Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd February 2006, 20:41   #61  |  Link
Inc
Squeeze it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnon82
@Ebobtron: I took a look on your programm. Nice app.

I've two questions for you:
I'm coding in Delphi and use avisynth_c-port for open AVS-files in my newest build of AutoQ2. I coded also an sample app with a preview option. avisynth_c displays only files in RGB. I tried also your app with YUY2, YUV12 and got a black screen. In my apps I got a white one. Only RGB shows the frames. So my first question is: Does AVISYNTH only displays RGB frames?

My second question: In what language do you code?
Your display is rgb, so your graphics cards delivers a rgb signal and so you do use the GDI API routines or maybe delphi native commands to show the image.
To show the image, you have to feed to your code a rgb one.
(If using DirectX then you could pass the yuv image via the hardware on your graphicscard which could do the conversation, but lets stick on straight rgb handling).
Do apply in your delphi avisynth_c example a condition where its asked about the incoming Colorspace from the resulted clip. There are declared functions in the avisynth_c interface which can do that like 'IsRGB32()'.
If its not the case, then do invoke via a "ConverttoRGB32()" , take the clip from the result and use avsiynth's BitBlt() to perform an image blocktransfer to your determined target-imagepointer. Now the frameserved Imagedata is rgb which is easy to handle for your application's video preview routines by just requesting the bitmaps from the mentioned target-image-memorypointer. I do use RGB24 as output with no problems but as I heared its better to serve RGB32 as its DWORD aligned (if I understood right) as most of the GDI API routines do prefer DWORD aligned RGB data.

Last edited by Inc; 3rd February 2006 at 20:48.
Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2006, 12:25   #62  |  Link
Amnon82
Paldo-GNU/LinuxMaintainer

Thx inc for that answer. It was what I thougth. I wrote you pms, cos I had troubles to do the 'ConverttoRGB32()' using invoke. Please forget those pms. I found the solution:

Sample + Source

Last edited by Amnon82; 5th February 2006 at 16:22.
Amnon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 23:09   #63  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

ebobtron,
I try v1.4b.
at start (in new empty folder) it creates files with a strange names "ilmcutter.exe encoder.ini", "ilmcutter.exe filmcutter.ini", and "ilmcutter.exe rowdat.fcr"
And of course then it does not find "encoder.ini", etc.
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 14:53   #64  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Fizick,
Sorry your version of 1.4b not work so good.

I checked my version and found that all was well.
downloaded the current version from the website and reinstalled here, all was OK. Is it possible that your download is bad, please retry.

Nothing internal changed enough to cause problems like that.

I see you keeping busy with Russian AviSynth Page and your many other pursuits. Glad someone is doing good.

Barly able to keep up myself.
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 20:39   #65  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

Sorry for false alarm. Probably somewhat was wrong with my PC.
Today all correct.

So, I test a litle more far .
Filmcutter is still not usable for me. I do not know, how to set the picture size of preview window exactly equal to frame size.
I need in it to control effect of different denoisers etc.
Where is this option? May be I missed somewhat again?
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 19:28   #66  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Sorry for my slow response. I have been ill for about a month and to make matter’s worst I decided to give up my 35 year old smoking habit. So I am not even sure that I am sane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick
Filmcutter is still not usable for me. I do not know, how to set the picture size of preview window exactly equal to frame size.
Yes, I know. I feel like a young student who has forgotten his home work. I could have included this feature in either of the last two versions, but my focus was on the preview window with script editor, which you have failed to comment on, should I assume that without an “actual size” video window this feature is useless too?

In my defense since the beginning of the year my attention to the core project has been deflected by FilmCutter’s need for a more competent viewer. So most of the work in FilmCutter has been “non related” to viewer support, except as needed.

Sadly most of my total time has been completely spent away from FilmCutter as the work to secure a new viewer is not at all related. I have spent some wasted time waiting for mail that never comes, questions that don’t get answered, but I have kept working.

Version 1.5 beta is close but my mental state is still a little too flighty to be relied upon for testing. I want some version of the new direct show viewer testable and I will implement some sort of “source video size option” in “preview“, as well. Documentation changes and updates will take more time also.

Anyway thanks for the help and hopfully by the time I get FilmCutter up to Version 2.0 she'll be a pretty usefull tool.

http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter
Old 13th March 2006, 21:08   #67  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I do not wait quick answer,
and I like your combined preview and mini-script window!

I will wait version 1.9
(2.0 will be new alpha
Old 28th March 2006, 00:03   #68  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick
I do not wait quick answer,
and I like your combined preview and mini-script window!

I will wait version 1.9
(2.0 will be new alpha
What are you talking about.

I'm sorry I need help now, I can not wait for 1.9 or 2.0.
Old 21st June 2006, 10:35   #69  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello, hello it has been a long time.

Version 0.0.1.5 beta is up on the website for download.
http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter

it can also be downloaded from
http://rapidshare.de/files/23665378/...0015b.zip.html

You XP user's should be happy, the colors should look like I suddenly know what I am doing and the little round corners should be there too.

More info is on the first and second posts.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...842#post687842

Old 18th July 2006, 07:46   #70  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello to everyone.

This thread is one year and a couple of days old and for its birthday I gave FilmCutter a Save Wave function.

Direct Show is available everywhere for all needs and is now the default.

Details are -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=97438
Web site -> http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter
Rapid Share -> http://rapidshare.de/files/26144968/...0016b.zip.html

Thanks Fizick for all the help and support.
Sorry, I have not resolved all the issues related to the script preview with editor and all. But with the viewer thing sort of dealt with I can spend my time with the view layouts using code that will work with the new viewer (tried to make them the same but they behave differently).

A small caution for you wavers out there.
When I wrote the save wave function I was concentrating on 64 bit integer math on a 32 bit platform so I can get the thing to properly write a 4 gig wave file. I sort of forgot that someone saving a wave that large might want to pause or cancel the save. Once it starts it will not stop unless you stomp the program externally.

If you going to do much large file wave saving, I'd clean the air holes around you harddrive. Sort of spins them right on up.
I will fix this, next version.

Thanks, enjoy and please let me know.
Old 2nd August 2006, 00:50   #71  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello there,
I have a new alpha on the website,
see http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/alpha.html

details will follow in the change log (second post)
info on the alpha page is correct, it just lacks the information below about the direct show filter interface.

for those interested I have uncovered the direct show filters interface for those filters in use by the viewer in FilmCutter. that of course is not unusual I have seen that in a visual basic interface. What is different this time is that the filters property pages are displayed in a window that can be in the background, but the best part is that they are in their own threads. You may pause the video, jump around in the video.
You can open multiples, even three or four, open them all.

closing FilmCutter will destroy the windows but breaking the filter chain by reloading or loading a different video file will leave non-working filter pages on the screen.
Old 14th August 2006, 20:05   #72  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

hello all,
I have another alpha (alphabeta17_b3.rar) loaded, it can be had @ http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/alpha.html

The direct show video player in alphabeta 17b2 would eat your computer 100 Megabytes at a time. AB17b3 should work as advertised. Thanks go to Fizick for catching the memory leak.

Fizick is also responsible (his idea) for the other work I am doing with the filter / functions help dialog window and it's workings.

I have started work to allow AviSynth documentation calls from within FilmCutter.

Select function / filter name in you script then press F1
Sort of works, sort of does not.
Also
Select entire function and parameters then press F1
Select from first letter in function / filter name to the closing ")" no more.
Currently the alpha throws a clip name list which could use testing. Then if the your number of parameters match the filter / functions total parameter list it will try and fill the parameters in the dialog window that pops up.

This is real early so if anyone has some algorithms for this, I'd love to see them. This may be customizable but I really doubt that I could ever write code that parsed all the possibilities or that could recognize them. Because I don’t know what they are.
Have fun and thanks for the help!

I am looking for ideas.

Ebobtron,
Old 14th August 2006, 20:48   #73  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

alpha, prealpha, alphabeta ...
Thanks.
"Multi pane video viewer" - ?
I am still ask for TWO frames - two subwindows in video editor (previous and currect), to cut between.
That is what I name as "timeline".

more opinions?
Old 22nd August 2006, 04:29   #74  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@Fizick said "alpha, prealpha, alphabeta ... "

Got to call them something.

Beta may be ready at end of week. Going to include early imp of your timeline thingy, one extra video window. Just something to play with.

More work was done to the filter parameter helper dialog.
loads your parameters better and loads the clip combo box with a varible list from the script.
Old 18th September 2006, 09:20   #75  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

hello hello all,

new version time again.
Some links related the this.
Old 19th September 2006, 04:04   #76  |  Link
vcmohan

My plugins are now at my page. Latest version of TransAll is in this page. May be you can change the link url to my page.
Old 19th September 2006, 07:50   #77  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmohan View Post
My plugins are now at my page. Latest version of TransAll is in this page. May be you can change the link url to my page.
If you, Sir, are referencing the link on the page http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter...guideTALL.html. I can, and have done so. I had noticed your new page, but thank you for the reminder, It might have been some time before I updated it (it is over ten months old now).

I read the small bio you posted as well.

A funny thing about this is that my wife, just yesterday asked if maybe I was getting a bit too old for this "computer thing" she calls it.

It turns out that you got your "Masters Degree in Applied Physics" the year I was born, I figure I am safe and not too old.

I think we will have to start referring to you as Mr. V.C. Mohan, at least I will.

Thanks for the great plugins.
Rob
Old 20th September 2006, 03:51   #78  |  Link
vcmohan

Well, I think that this computer thing is what keeps me (at least my mind) young.

Thanks for liking my olugin
Old 1st October 2006, 10:22   #79  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

FilmCutter can now save the individual channels to .wav files in one pass.

More details here -> http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/alpha.html
Old 30th May 2007, 19:30   #80  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

New version
0.0.1.9 beta

Lots of clean up from 1.8b and PSDK R2 change over.
Visa users report more stability with the last alpha.

New:
  • Tool tip enable/disable moved to Options (old preference) dialog page, this dialog page has tool tips itself.
  • Script editor line numbers are now an option on the options dialog page.
  • You may comment out large blocks in code with one click of the mouse. See the "#" on the toolbar "Shift+Ctrl+#". Or just the line the cursor is on.
Here on the form
There