Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st December 2005, 20:24   #1  |  Link
Barns66

Another file size problem with Gordian Knot

Hi guys.
I have read up on all associated problems concerning file sizes but none seem to match the 1 i am experiancing with Gordian Knot.
Most peoples problems concerning final file size are only out by a small amount where as i am finishing with files of 619MB when they should be 700MB!

I have tried all the obvious, reinstalled XviD codec, (numerous times) set to default settings, reinstalled Gordian Knot and all associated programs from the rip pack. Still no joy. Every time the 1st pass goes OK but when it goes to run 2nd pass it recalculates the finished .avi to 619MB.

Whats strange is that Auto GK works fine and gives perfect file sizes everytime. I do prefer the flexibility of the full Gordian Knot though so need to find the problem.

I'm sure you will ask for log files but as i don't seem to have any still from my recent trials i will have to encode another effort and i will paste the log here later if it will help.

Gordian Knot shows everything is setup for a 700mb rip but at the 2nd pass always decreases the size. This isn't a problem i have always had and only up untill recently everything was fine i just don't understand why even after the reinstalling of everything this persists. My suspision lies with Vdub but i am unsure.

Thanks for any advice you can give in pointing me in the right direction.
Barns66 is offline   Reply With Quote