment2.ac3 9: G:\movie.sup
[a03] Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
[a05] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a06] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a03] DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
[a03] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a03] This audio track contains more than 16 bits of information.
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "G:\movie.thd"...
[a03] Creating file "G:\movie.24bit.flac"...
[a06] Creating file "G:\moviecomment2.ac3"...
[a05] Creating file "G:\moviecomment1.ac3"...
[s09] Creating file "G:\movie.sup"...
[a03] Original audio track, L+R+C+LFE: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a03] Original audio track, BL+BR: constant bit depth of 24 bits.
[a03] Processed audio track, L+R+C+LFE: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a03] Processed audio track, SL+SR: constant bit depth of 24 bits.
[a03] Audio has a gap of 8ms at playtime 0:00:00.
[a03] The audio file was demuxed without making use of the gap/overlap information.
[a03] Please rerun the same eac3to command line. That will correct the gaps/overlaps.
[a03] The audio gaps/overlaps technically can't be removed from the TrueHD bitstream.
[a03] In order to remove them you'll have to transcode the audio to another format.
Video track 2 contains 178415 frames.
eac3to processing took 59 minutes, 53 seconds.
Done.
and after re-running the cmd line:

Code:
eac3to v2.80
command line: eac3to X:\movie 1) 2: G:\movie.mkv 3: G:\movie.flac -nero 3: G:\movie.thd 5: G:\moviecomment1.ac3 6: G:\moviecomment2.ac3 9: G:\movie.sup
Audio gap description file detected, will be used for processing...
Audio gap description file detected, can't be used for TrueHD/MLP, though.
[v02] Muxing to Matroska...
[a03] Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
[a05] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a06] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a03] DirectShow reports 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
[a03] Applying RAW/PCM delay...
[a03] This audio track contains more than 16 bits of information.
[a03] Encoding FLAC with libFlac...
[a03] Creating file "G:\movie.thd"...
[a03] Creating file "G:\movie.24bit.flac"...
[a05] Creating file "G:\moviecomment1.ac3"...
[a06] Creating file "G:\moviecomment2.ac3"...
[s09] Creating file "G:\movie.sup"...
[a03] Original audio track, L+R+C+LFE: constant bit depth of 16 bits.
[a03] Original audio track, BL+BR: constant bit depth of 24 bits.
[a03] Processed audio track, L+R+C+SL+SR: max 24 bits, average 19 bits.
[a03] Processed audio track, LFE: max 23 bits, average 16 bits.
[a03] The audio gaps/overlaps technically can't be removed from the TrueHD bitstream.
[a03] In order to remove them you'll have to transcode the audio to another format.
Video track 2 contains 178415 frames.
eac3to processing took 1 hour, 1 minute.
Done.
so regarding the difference between the original and the processed track with nero at the re-run, is the resulting flac not lossess or whats going on there?
and when gaps are detected, is there a way to find out if the delay needed is positive or negative? then it would be possible to add that delay to the demuxed truehd track at a later point.

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 11th December 2008 at 21:19.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:47   #7320  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Report on Mask BD, Extra stream 00024.m2ts using eac3to v2.78
This is the first time I've encountered this, so I thought I'd post it here.

Code:
eac3to v2.78
command line: eac3to 2) 2: extra.mkv
M2TS, 1 video track, 5 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 0:27:17
1: Chapters, 2 chapters
2: VC-1, 480p24 /1.001 (3:2) with pulldown flags
3: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
8: Subtitle (PGS), English
9: Subtitle (PGS), German
[v02] Removing VC-1 pulldown...
[v02] Video overlaps for 1 frames at playtime 0:00:00.
[v02] Video overlaps for 1 frames at playtime 0:00:00.
[v02] Video overlaps for 1 frames at playtime 0:34:01.
[v02] The MKV file was created without making use of the gap/overlap information.
[v02] Please check whether audio is in sync. If it is in sync everything is fine.
[v02] Otherwise you can ask eac3to to repeat the muxing. It will then automatically
[v02] make use of the detailed gap/overlap information.
Video track 2 contains 49058 frames.
gave 9684 "video overlaps" messages, or 1 every 10 seconds,
and a playtime of 0:34:06, which is precisely 30/24 times the correct playtime 0:27:17.

Running the command second time used the gaps file and the new mkv file has the correct video length.

The playtime of the first mkv file was checked using mpc-hc 918 and MediaInfo 0.7.7.4.

---------------------------------------------

This number of video overlaps in a file necessitates a second run.

fyi

---------------------------------------------
edit:

This didn't work as I thought. The video jitters and jutters every few seconds.

Last edited by 73ChargerFan; 12th December 2008 at 01:41. Reason: changed mind
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to