Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th November 2005, 12:30   #1  |  Link
TheTrooper

Uninstalled Haali Media Splitter,now I can't view avi's

Hi, I hope this is in the correct forum
I installed Haali Media Splitter,my computer slowed down when opening avi's for editing, so I uninstalled it and now I can't view any avi's.

I have searched the forum and tried everything I could find useful;
I tried "Start>Run> regsvr32 quartz.dll" but that didn't work.
I installed Directx Media 6 which someone said worked for them, that didn't work either.
I put new versions of quartz.dll and avisplitter.ax in my system folder and system32 folder, I'm not really sure what I doing here
Tried changing merits with Radlight filter manager and re-registering quartz, but again I'm not really sure what I'm doing.
Tried installing the latest version of ffdshow but still no luck in getting avi's to work.
Gspot reports;
Code:
Failed to create the source filter for the input file F.AddsourceFilter() failed. Error 0x80040241: The source filter for the file could not be loaded.
Is there a foolproof way of getting the default quartz avi splitter to work again without a reformat, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
TheTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote