Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th January 2015, 02:49   #1  |  Link
hbenthow

Best multiAVCHD Blu-ray subtitle settings?

I'm planning on converting some HD video files to Blu-ray format with multiAVCHD, and have most of what I need to do figured out. However, one problem remains. I don't know the optimum subtitle settings. I tried a test run, and when I played the resulting Blu-ray structure back, while the video and audio seemed fine, the subtitles didn't work right. They would pop up for a split second, then disappear before I could read them. And from what I could see of them, the size and/or font didn't look quite right to me. Also, while I had selected "Force display of first subtitle track" (as the first track is for just those scenes where characters speak in another language, and thus should be "forced"), when I played the Blu-ray folder back, the first track was not forced, and I had to turn it on. But that may just have been the fault of the program I used to play it. I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what are usually the best and most aesthetically-pleasing settings (tick-boxes, numbers, font, etc) for subtitles in multiAVCHD? (Note: the subtitles for the files I wish to convert to Blu-ray are in SRT format.) Here is a photo of all the subtitle options in multiAVCHD for reference:

hbenthow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blu-ray authoring, multiavchd, srt subs, subtitles