Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd May 2019, 14:55   #16921  |  Link
Ryushin

Batch 4K HDR Sources with Forced Subtitle

I'm not sure if this is just related to just 4K HDR sources or not (doubt it), but I've been making 720p HDR files (streaming and for mobile devices) from my 4K HDR sources. When importing them in batch, if the MKV file contains a forced subtitle, Ripbot does not not add the specific subtitle as a forced subtitle.

Just as an aside, I found, at least on Sony TV's, that if I burn in the subtitles (especially in to push them into black bars) into the 4K HDR file, the TV will dim the picture slightly when the subtitle shows up. But it does not do this if I use a muxed subtitle.

So I had to switch from using burned in subtitles to a forced muxed subtitle when using 4K HDR sources. Plex inside of Kodi will display the subtitle correctly by default but using Plex I have to remember I have a forced subtitle and to select it before playing back the film.

I will continue to burn in subtitles in non HDR sources though. Atak, is it possible to not convert sup to sub when burning in subtitles. I noticed it does this regardless of the setting in the ini file.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:59   #16922  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
When importing them in batch, if the MKV file contains a forced subtitle, Ripbot does not not add the specific subtitle as a forced subtitle.
As always, send me sample...
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2019, 17:10   #16923  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
As always, send me sample...
Was not sure if you needed a sample.

Sample:
https://cloud.chrisdos.com/index.php/s/Yn8EBxGEXBa98Wr
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 03:57   #16924  |  Link
NasaRacer

I am having similar issues with subtitles in Batch Mode (Automated - Folder Selection), I have the batch setting checked on to render subtitles. So it is de-muxing the PGS subs correctly from my MKV files no problem but the MP4 created are not getting the subtitles rendered into the finished file. It works fine for me if I manually convert a video and select the subs to render in AviSynth settings. Am I doing something wrong? Any input would be appreciated. I am not sure how to post an example of this issue.
NasaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 18:42   #16925  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
When importing them in batch, if the MKV file contains a forced subtitle, Ripbot does not not add the specific subtitle as a forced subtitle.
Next auto-update should fix this issue.
Old 5th May 2019, 16:06   #16926  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

I've been playing with non-DE mode a lot more recently. I never realized that there wasn't a pause button.
Would it be possible to add a pause button?
I've seen it in some other encoding apps.
I got used to being able to just turning off encoding servers to pause and/or aborting and starting again for DE mode.
If not, no worries
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 16:55   #16927  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I've been playing with non-DE mode a lot more recently. I never realized that there wasn't a pause button.
Would it be possible to add a pause button?
I've seen it in some other encoding apps.
I got used to being able to just turning off encoding servers to pause and/or aborting and starting again for DE mode.
If not, no worries
Technically you can only suspend process. Nevertheless this is completely useless if you intend to fully shutdown (no hibernation/sleep mode!) your pc and resume later. In DE mode things are easier because I can just start encoding from last encoded chunk.
Old 6th May 2019, 05:10   #16928  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Technically you can only suspend process. Nevertheless this is completely useless if you intend to fully shutdown (no hibernation/sleep mode!) your pc and resume later. In DE mode things are easier because I can just start encoding from last encoded chunk.
Suspend then, not pause, sorry...just how I thought about it I guess.
I figured you couldn't do much for a restart/shutdown in non-DE mode but a suspend would be helpful for when I need more CPU...aka gaming.
I don't get 100% CPU usage like when I'm doing DE mode with 2 servers but it is close enough and it is super hot for me right now so I don't really need/want my CPU 100% at the moment
Old 6th May 2019, 18:31   #16929  |  Link
jlpsvk

@Atak_Snajpera
I have a feature request. Detect HDR10+ metadata, extract it and use it in encode. And if HDR10+ metadata are used, CROP should be greyed out. MediaInfo 19.04 already detects HDR format. Thanks!!!!
Old 6th May 2019, 19:34   #16930  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpsvk View Post
@Atak_Snajpera
I have a feature request. Detect HDR10+ metadata, extract it and use it in encode. And if HDR10+ metadata are used, CROP should be greyed out. MediaInfo 19.04 already detects HDR format. Thanks!!!!
Upload some samples containing HDR10+ for me and then I will take a look what can be done.
Old 6th May 2019, 20:28   #16931  |  Link
Viper714

Change Temp Drive Error

Atak,
I decided to purchase a separate SSD as a temp drive for encoding my movies. I added it to my server as an "S:" drive in the settings. See below:

So I started the encoding process and I get an error:
ERROR: File \\SERVER-PC\RipBot264temp\job1\Chunks\3.cmd does not exist! See below

Any ideas what I can do? The file does exist but it appears there is a path issue:

BTW, I right click on the Job and it opens the job folder properly on my S: drive.

Last edited by Viper714; 6th May 2019 at 21:08.
Viper714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2019, 09:11   #16932  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You should check network path instead (\\server-pc\ripbot264temp)
Old 7th May 2019, 15:31   #16933  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
You should check network path instead (\\server-pc\ripbot264temp)
Atak: Here is the error I get when checking the path:

How can I fix this to point to my "S:" drive SSD?

"S:\Temp\RipBot264temp"

UPDATED:
Disregard. Brain dead moment. I had to do a network share to that folder. It works now!! Thanks for the solution!!!

Last edited by Viper714; 7th May 2019 at 15:50.
Old 7th May 2019, 17:07   #16934  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Is there any chance of adding qaac audio? I've been reading and it seems to be the best AAC encoder
Been looking at not using separate programs to handle subs and audio and just use RipBot for everything.
Old 9th May 2019, 03:18   #16935  |  Link
Viper714

Paused video

Atak,
I am having an issue in encoding a Blu ray Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian. It seems that the video pauses in numerous areas but not the audio. Below is a link to my dropbox with a excerpt of the video showing the issue. Pay particular attention around 14 seconds through 20 seconds. You will notice the pause.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khrfwe7uxx..._0001.mkv?dl=0

I have tried to encode in x264 and x265 with the same result with the pauses in the areas. I reviewed the original file on the blu ray and it plays fine in VLC. The disc is clean and clear of any imperfections. I tried several player and three different machines with the same issue in the same areas. Below is a screenshot of the encoding settings to show my settings.

Appreciate any insight on this one!!!
Old 9th May 2019, 05:53   #16936  |  Link
sneaker_ger

You mean the pause at 00:00:19? It's probably a problem with the source (filter), e.g. wrong handling of the keyframe seek, maybe in connection with OpenGOP or something. So a sample cut losslessly from the m2ts (e.g. using DGSplit) and your script could be helpful. A workaround could be to use a different source filter.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2019, 00:02   #16937  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
You mean the pause at 00:00:19? It's probably a problem with the source (filter), e.g. wrong handling of the keyframe seek, maybe in connection with OpenGOP or something. So a sample cut losslessly from the m2ts (e.g. using DGSplit) and your script could be helpful. A workaround could be to use a different source filter.
Using DGSplit method seems a little time consuming as here are several pauses in the complete movie. Selecting a different source filter sounds like a better solution. Can you please advise how to do that?
Old 10th May 2019, 00:14   #16938  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I meant for you to cut exactly 1 small sample from the source m2ts to upload here (+ the log). Then others can see what the cause might be.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2019, 03:39   #16939  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
I meant for you to cut exactly 1 small sample from the source m2ts to upload here (+ the log). Then others can see what the cause might be.
Oh , I misunderstood your request. So using DGSplit I uploaded the area around the same section as the MKV file I uploaded. I played in it in VLC using audio track 1. Hope this is good enough.
As far as a "log" DGSplit did not provide a log. If the log is on the original disc please advise where I would find it and I will provide post haste.
Thanks again!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yqw94bz0g...N_64.m2ts?dl=0
Old 10th May 2019, 13:55   #16940  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I would need whole file from the very begining to the first pause + 1 min as extra buffer.
For example if pause happens at 19 min mark then I would need first 20 min.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360