Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 7th August 2008, 22:34   #361  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
Just found a serious error: the motion menu won't on my Panasonic. The highlight just flicks very quickly on the first frame and you can't select anything. However, it works fine on my Philips. Any ideas?
Do you mean external DVD player or PC DVD drive? And what about static menu?

Do you still get the error message after burning?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 22:38   #362  |  Link
rendez2k

Its standalone players (tried in PowerDVD and that also worked fine). Static menus have always worked fine with previous betas but not yet retested with latest version. The menu plays but I cannot select anything!

Burning completed fine with latest beta.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 00:38   #363  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Quote:
The menu plays but I cannot select anything!
i used mediaplayer classic and vlc and it works here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Good suggestion. Will put in ToDo list

My goal is to add the possibility to select start and end point of motion thumbs. Customizable for each title. It needs some work, but it should not be a big effort.
Bye
thanks
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 07:53   #364  |  Link
Sir Didymus

@rendez2k

For the DVD failing to play with your Panasonic, I am very interested to get a look to the following files:
- the BatchMux.ini file
- the mxp file created by BatchMux
- the log file produced by MuxMan

Could you place these files in a zip archive and sent it to sir_didimus (at) libero (dot) it ?
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 07:57   #365  |  Link
rendez2k

As I have the temp files set to auto delete in AVS, I assume they are all gone? I can re-run the project today if it will help?
Old 8th August 2008, 08:24   #366  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
As I have the temp files set to auto delete in AVS, I assume they are all gone? I can re-run the project today if it will help?
Yes, please. Temp storage folder can be set in 'Settings'/'Paths'.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th August 2008, 09:14   #367  |  Link
gizzin

A new version already testing away!
gizzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 14:31   #368  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k
...I can re-run the project today if it will help?
I have something that is worth to test...

1. Run again your project - without the removal of the temporary files - and double check (with a rewritable media...) that you can repeat the problem;

2. Open with a text editor the file BatchMux.mxp, and find the line "Select End Time=00:00:00:00". Change this line with: "Select End Time=-1". No spaces before and after the "=". Save the file.

3. Launch MuxMan and load the project you have just modified in the step 2 above. Start!

4. Burn again on a rewritable, and report the results...

Your help is very appreciated...

Cheers,
SD
Old 8th August 2008, 14:34   #369  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
I have something that is worth to test...

1. Run again your project - without the removal of the temporary files - and double check (with a rewritable media...) that you can repeat the problem;

2. Open with a text editor the file BatchMux.mxp, and find the line "Select End Time=00:00:00:00". Change this line with: "Select End Time=-1". No spaces before and after the "=". Save the file.

3. Launch MuxMan and load the project you have just modified in the step 2 above. Start!

4. Burn again on a rewritable, and report the results...

Your help is very appreciated...

Cheers,
SD
Not a problem: I'll do it as soon as I get in tonight and post the results back!
Old 8th August 2008, 18:50   #370  |  Link
rendez2k

Sir Didymus: the first test failed again, but changing that line and re-running through muxman was a success - all is working!

MrC: Will being able to select the start point for motion thumbnails be included in the next/final version or is that a big job?
Old 8th August 2008, 19:38   #371  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k
Sir Didymus: the first test failed again, but changing that line and re-running through muxman was a success - all is working!
That's very, very good to know! Thanks for your fundamental testing!

You have discovered a little nasty bug of BatchMux; unfortunately the (definitive) fix of the issue requires to wait for the next release of BatchMux [coming soon, within August, supporting some multipage menues]...

To MrC: in the meanwhile, a "quick&dirty" patch can be applied by including in the BatchMux.ini file one line, in the section related to the menu segment, of the form:
Code:
-[Segi]hilbset 01:00:00:00
This (both for static and motion menues) will introduce a timeout of one hour for the button selection end time... It's not a clean solution, but it should allow to better comply with the "Panasonic" players...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 8th August 2008 at 19:41.
Old 8th August 2008, 20:55   #372  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
MrC: Will being able to select the start point for motion thumbnails be included in the next/final version or is that a big job?
Not a very big job, but I would like to do it without hurry. We have to leave some innovations for release 2.1.1....

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th August 2008, 20:58   #373  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
To MrC: in the meanwhile, a "quick&dirty" patch can be applied by including in the BatchMux.ini file one line, in the section related to the menu segment, of the form:
Code:
-[Segi]hilbset 01:00:00:00
This (both for static and motion menues) will introduce a timeout of one hour for the button selection end time... It's not a clean solution, but it should allow to better comply with the "Panasonic" players...
Got it. But what should happen after timeout?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th August 2008, 21:19   #374  |  Link
Sir Didymus

... Well, it's just a temporary patch, and I said quick&dirty...

When 1 hour expires the menu continues, but the buttons will disappear...

If you think there is even one single possibility that some fool person is looking at the same menu for more than 1 hour, you can also set the hilight button selection end time to 1 hour and five minutes...

... or more ...
Old 9th August 2008, 07:50   #375  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
If you think there is even one single possibility that some fool person is looking at the same menu for more than 1 hour, you can also set the hilight button selection end time to 1 hour and five minutes...

... or more ...
LOL

Something like an easter egg...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th August 2008, 15:18   #376  |  Link
gizzin

Will you ever consider not letting the bitrate be restricted too only 2500kb??
gizzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 23:58   #377  |  Link
wg

I added my own background & changed the menu title & title labels(2) colour(Blue), the results were perfect. On my next project I added a new background image & changed the menu title & title labels to red, when I revert to preview mode the titles all show as blue, as in my last project, when I go back to edit mode they show as red again? On the completed project the labels were blue, not the desired red. Possible bug, or am I missing something? I'm using 080722.
Quote:
Edit* Just tried 080807 same result.
Thanks In Advance.

Last edited by wg; 12th August 2008 at 20:23. Reason: New info
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2008, 13:29   #378  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
I added my own background & changed the menu title & title labels(2) colour(Blue), the results were perfect. On my next project I added a new background image & changed the menu title & title labels to red, when I revert to preview mode the titles all show as blue, as in my last project, when I go back to edit mode they show as red again? On the completed project the labels were blue, not the desired red. Possible bug, or am I missing something? I'm using 080722.

Thanks In Advance.
Yes, it is a bug in converting colour format from RGB (used in VB) to HEX (used in Sub Station Alpha 4+ to generate text in menu).

As a matter of fact, I have discovered that ASS supports also RGB format... so bugfixing is very easy.

Thanks for the report.

If you are making some "generic" menu templates, why don't you send them to me? I could add them to AVStoDVD standard templates library.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 15th August 2008, 17:29   #379  |  Link
wg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Yes, it is a bug in converting colour format from RGB (used in VB) to HEX (used in Sub Station Alpha 4+ to generate text in menu).

As a matter of fact, I have discovered that ASS supports also RGB format... so bugfixing is very easy.

Thanks for the report.

If you are making some "generic" menu templates, why don't you send them to me? I could add them to AVStoDVD standard templates library.

Bye
I was using VLC snapshots from a ww1 documentary series I am backing up, as menu background image, so it was specific rather than generic, not really a usable template for anything else. Glad to hear the bug is easily fixed.

Cheers!
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 18:29   #380  |  Link
ummus

Sir, I load a DVD Rip file to convert into DVD file. But AVStoDVD limits the file to 4GB instead of 4.7GB and converts around 80% of the video. How to do complete convertion?
ummus is offline   Reply With Quote