Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 13th May 2008, 19:24   #1  |  Link
aklendathu

Nero 8 - AVC smart encoding in Nero Vision 5

I haven't been able to take advantage of the much-advertised Nero Vision 5 (a Nero 8 component) smart encoding of H.264/AVC sources. No matter which settings I try, Nero Vision always reencodes the whole video. I want to be able to create a movie with clips from my Sony HDD Camcorder (AVCHD) and export it to BluRay/AVCHD with minimal reencoding by Nero Vision. Is this feasible or just a pipe dream ?
aklendathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 13:31   #2  |  Link
deekey777

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
Hi wastemoney2hd,

there is currently no SmartEncoding to Nero Digital. As far as I can tell in Nero Vision SmartEncoding is supported for DVD and AVCHD targets. Of course, the source material has to meet the restrictions of the target format.

-mediator
What are your settings?
deekey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 15:05   #3  |  Link
aklendathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekey777 View Post
What are your settings?
I have tried a variety of settings - I've even tried to import the video clips with Nero Vision into the project. The problem is that there are no settings visible in NV that allow me to understand how to make smart encoding work with AVCHD recordings.

I have searched several forums for info on this and most people also complain about this problem (video reencoding of already compliant AVC streams) which in addition seems to degrade the quality of the resulting video...

What I would like to see is some settings that *should* work.
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:51   #4  |  Link
aklendathu

In the meantime I have discovered that the probable cause is that the H.264 AVC encoder in the Sony HD camera does not produce compliant video with Nero Vision AVCHD format. A video clip from the camera encoded in AVCHD with Pinnacle Studio 11 does show 100% video smart encoding in Nero Vision AVCHD disc creation.