Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th February 2009, 00:36   #1021  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
I think alot of people might just be afraid to interfere with the process in even the slightest way... that's alot of time thrown away if it decides to "burp" when it starts back up. The pause button would be more emotional than mechanical. With a Q9560 I can still do pretty much whatever else I want without problems, but I trust the way a PC works more than many.
I use processXP (works in vistax86/x64 also) as a replacement for taskmanager. and it support selecting a process to suspend and resume.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:16   #1022  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
This does fix the issue with me BD-9 that skipped.Same source used H264info checked Remove pulldown.Worked like a charm thanks.
Have you tried simply running TSMUXER against it to remux without the pulldown removal step?
Old 4th February 2009, 01:26   #1023  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Have you tried simply running TSMUXER against it to remux without the pulldown removal step?

What if I were to try remuxing with both the m2ts and 264 files from the working folder into two seperate BDs, and if one still skips and the other not.... would that give you some info?
Old 4th February 2009, 01:54   #1024  |  Link
NexGen76

Quote:

No i didn't try that i just follow his steps....I have a encode going now i will give it a try when it finish tomorrow. I will let one Burn(to make sure it skip) Then i will try using TsMUXER & remux it without Pulldown i will let you know late tomorrow how it come out.

Last edited by NexGen76; 4th February 2009 at 01:57.
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 03:57   #1025  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
It appears you are getting an error from TSMUXER. Wierd that you'd get that when you didn't get it before. The "=6" only changes settings for X264, not the mux. If this happens again, try running the mux from the command line and see what error it returns. You'd type this from the command line:

"n:\pathtobdrebuilder\tools\tsmuxer" "n:\pathtoworking\workfiles\mux_00004.meta" "n:\pathtoworking\TMP"

Of course the drive/path depends on how you installed it.
It already builds the TMP directory, and includes the required BDMV folders, but doesn't complete the process of creating the new folder and copying/moving the files from the TMP directory to the Folder (named for the movie) in the WORKFILES folder. Which appears to mean the error is coming after tsmuxer but during the next step (or at the very end of txmuxer's process)

I renamed the TMP folder and re-ran tsmuxer. The results are attached.

When I check the movie file (00001.m2ts) alone, it plays flawlessly, but when I run the movie from the folder or burn it to BD-9 it doesn't play at all... even if I remove the required folders to make it an AVCHD disc.

Here's a screenshot of the cmd window with the produced error.
Attached Images

Last edited by GaPony; 4th February 2009 at 04:02.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 05:12   #1026  |  Link
mcalistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnckl View Post
@mcalistor:

Use BDedit to take a look at the PLAYLIST and CLIPINF values in the movie that was created after BD-RE had finished running.
I would not be surprised that your PLAYLIST tab did not have a 720p or 1080p in the STN view.
And, would also be not surprised if the CLIPINF tab shows that the AR is 4:3.

If that is the case, using a hex editor to change the AR value in the 00001.clpi file, and changing the AR in the 00000.mpls using BDedit would get you the 16:9 display back.
First of all, I apolgize for the OT thread here. Maybe we should take this outside On the other hand, a private discussion doesn't help anyone else with this problem.

smnckl,

Great information, you were right on. All three of them had the correct AR value in the 00001.clpi file, however the resolution wasn't specified in the 00000.mpls file.

Now for the tricky part, my latest conversion does have the AR value in 00001.clpi incorrectly specified as 4:3. I've loaded the file in my hex editor, but couldn't find any guide online on how to decipher it. Any ideas?

This def. sounds like a problem with the tsMuxeR output files, but I couldn't find any mention of this problem in the 100+ pages of posts.
mcalistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 05:28   #1027  |  Link
smnckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalistor View Post
First of all, I apolgize for the OT thread here. Maybe we should take this outside On the other hand, a private discussion doesn't help anyone else with this problem.

smnckl,

Great information, you were right on. All three of them had the correct AR value in the 00001.clpi file, however the resolution wasn't specified in the 00000.mpls file.

Now for the tricky part, my latest conversion does have the AR value in 00001.clpi incorrectly specified as 4:3. I've loaded the file in my hex editor, but couldn't find any guide online on how to decipher it. Any ideas?

This def. sounds like a problem with the tsMuxeR output files, but I couldn't find any mention of this problem in the 100+ pages of posts.
Look at this post I made in another thread. I put a screen cap there.

Remember that you have to make the change in the mpls file and hit the Save button on bottom left of BDedit screen.

Good luck.
smnckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 11:20   #1028  |  Link
mmace

I'm a bit gutted at the moment, I don't know if it's a bug or a feature request so thought I'd post it here!

I've been converting Mamma Mia for the last 11 days or so using libav for the extras (interlaced VC-1) so it's been going at 0.1fps, on Monday it got on to the main feature. This morning I got up and it was frozen on muxing the main movie and I noticed I'd run out of HDD space so I freed up about 100Gb but BDRB stayed as not responding. I forced close the software and restarted hoping it would continue from the mux but instead it deleted all the files it had transcoded and started the main movie again!!
mmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 14:26   #1029  |  Link
klas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trahald View Post
I use processXP (works in vistax86/x64 also) as a replacement for taskmanager. and it support selecting a process to suspend and resume.

But if you take off complete the computer dŽont resume. I do not understand the reason is that when a BluRay remux (only the film) not resume and the Fullbluray yes .Also one days make one pass and the second pass on the following day even with the computer off. It is not possible to save the information?
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 16:53   #1030  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just backed up Lakeview Terrace, NTSC, movie only, using BD-RB v1807, and playback on Sony BDP-BX1 is perfect. Chose BD-5, High Quality (Default), and use 640kbs for AC3 encoding. No stutter or playback issues of any kind. Finished file size was slightly undersized at 4.19GB. However, I did notice an extremely large amount of subtitles for this movie, 13 total sub tracks at 396 MB in the Workfiles folder. The english 1st track is only 32 MB. I know this has been discussed before, but it would be advantageous to be able to allocate that amount to the video quality. Perhaps a small place-holder subtitle could be put in the tracks to be removed to hold the original location on the subtitle line so as to not change language/tracks when selecting a different subtitle track. ( I know the NFL season is finished, but I had one more pass in this " arm chair QB ")
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 19:32   #1031  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace View Post
I've been converting Mamma Mia for the last 11 days or so using libav for the extras (interlaced VC-1) so it's been going at 0.1fps, on Monday it got on to the main feature. This morning I got up and it was frozen on muxing the main movie and I noticed I'd run out of HDD space so I freed up about 100Gb but BDRB stayed as not responding. I forced close the software and restarted hoping it would continue from the mux but instead it deleted all the files it had transcoded and started the main movie again!!
Is it still cranking at 0.1fps? Either something is seriously broke with your setup, and/or you have a very badly fragged hard drive with maybe even some errors or bad blocks therein. You should do a delete and defrag and diskchk on it, big-time.

As I reported before, I did MM a few days ago and altho I had to manually re-encode the 6 interlaced segments, it worked fine otherwise and was, I must admit, a pretty impressive backup given all the U-control and fancy "sing-along" stuff. Threw it all away and will try it again w/future builds of BD-RB as it seems a good torture test...
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 19:36   #1032  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
Hi!

I have problems with full backup to BD25, my backups wont go to the main movie.

This happens on Kung Fu Panda and The Mummy 3 (both german BDs). Both get me a black screen, when pressing the Play Movie button in the main menu.

I realized, both of them are BD-Live titles, National Treasure has no BD live, and is working fine.

I set AnyDVD to remove BD live, as AFAIK this is not working anyway with backups. The Original Disc with AnyDVD enabled is working fine, but the BD-Rebuilder recoded shows the above problem.

Btw @jdobbs, do you need anything more the problem described here?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...87#post1244787

Bye
Enabling BD-live did not help, same effect.

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 20:37   #1033  |  Link
mmace

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Is it still cranking at 0.1fps? Either something is seriously broke with your setup, and/or you have a very badly fragged hard drive with maybe even some errors or bad blocks therein. You should do a delete and defrag and diskchk on it, big-time.

As I reported before, I did MM a few days ago and altho I had to manually re-encode the 6 interlaced segments, it worked fine otherwise and was, I must admit, a pretty impressive backup given all the U-control and fancy "sing-along" stuff. Threw it all away and will try it again w/future builds of BD-RB as it seems a good torture test...
the main movie goes much quicker, it was the extras that went so slow!

is there something in this thread about how to encode the extra's manually cos I'd prefer to do that! (as in what to name them and whether they need to be elementary or muxed)
mmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 20:56   #1034  |  Link
MikeyBK

Just something of interest JD..... I took all the working files from the Max Payne BD-9 that was skipping on the PS3s and manually joined all the AVS.264 files together using TSSplitter, and then remuxed that joined m2ts file into BD structure with TSMuxer and the resulting BD plays fine on the PS3. I then did the same using all the m2ts files from the workfiles folder as well and that resulting BD also plays fine.
I did try just joining and remuxing altogether in one step with TSMuxer, but it still skipped when using either the AVS.264 or m2ts files from that workfiles folder.

So the encoding seems not to be the issue... but more how TSMuxer is now joining them?

I don't know if this info helps JD, but seems I can rebuild a working BD-9 that won't skip on the PS3s, using either of those files from the workfiles folder, no need for a reencoding with x264.
Old 4th February 2009, 21:17   #1035  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Just something of interest JD..... I took all the working files from the Max Payne BD-9 that was skipping on the PS3s and manually joined all the AVS.264 files together using TSSplitter, and then remuxed that joined m2ts file into BD structure with TSMuxer and the resulting BD plays fine on the PS3. I then did the same using all the m2ts files from the workfiles folder as well and that resulting BD also plays fine.
I did try just joining and remuxing altogether in one step with TSMuxer, but it still skipped when using either the AVS.264 or m2ts files from that workfiles folder.

So the encoding seems not to be the issue... but more how TSMuxer is now joining them?

I don't know if this info helps JD, but seems I can rebuild a working BD-9 that won't skip on the PS3s, using either of those files from the workfiles folder, no need for a reencoding with x264.
What I'd like to see is this: Take the folder that was created for burning to disc and run TSMUXER against that M2TS -- and tell it to create a BD Structure. I'd like to see if it is the joining of the parts (that was done in the first mux) that is causing the problem.
Old 4th February 2009, 22:49   #1036  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
What I'd like to see is this: Take the folder that was created for burning to disc and run TSMUXER against that M2TS -- and tell it to create a BD Structure. I'd like to see if it is the joining of the parts (that was done in the first mux) that is causing the problem.
I did already try that and the resulting BD still had the skips.
Here's the breakdown of what I've tried using either the BD-9 files or the workfiles...

1> Remuxed the m2ts file from the BD-9 itself thru TSMuxer.... still skipped.

2> Joined and remuxed the .m2ts 'and' the AVS.264 files from the workfiles folder using TSMuxer alone... 'both' still skipped.

3> Joined instead with TSSplitter using both .m2ts and AVS.264 files , then remuxed the joined m2ts files with TSMuxer..... and both then played fine without the skipping on my daughters PS3.

Not sure what changed in the TSMuxer joining and remuxing from this 0.18.07 compared to 0.17.13, but something seems to have that is causing the skipping in PS3s. Because TSSplitter can join the same workfiles and run thru TSMuxer and the results play fine then.

I also recently ran X-Files thru TSSplitter (joining the multi m2ts files together), then remuxed to BD using TSMuxer and ran it thru 0.17.13.... and the results were good, no audio sync issue any longer, and played on the PS3.

Last edited by MikeyBK; 4th February 2009 at 22:51.
MikeyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 23:36   #1037  |  Link
datman

Nevermind I guess this is just a bug. I know don't fit in here so from now on I will post my error/bugs but ask no questions. That way when no one responds I will be ok with that.
Attached Images

Last edited by datman; 5th February 2009 at 23:55.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 23:51   #1038  |  Link
KarstenS

Update: I did recode the problem movie "Meet Robinsons" with 18.7 as full backup again, as this one failed in earlier versions.

It works now as it should in PowerDVD and BDP S350.

Movie: Ok.
Trailers and Extras: Ok.
Audiostreams: Ok.
Angles: Ok.
Chapters: Ok.

So I delete this one and try to find another movie with that BD Rebuilder get problems.

Last edited by KarstenS; 4th February 2009 at 23:54.
KarstenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 23:55   #1039  |  Link
datman

this is from the log as you can see it fails to encode the audio and always stalls at 70.40% complete

-----------------------
[17:55:05] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
- Source: LAST_EMPEROR
- Input BD size: 30.30 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:43:05.775]
- Target BD size: 7.72 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
[17:55:07] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [18:19:06] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 2)
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_00000__4352.WAV]
[04:41:19] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
-----------------------
[04:45:13] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
[04:45:21] PHASE ONE, Encoding
[04:52:47]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
-----------------------
[04:53:08] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
[04:53:10] PHASE ONE, Encoding
[04:54:04]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
-----------------------
[04:58:03] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
[04:58:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [05:36:51] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 2)
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_00000__4352.WAV]
[16:40:50] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 00:45   #1040  |  Link
NexGen76

@ JD BD-RD v0.18.7 beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexGen76 View Post
No i didn't try that i just follow his steps....I have a encode going now i will give it a try when it finish tomorrow. I will let one Burn(to make sure it skip) Then i will try using TsMUXER & remux it without Pulldown i will let you know late tomorrow how it come out.

Log:

[18:29:00] BD Rebuilder v0.18.7 (beta)
- Source: MATRIX_REVOLUTION
- Input BD size: 22.60 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:09:15.956]
[18:29:00] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [18:34:02] Reencoding: VID_00008 (1 of 1)
[16:05:15]PHASE ONE complete
[16:05:15]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [16:05:15] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[16:09:54] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[16:09:54] BURNING BD structure to disc
- Burn-to-disc completed successfully
[16:37:49]JOB: MATRIX_REVOLUTION completed.

Conf:

MODE=1
QUICK_EXTRAS=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
RESIZE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=3
TARGET_SIZE=7910
AUTO_BURN=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
TRELLIS=1
COLOR_BOOST=1
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
AVCHD=-
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
VERBOSE_STATUS=0
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=C:\MATRIX3\MATRIX_REVOLUTION\
WORKING_PATH=C:\BD_RB WORK\

Okay when the BD-9 finish burning, Play back on my PS3 skipped again.

Next i use the workfile using TsMuxer(audio & video) like you asked click build Blu-Ray folder & Burned with Img Burn.The Play back on my PS3 was skipping also. So the only work around i had was to use H264info click remove pulldown...Movie now work without skipping.
NexGen76 is offline   Reply With Quote