Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 27th March 2011, 03:18   #7041  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
multiAVCHD does not have a reliable menu preview, at least for the Title List menu. The text will be there, but the thumbnail preview does not show.
Now that sucks. How is one supposed to see what things are going to look like before making a coaster? Blu-ray coasters are too damn expensive.

Quote:
Look for the Poster button just below Chapters when in the Media tab, after clicking on the title at the bottom of the window in Compilation. Slide the preview slider or input your known time frame in the box.
Now that doesn't make any logical sense. By this I mean what does posters have to do the a title menu thumbnail? One doesn't equate thumbnails and posters. At least I didn't. Especially when I tried that and nothing showed up in the menu preview. Now I'm told that menu preview won't. I gather that I can create a separate image to use instead, based upon the entry box that is there for said image file. I'm going to try that.

Oh, the time entry for the poster sucks. It takes "1:46.028" and turns it into 00:00:28.000. That isn't what I entered. I had to enter "00:01:46.028" for it to take the value and get it right.

MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 03:50   #7042  |  Link
MrVideo

Creating my own poster images works with menu preview. Interesting that the title menu background image can be JPG or BMP, but the poster image can only be JPG.

Since I have 7 audio tracks, I turned on audio and subtitles. When I do a preview, it lists all of the tracks as being "Other (DD)". Kinda makes sense, because they are all UND. What I need to do is manually change the audio description to describe what they really are, and no, it isn't English for one, Spanish for another. etc., They are way different than that, i,e., special use audio tracks.

But, I can't find anyplace in which to manually enter descriptions for each of the tracks and I am beginning to believe that I can't. If that is the case, I'll turn this off and let the user select the audio track via the remote and have a description of the audio tracks on the case artwork (which is what I was going to do anyway).
Old 27th March 2011, 04:48   #7043  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Hi!Make sure that the audiostream has the SAME NAME (different 3 letter extender) as your videostream. I believe that if you then load ONLY the videostream, it will automatically load the audiostream.
I just noticed something while researching something else.

There is an option that needs to be set before auto-loading will take place.

In the lower-right corner of the author tab is the list of what will be auto-loaded, IFF the option is selected. It seems that the default is no auto-loading.
Old 27th March 2011, 05:31   #7044  |  Link
MrVideo

Test Run Using PowerDVD10 Failed

Even though I have to change the background image, as I can't find a way to move the slide menu images farther down the display, I thought I would create a test run and use PowerDVD10 to play the BDMV directory in the structure that was created.

No go. The files are there, but clicking on Play results in no play. The Play button just returns to its active, i.e., press me, mode.

Has anyone ever gotten PowerDVD10 to play the output from mAVCHD after having it create a Blu-ray disc layout?
Old 27th March 2011, 07:45   #7045  |  Link
setarip_old

@MrVideo

Please be good enough to not "step on" my posts specifically directed to "thunderclap" (The first part of your post #7037 in this thread), as there is a purpose to the question I've asked of "thunderclap"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 07:58   #7046  |  Link
setarip_old

@MrVideo
Quote:
How is one supposed to see what things are going to look like before making a coaster? Blu-ray coasters are too damn expensive.
Use a rewritable disc or create an .ISO image file for playback with PowerDVD...
Old 27th March 2011, 16:52   #7047  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Since I have 7 audio tracks, I turned on audio and subtitles. When I do a preview, it lists all of the tracks as being "Other (DD)". Kinda makes sense, because they are all UND. What I need to do is manually change the audio description to describe what they really are, and no, it isn't English for one, Spanish for another. etc., They are way different than that, i,e., special use audio tracks.

But, I can't find anyplace in which to manually enter descriptions for each of the tracks and I am beginning to believe that I can't. If that is the case, I'll turn this off and let the user select the audio track via the remote and have a description of the audio tracks on the case artwork (which is what I was going to do anyway).
If you are in Compilation with one of your titles highlighted, there is an audio tab that has Language available for you to enter a three letter lower case choice, then click "change". I believe Blu-ray is limited to a language: eng, spa, fre, etc... and does not have the option like DVD for "Director's Comments", etc.. If you load an audio file into tsMuxeR, click the drop down arrow under Language, you will see a list of examples available.

I don't use PowerDVD, but instead use TMT3. Even though multiAVCHD does not show the menu previews in "real time" exactly as they would appear after creation, I have found that after creation they are what I was hoping and/or expecting! TMT3 allows testing from folders without the need to create an image first, which does help me "view" before burning to disc.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 21:30   #7048  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Please be good enough to not "step on" my posts specifically directed to "thunderclap" (The first part of your post #7037 in this thread), as there is a purpose to the question I've asked of "thunderclap"...
It is not unusual to try and be helpful in forums. To not make a comment, defeats the purpose of forums. IMHO, if you don't want anyone to post anything referencing your posts/responses, send a private message.

I see the you, or the OP, have not commented about the option I noticed that probably needs to be set for auto-loading of audio files to happen.
Old 27th March 2011, 21:40   #7049  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
@MrVideo Use a rewritable disc or create an .ISO image file for playback with PowerDVD...
I don't have BD-RE media. PowerDVD10 will read an ISO file?

That said, I asked because in another directory I had the contents of a third-party's AVCHD disc (not from a camcorder, an authored disc) and PowerDVD10 had no problem reading that folder and displaying the main menu.

I do have DVD-RW media and will be doing some testing of the "classic" menu option that is there with some short selections. I was in a rush to get this particular project done today, and did manage to get it done. I coasterized a free piece of media that came with a new BD burner.

What I got completed isn't "perfect" as the slide menu has a horrible transition from one title to another in the main menu. The screen goes black before it finally reloads with the newly selected title. But, for now it will work.
Old 27th March 2011, 21:56   #7050  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
If you are in Compilation with one of your titles highlighted, there is an audio tab that has Language available for you to enter a three letter lower case choice.
Ah, if only it were that easy. The tracks, in this case, do not fit the normal language usage mold. As an example, one track could have Japanese in the left channel and Russian in the right channel. The tracks need a manual description. But, you are probably right in that the Blu-ray spec requires that the audio track description fit the mold. So, they are all left as UND and the description of the various tracks is on the case artwork.

Quote:
I don't use PowerDVD, but instead use TMT3.
It is up to TMT5 now. Crap, they want $100 for it (why the hell they say $99.99 when everyone knows that it really means $100). PowerDVD10 came with the new Pioneer BD burner.

As noted though, I did get the project mostly done. I will be doing some testing with other, smaller files on DVD, so that I can see how that goes.
Old 28th March 2011, 02:55   #7051  |  Link
setarip_old

@MrVideo
Quote:
I don't have BD-RE media.
In light of the myriad difficulties you've been posting about regarding Blu-ray, such a nominal investment may prove to be worth your while...
Old 28th March 2011, 07:16   #7052  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
In light of the myriad difficulties you've been posting about regarding Blu-ray, such a nominal investment may prove to be worth your while...
As indicated, I'll be using DVD-RW, as my Blu-ray player will play BD content on a DVD. One doesn't need a full BD disc in order to do testing. Just a few shorter pieces of video/audio material that will fit on a DVD will work out fine.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:45   #7053  |  Link
setarip_old

@MrVideo

Please clarify:

First you say
Quote:
How is one supposed to see what things are going to look like before making a coaster? Blu-ray coasters are too damn expensive.
And now you say
Quote:
I'll be using DVD-RW
You seem to be answering your own (apparently inapplicable) initial question.

Bye...
Old 6th April 2011, 00:48   #7054  |  Link
MrVideo

@setarip_old

At the time of all the queries, the project I was working on had full length videos that would only fit on a BD. It was impossible to do DVD-RW with the material that I had.

Now that it is pretty much done (I might go back a revisit), I can create real short video pieces in which to do testing on a DVD-RW.
Old 6th April 2011, 04:03   #7055  |  Link
sirelf

Quick Question

Just found Adbuvideo video tutorial for this great software! This looks like its custom made for all my needs!

Okay on to my question. I don't use Anydvd, I use dvdfab, and I want to convert a my blu ray movie to a sd dvd, is there a way to use the iso image I create with dvdfab to create the dvd or do I need to re-rip it in standard format?
sirelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 04:37   #7056  |  Link
Capsbackup

I am not certain about multiAVCHD, but this conversion to DVD will be a movie only, no menus. If you mount the image, then you should be able to direct to the appropriate m2ts or mpls to be converted.
A simple alternative method, with selectable dvd5 or dvd9 output, is BD-RB.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 01:41   #7057  |  Link
setarip_old

@sirelf

Hi!
Quote:
is there a way to use the iso image I create with dvdfab to create the dvd
Although "Capsbackup" was uncertain, yes, you simply have to mount the (unencrypted) .ISO for use with multiAVCHD...
Old 7th April 2011, 02:32   #7058  |  Link
sirelf

Question for Set or Dan

setarip_old
When I try to start the transcode, I keep getting the message "AVSinfo has stopped working" is AVSinfo part of AVCHD or is that a alternate encoding software?
sirelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 02:46   #7059  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirelf View Post
setarip_old
When I try to start the transcode, I keep getting the message "AVSinfo has stopped working" is AVSinfo part of AVCHD or is that a alternate encoding software?
Do you have avisynth, ffdshow and haali installed?
Old 10th April 2011, 02:56   #7060  |  Link
MrVideo

@setarip_old

I did a simple test with the "classic title-list" and while it is not what I really want, i.e., a simple textual list, it is better than the "Slide Menu" option.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author