Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 10th December 2010, 22:52   #1  |  Link
ethereal

AVCHD and Encore - 21 clips

hello there - i am trying to do something simple but it seems tricky to do.

i have 21 HD clips from my camcorder (AVCHD) - i want to make a bluray with the clips playing in sequence and with chapters at the start of the clips. (no menu)

i can do this with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 - i get a 1 hour 32 minute bluray with 21 chapters - but it takes about 4 - 5 hours to encode.

i added the clips to Encore and there were 21 chapters - i added links (when chapter 1 finishes goto chapter 2 - when chapter 2 finishes goto chapter 3 etc) - i checked that everything worked using preview and i was able to navigate using next & previous chapter. (no menu)

when i built my bluray folder it created 21 titles each with 1 chapter. i couldn't navigate using the chapter buttons (i was testing with TotalMedia Theatre)

the good thing about encore is that the AVCHD is not encoded so it is much faster than TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

how can i create a single title with 21 chapters and no menu using encore?

why is my preview okay but it creates titles not chapters?

thank you

ethereal
ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 05:42   #2  |  Link
alluringreality

TotalMedia Theatre 5 seems to have an issue with Encore CS5 authoring, but all the previous versions from Arcsoft seem to play fine. Maybe Arcsoft will fix it eventually, I can't say. Using another authoring program seems to get around the TotalMedia Theatre 5 conflict, but if you're not using the version 5 player from November then Encore should work fine. I'm not familiar enough with multiAVCHD or tsMuxer to say if they would be able to make a disc that plays videos in series.

Encore gives a few ways that you can create the disc, but I think all the videos will be individual streams unless you recode the video with Premiere or another program. Off hand I can think of three ways to do what you mentioned.

1 - It sounds like you imported the clips as individual timelines and then linked the timelines. This should play, unless it has to do with what appears to be the Arcsoft and Encore issue that I previously mentioned.

2 - You could create one timeline and then put each clip on the timeline. This method should provide the quickest change between clips. Encore may place an extra chapter after the first clip, but it may be correctable with BDedit. This would generally be my choice of how to author it, because of the quicker clip change.

3 - You can import all the clips as timelines and then use a playlist to play the clips in series. This is very similar to #1.

Last edited by alluringreality; 16th December 2010 at 05:45.
alluringreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 16:31   #3  |  Link
ethereal

thank you very much for your reply.

the way i created the disc originally was like your number 2 - i imported the clips as assets and added them to a single timeline. this previewed as i expected (all the chapters worked) but when i created the bluray folder and tested with arcsoft there was 21 titles each with 1 chapter (not 1 title with 21 chapters)

i hadn't heard of problems with Arcsoft (i didn't look)

i will try a previous version or install PowerDVD.

if i still have problems i will try your other suggestions
ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2010, 09:39   #4  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If you drag a folder, which contains all your MTS/M2TS files, multiAVCHD will join them in one title and will set their proper chapter marks and then will create the structure without any reecoding (probably in less than 30 mins).