Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 24th January 2003, 06:16   #81  |  Link
nFury8

Looks like that's what he meant.

@kilg0r3:
Somebody posted a link to a guide using Real's Helix Producer in this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=42889

Maybe you'll find that useful.
nFury8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 09:20   #82  |  Link
kilg0r3
! - User - !

tanks guys. sorry for my crappy syntax.
kilg0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 22:17   #83  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

AutoRV9 is THE tool for DVD-Rip. Give it a try.

When RealOne v3 will come out? And what about post-processing?

Last edited by Sirber; 24th January 2003 at 22:24.
Sirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2003, 23:34   #84  |  Link
wing1

Very nice codec and a nice player to boot. Much better then old time. The only problem is editing: Not as friendly as Vdub.

The resize function can actually be achieved using ffdshow resize function; However, rv9 has built-in flag to activate the resizing property automatically to any size: This is a nice option indeed. I do believe divx 5.02 has that functionality built-in as well in their encoder. Perhaps someday xvid dev team will have that option as well in their encoder.

Most private development GUI's for RV9 currently only support DVD->RM, which does not leave much for this AVI capture enthusiast; Notepad and batch file will have to do for now, until I break down and re-install c++ builder

I am very impress with the encoder quality and the playback capabilities of realone. I have major decoding issues with my old laptop (K6-2 433Mhz) when using divx/xvid. However, Realone plays back the encoded 624x432->aRS->704x480 flawlessly, and at full screen to boot. Details do tend to smear a bit but not that critical. I rather see a little smear than macroblocks.
wing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 11:13   #85  |  Link
TSO COBOL

There is another french tool (is RV9 french ? ) that is very interesting. You can find it on www.lalternative.org, his name is x2real 0.3

It supports avi.

I think the avi supports will come in Autorv9 1.3.

@31 Flavas

We have maid french guide of Autorv9 and italian, on www.formidable.fr.st, there is an english guide for Autorv9 on http://www.eclipsedvd.firstream.net/...de/AutoRV9.htm

If someone wants to make a traduction, it will be a pleasure to share with you.

@kilg0r3

There is a way for playing RV9 on mediaplayer classic of gabest (6.4.2.0)on http://vobsub.edensrising.com/ without installing Realone player and all these spyware. On my website you can find at http://www.formidable.firstream.net/...titleA&show=10 named "pack damrod" that only install dll necessary for playing RV9 without installing realone.

Sorry for my bad english
TSO COBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 22:18   #86  |  Link
wing1

What version of xreal2 support avi? xReal2 build 3022 expected d2v project files only
wing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 00:01   #87  |  Link
movmasty

Quote:
Originally posted by karl_lillevold
Get the source code for these now and build it yourself, all features included. For convenience, fully pre-compiled binary releases are available for Linux and Win32
i wasnt able to find those binaries.
movmasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 00:08   #88  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Hi there,
After you are logged in, there's a link on the front page, upper left corner, called "Binaries". This will take you to the list of available pre-built binaries. You have to agree to one of the Helix licenses and the binary EULA to get access.
Old 29th January 2003, 00:29   #89  |  Link
movmasty

ok, thanks, another comunity to log in....
movmasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 03:15   #90  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Hi

I've just reinstalled Windows 2000 SP3, DirectX 9, ATI Radeon 8500LE, and on realmedia clips there is green stuff moving on the overlay area. I have no problem with DivX or XviD encode.

Any idea?

[edit]

Also, with RealVideo 8, there is no such problem... strange!

[edit2]

When I use Accelerated Video + no overlay, it's ok. But, with Acc. Video and overlay, it's green.

I have catalyst 3.0 :'(

Last edited by Sirber; 29th January 2003 at 03:25.
Sirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 03:22   #91  |  Link
karl_lillevold

i am not sure, but i have seen the latest ATI drivers (catalyst 3.0) having some similar sounding problems playing back RealVideo. It goes away if I Stop and Play again, or if I change overlay type (which you unfortunately can not do). If so, this is an ATI driver problem, and I will report it through the right channels.
Old 29th January 2003, 03:45   #92  |  Link
Rash

Karl, I have exactely the same problem and I'm using exactely the same video drivers as Sirber.

But I just don't mind not pushing the video accel bar to the right. Still, it would be great if you guys or ATI solved this problem.
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 09:46   #93  |  Link
TSO COBOL

Quote:
Originally posted by wing1
What version of xreal2 support avi? xReal2 build 3022 expected d2v project files only
x2real 0.3 (build 3025/release)

I have seen on Akabob website that he has create a package with RV9 dll and mediaplayer classic, I give the description

MPC 6.4.02 (feat.RV9 codec) by akab0b more
#full RealPlayer 9 replacement
#featuring latest RV9 codecs (v2.0)
#2.5 MB download only
#latest MPC release available @ http://vobsub.edensrising.com
#RealPlayer 9 available @

We are doing an english translation of autorv9 guide, it can be interesting for you.
TSO COBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 19:06   #94  |  Link
31 Flavas
RV10 Nerd

Quote:
i am not sure, but i have seen the latest ATI drivers (catalyst 3.0) having some similar sounding problems playing back RealVideo. It goes away if I Stop and Play again, or if I change overlay type (which you unfortunately can not do). If so, this is an ATI driver problem, and I will report it through the right channels.
I didn't know if it was just something with my computer or the drivers or RealPlayer until you posted this.

I have a similar problem, I have a radeon 9700 and am using cat 3.0 drivers. Overlay realtext subtitles won't display when used with .rmvb files, but will work with .rm files. These subtitles worked (displayed) with prior drivers though.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2003, 19:44   #95  |  Link
karl_lillevold

i don't know which other problems the catalyst 3.0 drivers might have, but they certainly don't work for regular playback where the frame buffers being displayed contain the wrong data, i.e. garbage or previous frames (unless you Stop and Play, which should not really be necessary).

I have started the process of escalating the problem, and ATI should know about it by the end of the day.

Until ATI can fix their drivers, there's not much else we can do, than to suggest you downgrade ATI drivers, and/or contact ATI. (I have verified that Catalyst 2.3 works fine). ATI's release cycle is much faster than ours. For reasons I am sure you understand, we do not want to auto-update more than absolutely necessary.
Old 29th January 2003, 19:53   #96  |  Link
karl_lillevold

@kilg0r3:

1: I believe rmeditor (as done by AutoRV9) is the standard, and probably also the only way to split RM files.

2: turn off overlay, just like you have to do in all players using optimized video playback. This, however, makes playback more CPU intensive, and the decoder might go into CPU scalability mode, where it will introduce some shortcuts to speed up decoding, which may affect video quality. So, for both RealVideo, and other formats, you are not guaranteed to get a true representation of the actual video quality, but if you have a fast enough system, it should be pretty close.

3: ffdshow, no.

4: probably already answered (Media Player Classic)

5: not sure about this one - what is your video card and screen refresh rate?

6: again, not sure, but it could be the rate control and all those black frames. Why don't you instead 'trim' the video such that the black frames are not included in the encode?

Hope this helps.
Old 30th January 2003, 01:34   #97  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

The Media Player Classic with RV9 codec is doing a great job for playing RMVB. It has no post-processing, which makes the video less blurry.
Old 30th January 2003, 15:26   #98  |  Link
iwod

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirber
The Media Player Classic with RV9 codec is doing a great job for playing RMVB. It has no post-processing, which makes the video less blurry.
no post processing?? I thought the post processing is done inside the decoder rather then the player in real one....
iwod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 01:07   #99  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Latest news on the ATI driver bug

Latest news on the ATI driver bug:

ATI has isolated the problem in their drivers and is working on a fix.
I will let you know as soon they provide a public release timeframe for an updated driver; they typically run a three week update cycle, so hopefully this fix will get into the very next update.

Thanks for alerting us to this problem, so we could get in touch with ATI.
Old 31st January 2003, 02:34   #100  |  Link
31 Flavas
RV10 Nerd

Re: Latest news on the ATI driver bug

Quote:

Thanks for alerting us to this problem, so we could get in touch with ATI.
Thank you for just being here. You're a great help to all of us.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote