Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2009, 20:08   #9321  |  Link
hoju3508

That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgeex View Post
Just a quick question. When one does a eac3to -demux movie.mpls, the audio is not touched, right? The .dtsma audio I get is pure and not dependant on any decoders I have (or don't have) installed on my computer, right?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10th September 2009, 20:23   #9322  |  Link
Killroy™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
A nice feature for eac3to would extracting a FLAC stream from an mkv file. Currently, the FLAC stream is decoded then encoded back to FLAC.
Does it do this if you just do a -demux? I have been using that when I know the mkv has a flac already and it did not appear to be re-encoded.
Old 10th September 2009, 22:01   #9323  |  Link
Snowknight26

It does.
Old 11th September 2009, 00:28   #9324  |  Link
tal.aloni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
is there actually a way not to have eac3to apply a delay at all at demuxing
I found one way:
using a delay opposite to the audio delay,

for example:
4: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB, 83ms

if you use -83ms at the command, no delay will be applied to the AC3.
Old 12th September 2009, 20:49   #9325  |  Link
<><

DTS Master Audio Issue?

I seem to be having some trouble w/ DTS Master Audio, which seems to affect 6.1/7.1 chan audio. Using Arcsoft Decorders.

For example, X-Men: The Last Stand has a DTS Master Audio 6.1 ch, which I conver to FLAC, but is not playable w/ madflac thru WMP12 and also gives an error in GraphStudio saying it cannot open the file.

Again, same movie/same audio track still converting to FLAC, this time using the -core flag, same results as above.

Again, same movie/same audio track still converting to FLAC, this time using the -libav flag, this time audio is playable and also is able to be graphed using GraphStudio. (but audio is out of sync when merged w/ movie using mkvmerge)

Rush Hour 3, same issues as above, DTS Master Audio 7.1 ch, converted to FLAC, not playable or graphable.

Death Race, which contains DTS Master Audio 5.1 ch converted to FLAC, no issues, is playable and graphable using GraphStudio (used ArcSoft decoders)

Any ideas?

Last edited by <><; 13th September 2009 at 00:17.
Old 13th September 2009, 04:23   #9326  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <>< View Post
I seem to be having some trouble w/ DTS Master Audio, which seems to affect 6.1/7.1 chan audio. Using Arcsoft Decorders.

For example, X-Men: The Last Stand has a DTS Master Audio 6.1 ch, which I conver to FLAC, but is not playable w/ madflac thru WMP12 and also gives an error in GraphStudio saying it cannot open the file.

Again, same movie/same audio track still converting to FLAC, this time using the -core flag, same results as above.

Again, same movie/same audio track still converting to FLAC, this time using the -libav flag, this time audio is playable and also is able to be graphed using GraphStudio. (but audio is out of sync when merged w/ movie using mkvmerge)

Rush Hour 3, same issues as above, DTS Master Audio 7.1 ch, converted to FLAC, not playable or graphable.

Death Race, which contains DTS Master Audio 5.1 ch converted to FLAC, no issues, is playable and graphable using GraphStudio (used ArcSoft decoders)

Any ideas?
I can playback Xmen3, with 6.1 FLAC with madFLAC and Zoom Player.

I have to ask, why on earth are you trying to do this with WMP???

Please try a player where you have proper controls over the filters that are being loaded!
Old 13th September 2009, 05:03   #9327  |  Link
Snowknight26

You have enough control with WMP to know that madFLAC will be loaded for FLAC streams, so that's most likely not the issue, especially when he mentioned GraphStudio.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:42   #9328  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Yeah, but no control after that..

What audio renderer is being loaded? Can it handle 6.1? Can the soundcard driver?

If ffdshow audio processor is loaded after madflac, then you can experiment with the channels setting in the Mixer controls and see what's happening.

WMP is good for casual use, but not for this.
Old 13th September 2009, 09:24   #9329  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
What audio renderer is being loaded? Can it handle 6.1? Can the soundcard driver?

If ffdshow audio processor is loaded after madflac, then you can experiment with the channels setting in the Mixer controls and see what's happening.
And those have nothing to do with WMP. Even if it does, it should be in it's own thread because its off topic.
Old 14th September 2009, 05:49   #9330  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
- can extract Blu-Ray and HD DVD chapter information and subtitles
What would be the commandline entry for extracting the subtitles from a BluRay/.M2TS disc/file?
Old 14th September 2009, 06:23   #9331  |  Link
Snowknight26

Same as extracting any stream, but you have to use the correct extension (pgs for PGS, srt for SRT, sup for SUP, etc).
Old 14th September 2009, 08:39   #9332  |  Link
setarip_old

This is the example provided in the first post that includes extracting subtitles:
Quote:
eac3to source.evo 1: chapters.txt 2: video.mkv 3: audio.flac 5: subtitle.sup
What is the significance of the "5:"?

What would be the specific commandline entry for extracting the PGS subtitles from a BluRay/.M2TS disc/file? Would it be:

1) eac3to source.m2ts 5: subtitle.pgs

2) eac3to source.m2ts 1: subtitle.pgs

3) eac3to source.m2ts subtitle.pgs

4) Or, if something else, what?
Old 14th September 2009, 10:28   #9333  |  Link
nurbs

4) eac3to source.m2ts 5:subtitle.sup or eac3to "C:\path\source.m2ts" 5:"C:\path\subtitle.sup" for Blu-Ray

The 5: is the tracknumber. eac3to numbers all tracks in an m2ts file starting with the chapters, followed by video tracks, audio tracks and subtitles. You first use eac3to to open a file (eac3to source.m2ts) or select a folder (eac3to "C:\Path"). If you do the former you see a tracklist, if you do the latter you see a title list. In that case you select a title by its number (e.g. eac3to "C:\Path" 2) selects the 2nd title on the disc) to get to the track list.

Last edited by nurbs; 14th September 2009 at 11:04.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:34   #9334  |  Link
setarip_old

@nurbs

Thank you ;>}
Old 14th September 2009, 10:36   #9335  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
...What is the significance of the "5:"?

What would be the specific commandline entry for extracting the PGS subtitles from a BluRay/.M2TS disc/file?
The track number, first you need run (to know the tracks):

eac3to source.m2ts

Please read http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Eac3to/How_to_Use
Old 15th September 2009, 00:20   #9336  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Or if you're not in a hurry, and will leave the computer unattended anyway, use -demux to get everything, and then delete the unwanted files later.
Old 15th September 2009, 08:06   #9337  |  Link
YukonTrooper

Hey, guys. Just wondering if using Nero's decoders for extracting the core DTS and DD audio streams will give me better sound-quality opposed to using eac3to's. I'm not doing any conversions, just extracting those core streams and remuxing them into .m2ts files with the untouched video stream.

Also, I realize I'll need Nero's decoders for 1.0 streams (Dog Day Afternoon), but how I do make eac3to point towards the decoders once I have them? Does eac3to automatically search for those decoders first if they are in the eac3to folder? I'm using Nero 8 Ultra right now, but the eac3to Wiki says that won't work.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:56   #9338  |  Link
TinTime

If you're just demuxing then no decoders will be used. They're only used for conversions.
Old 16th September 2009, 07:05   #9339  |  Link
wolfbane5

I've been using eac3to for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running eac3to on 7?
Old 16th September 2009, 14:49   #9340  |  Link
Jeff Flowerday

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbane5 View Post
I've been using eac3to for a while now on vista and it works great; however, I'll be switching to windows 7 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues running eac3to on 7?
No it works fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to