Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th January 2008, 10:36   #981  |  Link
Psythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus0815 View Post
So, after reading and reading for days and many failed experiments this is where I stand:

All tests done with h264 and AC3 sound in MKV container!
Resolution 1280x544, filesize about 4,5GB.
PS3 is firmware 2.1

GOAL: create PS3 playable video with 5.1 sound (preferably AC3), which fits on DVD5 without reencoding the video!

[...]

-> I Get an AVCHD Disk with chapters, ffw, pause etc. possible, 5.1 sound.

[...]
Hey... Great... Someone who shares at least some of my goals... Add subtitles and I'm in - also the filesize doesn't matter to me since I'm going for some non-hd dvd-recodes...

But my starting point is a little different...
I would like to use nero recode for recoding the video to avc... And then use demuxing/remuxing to get the candy to work (subtitles, ac3 audio+h264, chapters)...

Slowly I'm starting to get an idea of which way to go...
(http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133791)

Will do some tests with tsremux, too...
Main question is: Is it able to demux nero-avc (since it stores chapters and subtitles in a propreatary way) ?

Last edited by Psythorn; 17th January 2008 at 13:39.
Psythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 11:36   #982  |  Link
Nasgul

Hi,

has anyone managed to author/remux a stream with VC1/AC3, burned to a DVD5/9 that plays successfully in non-PS3 standalone players?

I´ve authored a few discs, ran ps3bdfix, put the resulting M2TS through TSRemux ("Bluray" option) and then burned to a DVD5/9 with UDF2.50.
The discs play fine in the PS3 and PowerDVD, but not in any standalone player (tested Sony BPD-S1, Pioneer LX70 and a Panasonic). Both the Sony and the Pioneer display "AVCHD", but no playback.

Is it possible that the standalone players won´t play AVCHD discs with VC1 video (or might this be a problem with the AVCHD structure that Tsremux creates)?

Regards,
Nas

Last edited by Nasgul; 17th January 2008 at 11:39.
Nasgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 21:52   #983  |  Link
morpheus0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Hi,

has anyone managed to author/remux a stream with VC1/AC3, burned to a DVD5/9 that plays successfully in non-PS3 standalone players?

I´ve authored a few discs, ran ps3bdfix, put the resulting M2TS through TSRemux ("Bluray" option) and then burned to a DVD5/9 with UDF2.50.
The discs play fine in the PS3 and PowerDVD, but not in any standalone player (tested Sony BPD-S1, Pioneer LX70 and a Panasonic). Both the Sony and the Pioneer display "AVCHD", but no playback.

Is it possible that the standalone players won´t play AVCHD discs with VC1 video (or might this be a problem with the AVCHD structure that Tsremux creates)?

Regards,
Nas
well, I'm no expert, but afaik AVCHD is Mpeg 4 AVC <> VC1, which would explain why it won't work on standalone players. The PS3 can play regardless of the container, which is sweet....

@Psy, again I'm no expert, but the way it looks to me TSremux creates the chapters the way you enter it (e.g. every 5 mins) it won't even look at what chapters the AVC has....
morpheus0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 22:38   #984  |  Link
kalle2k3

Hi, where i can i download older versions of TSRemux, especially version 0017 ? Or is someone still in possession of this and can sent me a pm ?
kalle2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 08:20   #985  |  Link
lance79

U need an blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD, Sony, Panasonic.

http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php?id=687

Or burn output on a blu-ray dvdr

Quote:
Hi,

Regards,
Nas

Last edited by lance79; 18th January 2008 at 08:27.
lance79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 11:30   #986  |  Link
Nasgul

Hi,

Quote:
U need an blu-ray player that supports AVCHD DVD, Sony, Panasonic.
Both the Sony BDP-S1 and the Pioneer are supposed to play AVCHD discs. They also both recognise the disc as AVCHD in the display, but won´t start playback.
I guess it´s either the VC-1 codec or something in the AVCHD structure that prevents them from playing...

Have you successfully played an AVCHD disc with VC1 in a standalone??

Regards,
Nas
Nasgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 11:44   #987  |  Link
lance79

Nope i use my ps3 for bluray/avchd playback.

Quote:
Hi,

Both the Sony BDP-S1 and the Pioneer are supposed to play AVCHD discs. They also both recognise the disc as AVCHD in the display, but won´t start playback.
I guess it´s either the VC-1 codec or something in the AVCHD structure that prevents them from playing...

Have you successfully played an AVCHD disc with VC1 in a standalone??

Regards,
Nas
lance79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 20:23   #988  |  Link
Joniii

I'm having a problem demuxing DTS or dunno if it was DTS-HD audio from my TS backup. When I open the file with tsremux I see VC-1 stream and I can demux it fine but audio is named "Unknown Stream of type 6". If I try to demux it I get error message. TS file plays fine and I get 1536kbps DTS into receiver. Any idea what might be the problem?

Sample TS here

Last edited by Joniii; 21st January 2008 at 00:33.
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 15:48   #989  |  Link
stevenmok

i find some problem for playing AVCHD in PS3

i use tsremux to remux the Ts format to blu-ray and use nero to burn in UDF2.5 format

i got four files, when i open in tsremux, screen
, disk2 and disk 3 play it correctly in ps3 with DTS, but not disk 1 and 4, that is only video. and if i press forward will be to end of track.

i think is it due to priority problem??

any software can change priority for ts file??
thank

Last edited by stevenmok; 21st January 2008 at 15:51.
stevenmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:10   #990  |  Link
Joniii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joniii View Post
I'm having a problem demuxing DTS or dunno if it was DTS-HD audio from my TS backup. When I open the file with tsremux I see VC-1 stream and I can demux it fine but audio is named "Unknown Stream of type 6". If I try to demux it I get error message. TS file plays fine and I get 1536kbps DTS into receiver. Any idea what might be the problem?

Sample TS here
It is DTS-HD track, so TSremux can't demux those. Any possibility of DTS-HD support in the future?
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:53   #991  |  Link
morpheus0815

current situation

just fyi,
I've basically given up on the AVCHD thing for now.... At least until there is an easier solution for it. Reencoding just doesn't cut it, and the final result is not overwhelming either.
For one the PS3 drive doesn't sound very healthy reading these DVDs (like constantly searching the right cue point) and I seem to have some compatibility issues as well (Nero won't let me burn a reencoded file to a DVD+R while I did exactly that with the "regular" file before).
Also my PC is way tooooo slow for reencoding.
Therefore I am happy with the mkv2vob solution which works like a charm. Only flaw is the ffw/fr thing which you can solve by giving up hard disk space.....
morpheus0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:59   #992  |  Link
Zow

Noob question here:

I am trying to rip my Blu-Ray DVD into a H.264 MKV of about 4-5Gb (I store all my DVDs on a NAS and hate dealing with actual disks, which go to a box in a closet - I assume that the quality at this rate would be decent). I would like to preserve the English subtitles as well.

I started TsRemux and selected the largest m2ts file (main feature) from the ripped Blu-Ray. I was hoping to rip to a single .m2ts or .ts file, which I plan to convert to H,264 MKV using AutoMKV.

The problem is, I got the single .m2ts file (AVC Video Stream; Lossless PCM Audio Stream; Presentation Graphics Stream #1 (hopefully English subtitles), but when I tried to import it into AutoMKV, I didn't see any audio or subtitles.

Now I am trying to remux to TS and have selected Dolby Digital Audio Stream #1 instead of PCM, but I am still not sure I am doing it right.

Am I on the right path?

Last edited by Zow; 23rd January 2008 at 10:06.
Zow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 18:30   #993  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Will you add command line support?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 20:39   #994  |  Link
Luvpeaceguru

Blu-Ray Hotel Babylon

I am seeing very strange behaviour on this disk. Having ripped with AnyDVDHD, I get the error in the attached file when I go for any of the key 3x 8.5GB m2ts files:

Last edited by Luvpeaceguru; 11th March 2008 at 19:36.
Luvpeaceguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 21:35   #995  |  Link
Lacix

mkv to blu-ray

Anyone who managed to create blu-ray format from an .mkv file ?
I got these messages:
Quote:
index out of bounds.
TSRemux.BlurayOutput.Author(EpElement[]EpInfo, SteamInfo[] sis, UInt32 numOfSourcePackets)
TSRemux.Coordinator.StartMuxing(String outPath, BackgroundWorker worker, TSFileType outType, List'1 pidsToKeep, Timespan ts, TimeSpan te, Boolean useAsync, Boolean processAudio, Boolean MlpToAc3, PesFile input, PesFile secondary, Timespan offset, TimeSpan chapterLen)
TSRemux.TsRemux.backgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
(The movie was with DTS sound, but I get this error with movies with AC3 sound)

I don't see the subtitle streams in mkv file also, is it not yet supported ?

It would be a great application to convert mkv files for PS3.
(I'm sure they wont support mkv in PS3 )
Lacix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 23:55   #996  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You should try this method
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...45#post1091845
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 02:29   #997  |  Link
BD-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeBluRay View Post
It is a bit puzzling though, because the movies play fine with audio straight from the original disk. That means PowerDVD and Nero8 can both handle a DTS-MA stream (even if they are only using the core), so I don't know why the audio wouldn't show up in the remuxed movie.
If you select the DTS-HD audio track when re-muxing, it is there afterwards honest!

The problem is the splitter that is used during playback. For some reason using Graphedit and the Nero/PowerDVD filters I just could not get DTS audio to work.

However, if you use the Haali splitter and AC3 Spdifer the DTS-HD stream will be output, which most AV amps then recognise as normal DTS (at least mine does)

My only problem is that the Haali splitter combined with the PureVideo decoder equals jerky video playback. I can get smooth video playback with the Nero or Cyberlink video decoder, but you don't get any of the nice option like colour/gamma control (or most importantly, native h/w acceleration on nvidia cards) like you do with the purevideo decoder.

I am still experimenting with filter combinations and will post if I am successful.

Last edited by BD-Newbie; 26th January 2008 at 02:37.
BD-Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 23:34   #998  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

This works like a charm for me on the ps3 from bd's..

bd iso structure rip to hd with anydvd after mounting the iso.

then find the m2ts files that are the main movie.

use tsRemux to import them and choose the correct streams to use, also the convert dolby hd works flawlessly to ac3.

choose ts output.

remux..and bam! a nice playable ts file on my ps3 with ac3 surround.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 21:37   #999  |  Link
dj7675

Thanks for this tool. It is great to be able to play my HD recordings via regular DVD which works perfectly. I am wondering if tsremux, or any other tool can make hd mpeg or ts files that can be streamed to the ps3. Right now the PS3 will open the file and play it but the files stutter with green flashes. Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated.

Darin
dj7675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 16:35   #1000  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

getting divide by zero error when converting any ts or m2ts file to bd structure. Anyone else getting this? happens with ver. .18 and .19.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote