Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th December 2017, 18:12   #461  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
How do you comment out a whole section or bunch of lines ?

In avspmod, I could enclose the section with /* and */ , but it doesn't seem to work here
VapourSynth uses Python language. You comment individual lines with # symbol. In the VS Editor you use hotkeys to:
-comment selected lines: Ctrl+Shift+C
-uncomment selected lines: Ctrl+Shift+X
-toggles selected lines comment: Ctrl+/
You can set your own hotkeys for these actions in settings.
Old 16th December 2017, 18:18   #462  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Keeper View Post
VapourSynth uses Python language. You comment individual lines with # symbol. In the VS Editor you use hotkeys to:
-comment selected lines: Ctrl+Shift+C
-uncomment selected lines: Ctrl+Shift+X
-toggles selected lines comment: Ctrl+/
You can set your own hotkeys for these actions in settings.

Yes, I knew about the "#" that's the same as avisynth.

But the CTRL+Shift+C / CTRL+Shift+X is awesome

In hindsight, sorry it's a dumb question because listed it's in the edit menu. DUH ....(13 strikes under the old regime )

There probably is a bunch of other useful stuff I haven't found yet

Thanks
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 20:52   #463  |  Link
K3

Hey, I wanted scene filtering in vapoursynth similar to avisynth where you can apply a filter to a section between two bookmarks with hotkeys.

The first step to this was finding a way to import scxvid keyframes into vsedit. After a bit of digging, I found that vsedit .bookmarks files were really just a plaintext file with nothing but frame numbers stored and separated by a space and a comma. I then looked into avspmod's source code to see how it preformed the action. After a couple hours of banging my head against the keyboard, I achieved importing scxvid keyframes into vsedit by getting the avspmod code that made the frame numbers then modifying it to print out a separate file.

A buddy of mine completely rewrote that code and turned it into a CLI script which you can find here.

To use it, first make the scxvid keyframes and then just run the Python3 script using the given syntax when you run the script. After that, open up your video in vsedit, place any random bookmark in the video and it will create a .bookmarks file of the same name as your script and in the same directory, then open said file in notepad++ or similar and replace the contents with the contexts of the file created by the script above. Afterwards, close vsedit and reopen it and reload your video and you'll see your scxvid keyframes are loaded as bookmarks which you can skip between with ctrl+left/right arrow key.

The keyframes aren't entirely accurate and may insert false keyframes, but it's what people have done in avspmod for years and it's worked just fine.

The next course of action would be:

1. implement the option to import a .bookmarks file with vsedit's simple format of frame numbers separated by a comma and a space to make that step of the progress easier,
2. implementing/creating macros to apply your desired filter to the frame selection indicated by the bookmarks just like you can with avspmod.

Wobbly implements a way to do #2 but you can't view your filtering in real time with wobbly's preview window. The way wobbly does this is by making a python def in what it calls a "pattern" such as
Code:
clip = taa.TAAmbk(clip, aatype='Nnedi3')
with the def being
Code:
def aa(clip):
    clip = taa.TAAmbk(clip, aatype='Nnedi3')
    return clip
A full script scene filtered with wobbly looks like this (a couple things added by me by hand because there didn't seem to be a way to do dithering in wobby or apply a filter to the final output) Perhaps someone could make something from modified wobbly code?

Would making macros like we can with avspmod be doable? I don't have the programming knowledge to do this myself but I tried looking into everything to make it as easy and straight forward as I could for someone who does.

EDIT: here's a sample scxvid keyframes file https://pastebin.com/47GayXEZ save the paste as whatever .log or .txt.

Last edited by K3; 20th January 2019 at 20:33. Reason: fixed expired hastebin
K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 07:01   #464  |  Link
poisondeathray

feature request: add x= , y= position readout for the eyedropper
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 07:21   #465  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
feature request: add x= , y= position readout for the eyedropper
Can do.
Life's been hectic, but probably will have more free time soon.
Old 6th February 2018, 16:55   #466  |  Link
ChaosKing

Is it possible to set the header type to y4m as default? When I open [Encode video] it's always set to "no header" and I need to reselect my preset or change it manually.
And yes the preset has header_type=1 in vsedit.config.
Old 6th February 2018, 18:51   #467  |  Link
fAy01

Feature request: is it possible to have multiple tabs for comparing sources e.g. Tab1: Source Tab2: Filtered. Would you be able to implement that? Similar to avspmod.
fAy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 08:22   #468  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAy01 View Post
Feature request: is it possible to have multiple tabs for comparing sources e.g. Tab1: Source Tab2: Filtered. Would you be able to implement that? Similar to avspmod.
Comparison of output clips in the same script is planned.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:32   #469  |  Link
kkka

I am confused about it booting up with "Failed to load vapoursynth script library! Please set up the library search path in settings". This occurs for me from installing it from the ubuntu ppa's and when building both vapoursynth and vsedit from source. What settings should I have for the script library? Vapoursynth works fine outside of vsedit btw.
Ubuntu 16.04
kkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:39   #470  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkka View Post
I am confused about it booting up with "Failed to load vapoursynth script library! Please set up the library search path in settings". This occurs for me from installing it from the ubuntu ppa's and when building both vapoursynth and vsedit from source. What settings should I have for the script library? Vapoursynth works fine outside of vsedit btw.
Ubuntu 16.04
Use this instruction.
Old 16th February 2018, 12:18   #471  |  Link
kkka

Quote:
Yup, the new instruction worked once I forced it to python 3.5 before compling vapoursynth & vsedit. on 3.6 I got a new error. Before I was going off the BUILD file. Thanks.
kkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 02:23   #472  |  Link
l33tmeatwad

Revisions 17 and 18 have be added to the OSX downloads page.
l33tmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 00:01   #473  |  Link
fAy01

Feature request: Could you have the timestamp of the current frame and frame number appear at the bottom of the preview screen in vsedit (that can be turned on or off accordingly)? In other words, make it possible for the user to customize the information displayed at the bottom of the preview window.

Example:
Old 20th April 2018, 14:10   #474  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Quote:
Feature request: Could you have the timestamp of the current frame and frame number appear at the bottom of the preview screen in vsedit (that can be turned on or off accordingly)? In other words, make it possible for the user to customize the information displayed at the bottom of the preview window.

Example:
That's a good idea, thank you.
Sorry for lack of improvements.
My life has been hectic lately.
Old 22nd April 2018, 19:02   #475  |  Link
fAy01

Quote:
That's a good idea, thank you.
Sorry for lack of improvements.
My life has been hectic lately.
could you also add a shortcut and feature 'copy current timestamp to clipboard' for creating chapters?
Old 26th April 2018, 10:07   #476  |  Link
DJATOM

Quote:
could you also add a shortcut and feature 'copy current timestamp to clipboard' for creating chapters?
I think it should be better to implement "Export bookmarks as chapters"
Old 26th April 2018, 10:17   #477  |  Link
fAy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJATOM View Post
I think it should be better to implement "Export bookmarks as chapters"
Automated chapters yay, but should offer different formats i.e. txt, xml, etc.
Old 27th April 2018, 16:07   #478  |  Link
Mystery Keeper
Beyond Kawaii

Okay, before it gets out of hand. There are many improvements in VapourSynth Editor I hope to get around to implementing. Chapters is not among them. Bookmarks were never intended as a chaptering tool, neither was vsedit. If you absolutely must - you can convert bookmark files to whatever you need with Python scripts. I am intending to implement formatted frame properties pasting though.
Old 28th April 2018, 04:09   #479  |  Link
fAy01

Quote:
Okay, before it gets out of hand. There are many improvements in VapourSynth Editor I hope to get around to implementing. Chapters is not among them. Bookmarks were never intended as a chaptering tool, neither was vsedit. If you absolutely must - you can convert bookmark files to whatever you need with Python scripts. I am intending to implement formatted frame properties pasting though.
Right, you don't necessarily have to implement if you don't want to but it really is a useful feature to have. Using bookmarks in that way may not be the way you intended but don't the users have the freedom to use the tool you kindly provided for their own purposes?
Old 3rd May 2018, 05:21   #480  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

You might be better off posting a ticket to bitbucket as an enhancement, then if anyone feels like picking it up they can. Once in a very rare while someone else contributes. I think a decent chapter editor would be a better addition, but someone might be willing to make a quick hack of a chapter exporter from the current bookmarks, who knows.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote