Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 28th February 2007, 19:36   #701  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee View Post
Well, another DD+ decoder. So we know Intervideo audio decoder outputs 2.0 instead of 5.1.
asasadad_1 mentioned that Sonic decoder pack can work with EVOB/VC1/DD+ at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...436#post962436

I tried sonic decoder pack on two PCs, works on one PC, does not work on another PC. No idea what's wrong.

Anyway, I modified DTS/AC3/DD+ source filter which can work with sonic audio decoder. The source filter I posted a few pages eariler does not work(need small tweak). I'm pretty sure the output is real 5.1. You may want to give it a try
http://www.sendspace.com/file/knvhiz
Thank you! Does your new tweaked filter work with both Intervideo and Sonic now? Or does it now work for Sonic but not for Intervideo, anymore?

Another question: Is there a possibility to decode the DD+ track with Sonic and then dump the 5.1 channels into wav files somehow?

Thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:13   #702  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgx View Post
I think that 1,509 Mbps DTS is the best sounding multichannel signal that can be sent over an S/PDIF interface (please correct me if I'm wrong here). If that is the case it's what I would like on most backups if the source has a lossless audio track.
That is true. That is the best what you can get over SPDIF for 5.1.
PCM can be only 2.0.
New codecs (or PCM multichannel) only over HDMI (over ver 1.1 or 1.2-I'm not sure). There is also iLink, but this is different story.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:24   #703  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
That is true. That is the best what you can get over SPDIF for 5.1.
PCM can be only 2.0.
New codecs (or PCM multichannel) only over HDMI (over ver 1.1 or 1.2-I'm not sure). There is also iLink, but this is different story.
HDMI 1.1 adds support for DVD Audio.

HDMI 1.3 adds support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

It seams you can use HDMI 1.1 and 1.2 if the computer decodes the DTS-HD stream and then outputs it to the receiver as a linear PCM.

http://www.dts.com/dts-hd/dtshd-mast...g-receiver.php
zgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:30   #704  |  Link
Jan2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Bauer View Post
Try loading your 2.0 wav into filesource(sync), then click-right on the output pin and render it. Just keep the first two filters and delete the rest. Then try to connect the leftover output pin to the IntervideoAudioProcessorFx filter.

WAVdest.ax is part of the graphedit pack. You just have to register it in a DOS-like window:
regsvr32.exe wavdest.ax

Jack
Ok, your process works when using 2-channel output for "intervideo audio processor fx". When I select 6-channel output, the output is just crap.
Jan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:42   #705  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwindu View Post
I’ve been looking into MLP track, it’s not a regular MLP as it was in DVD- Audio.

A bunch of DVD Audio authoring software out there wouldn’t recognize the MLP extracted with EVODemux. I think it’s encapsulated into Dolby TrueHD format somehow and as we know, there is no Dolby TrueHD software decoder yet.

If we’ll be able somehow decode this track, we would be able to encode it to another lossless multichannel codec like FLAC or WMA and add it to a new container, and play on computer without HDMI.
Yes, the two things are not the same.
EVOdemux can differentiate the MLP and the Dolby TrueHD streams.
The stream on the HD DVD flagged usually as "Dolby TrueHD" (stream_id: $b0..$b7) can contain a standard MLP stream or a real TrueHD stream.

Standard MLP (on a DVD Audio):
Code:
MLP audio stream 1 found!
   First PTS = 00000294
   Substream id = A1
   Standard MLP stream (up to 6 channels) 
   Quantization length = 24 bits
   Sampling frequency = 96 kHz
   Channel arrangement = Lf + Rf + Ls + Rs + C + LFE
   Dynamic range control = -10,6371 dB .. 8,4282 dB
TrueHD (on a HD DVD):
Code:
Dolby TrueHD audio stream 1 found!
   First PTS = 00000D8E
   Substream id = B1
   TrueHD stream (up to 8 channels)
   Sampling frequency = 48 kHz
   2 ch. decoder
      channel modifier = 1
   6 ch. decoder
      channel modifier = 1
      channel arrangement = Lf + Rf + Ls + Rs + C + LFE
   8 ch. decoder
      channel modifier = 1
      channel arrangement = Lf + Rf + Ls + Rs + C + LFE
   Dynamic range control = -10,6371 dB .. 8,4282 dB

Last edited by Pelican9; 28th February 2007 at 20:51.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 20:44   #706  |  Link
Jack-Bauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan2001 View Post
Ok, your process works when using 2-channel output for "intervideo audio processor fx". When I select 6-channel output, the output is just crap.
Of course its crap...unless you follow the instructions:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57736

Just selecting 6 channels is far not enough...

Jack
Jack-Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 21:38   #707  |  Link
Hwindu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
Yes, the two things are not the same.
EVOdemux can differentiate the MLP and the Dolby TrueHD streams.
The stream on the HD DVD flagged usually as "Dolby TrueHD" (stream_id: $b0..$b7) can contain a standard MLP stream or a real TrueHD stream.

Interesting, I didn’t have a clue. Like it said here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_TrueHD
Dolby TrueHD is Based on MLP it’s not an actual MLP stream.

So it means that no MLP decoder will be able to decode Dolby TrueHD and a new software decoder is required.

I guess there won’t be any commercial decoder packed into one of the HD-DVD software players because they must use HDMI 1.3?
Hwindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 21:47   #708  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwindu View Post
Interesting, I didn’t have a clue. Like it said here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_TrueHD
Dolby TrueHD is Based on MLP it’s not an actual MLP stream.

So it means that no MLP decoder will be able to decode Dolby TrueHD and a new software decoder is required.

I guess there won’t be any commercial decoder packed into one of the HD-DVD software players because they must use HDMI 1.3?
My PowerDVD 6.5 HD displays a Dolby TrueHD logo when I start it up and I think I have played Dolby TrueHD soundtracks with it (I get a warning first but then it plays and a high bitrate is seen in the statistics).

You can read from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD that "HD DVD players must be able to decode the new lossless audio codec Dolby True HD, but this is optional for Blu-ray players."

The easiest way to play these new audio formats is to decode them on the actual player/computer and then transfer the analog audio to your receiver with the help of 6 RCA cables. You can read more about this alternative to HDMI on http://www.dts.com/dts-hd/dtshd-mast...g-receiver.php.

Last edited by zgx; 28th February 2007 at 21:54.
zgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 23:21   #709  |  Link
kolak

PowerDVD 6.5 or 7.1 decodes TrueHD. You can connect your analog sound card outputs to receiver and enjoy lossless multichannel sound

For typicall movie (5.1 24bit/48kHz) avg. bitrate is about 3.5mbit with 5mbit peak.
Old 28th February 2007, 23:50   #710  |  Link
Hwindu

Quote:
PowerDVD 6.5 or 7.1 decodes TrueHD. You can connect your analog sound card outputs to receiver and enjoy lossless multichannel sound

For typicall movie (5.1 24bit/48kHz) avg. bitrate is about 3.5mbit with 5mbit peak.
it didn’t work for me, I can't play the demuxed TrueHD stream in either players, when I try to play from the HD-DVD drive I can only use PowerDVD 6.5 (no HDMI) and it does not decode the TrueHD stream (only the DD+).

All I really want is to decode the stream in GraphEdit and re-encode it to another lossless codec and use it with the vc-1 video in another container.

Any ideas?
Old 1st March 2007, 01:24   #711  |  Link
kolak

Sorry, but I was talking about playing the full movie, not elementary track.
I think nobody haven't done that, yet
Old 1st March 2007, 03:01   #712  |  Link
Hwindu

Quote:
Sorry, but I was talking about playing the full movie, not elementary track.
I think it hasn't been done, yet
sure, i know. but thanks for your help
Old 1st March 2007, 07:34   #713  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Well, another DD+ decoder. So we know Intervideo audio decoder outputs 2.0 instead of 5.1.
asasadad_1 mentioned that Sonic decoder pack can work with EVOB/VC1/DD+ at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...436#post962436

I tried sonic decoder pack on two PCs, works on one PC, does not work on another PC. No idea what's wrong.

Anyway, I modified DTS/AC3/DD+ source filter which can work with sonic audio decoder. The source filter I posted a few pages eariler does not work(need small tweak). I'm pretty sure the output is real 5.1. You may want to give it a try
http://www.sendspace.com/file/knvhiz

For the sonic decoder pack, PM me please.
Thanks for that. I tried to open demuxed DD+ track and at least i finally get length of the movie (it is really progress, till now i got nothing) but it's not playing and ac3filter counts only errors not a signle played frame can you please advise me, what am i doing wrong?
MichalHabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 10:24   #714  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
Thanks for that. I tried to open demuxed DD+ track and at least i finally get length of the movie (it is really progress, till now i got nothing) but it's not playing and ac3filter counts only errors not a signle played frame can you please advise me, what am i doing wrong?
You need Sonic audio decoder to decode DD+. Well, before ac3filter supports DD+. Check PM.
orbitlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 10:43   #715  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
You need Sonic audio decoder to decode DD+. Well, before ac3filter supports DD+. Check PM.
Thanks, will try asap. So, after installation of that Sonic Audio decoder, i just need to register your filter and it should work together? Or is there something else i need to do?

I mean, then i put your filter into graphedit, point to DD+ as input, put sonic audio decoder, wav dest and file writer. And it should create me proper wav file, right?

Last edited by MichalHabart; 1st March 2007 at 10:53.
Old 1st March 2007, 11:23   #716  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
Thanks, will try asap. So, after installation of that Sonic Audio decoder, i just need to register your filter and it should work together? Or is there something else i need to do?

I mean, then i put your filter into graphedit, point to DD+ as input, put sonic audio decoder, wav dest and file writer. And it should create me proper wav file, right?

I didn't test wav dest and file writer, only
DD+ source -> sonic audio decoder 4.2 -> default directsound
orbitlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 11:49   #717  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
I didn't test wav dest and file writer, only
DD+ source -> sonic audio decoder 4.2 -> default directsound
I tested this and it wrote result file more 2GB big. foobar says it is PCM 1536kbps stereo. but probably it's because of wav settings. is there some filter which can encode in real time to something multichannel (ac3/dts/multi-channel-wav)?
Old 1st March 2007, 12:23   #718  |  Link
chros

Of course there is! Avisynth!

1. Delete the default directsound device from your graph, then save it eg. audio.grf
2. create text file: eg. audio.avs with the following row (of course you modify the fps value):
DirectSoundSource("audio.grf",video=false,audio=true,fps=23.796)
3. open this avs file in MeGUI and encode it ...
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 12:23   #719  |  Link
Deckard2019

Quote:
is there some filter which can encode in real time to something multichannel (ac3/dts/multi-channel-wav)?
1/ build a graph with just orbitlee filter and sonic one. no output. save it as .grf
2/ create avs script with : DirectShowSource(YOUR.GRF, fps=23.976, video=false, seek=true, seekzero=false, framecount=XXX)
3/ open it in MeGUI and choose your output format.

I just try with FFMPEG AC-3 output, keeping original channels. I get a perfect AC3 6-channel file.
Great work orbitlee !

EDIT : Oups, too late
EDIT2 : ffmpeg says :
Quote:
Input #0, wav, from 'pipe:':
Duration: N/A, bitrate: 4608 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 4608 kb/s
Output #0, ac3, to 'D:\Videos\EVO\mi_aud5.ac3':
Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
How can I specify 640kb/s in MeGUI config for ffmpeg AC3 ? Max is 448 in dialog box ...

Last edited by Deckard2019; 1st March 2007 at 12:39.
Deckard2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 12:45   #720  |  Link
tomos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard2019 View Post
1/ build a graph with just orbitlee filter and sonic one. no output. save it as .grf
2/ create avs script with : DirectShowSource(YOUR.GRF, fps=23.976, video=false, seek=true, seekzero=false, framecount=XXX)
3/ open it in MeGUI and choose your output format.

I just try with FFMPEG AC-3 output, keeping original channels. I get a perfect AC3 6-channel file.
Great work orbitlee !

EDIT : Oups, too late
EDIT2 : ffmpeg says :

How can I specify 640kb/s in MeGUI config for ffmpeg AC3 ? Max is 448 in dialog box ...
orbitlee filter? do you mean the method orbitlee described?

also, this doesnt seem to work with cinemaster audio decoder 4.1. dont get any sound at all from that

Last edited by tomos; 1st March 2007 at 12:50.
tomos is offline   Reply With Quote