Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 6th February 2010, 21:46   #3261  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

good stuff

Mirror -> StaxRip 1.1.4.6
Old 7th February 2010, 17:40   #3262  |  Link
dgeor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@dgeor

The test build has a option to append code to the generated Trim function calls (Options > Advanced > Filters > Code appended to trim functions), I've defined 'FadeIn0(100).FadeOut0(100)' and enabled the NicAudio cutting method, both audio and video was faded at the cut points.

nice try stax, really nice try
but it ain't working as expected
cause it stays stuck at fading 100 frames, even if I set it to 10 or 25 or anything, I can't tell why, a bug maybe
and even more, it won't help me out
you can leave it as an extra feature anyway

what I asked was not the fades between cuts, just two fades at the start and at the end of the resulting video

this is why I suggested to simply keep the filter sequence in the _cutting.avs

this is what I get now:
Code:
MPEG2Source("N:\to do\lacta temp files\lacta.d2v")
AudioDub(last, NicMPG123Source("N:\to do\lacta temp files\lacta.mp2"))
Trim(146,170).FadeIn0(100).FadeOut0(100) + Trim(288,325).FadeIn0(100).FadeOut0(100) + Trim(482,537).FadeIn0(100).FadeOut0(100)
%Ft4U logo middle 10f%
what I wan't is this structure directly passed to the _cutting.avs

resulting into a _cutting.avs that looks like this

Code:
MPEG2Source("N:\to do\lacta temp files\lacta.d2v")
AudioDub(last, NicMPG123Source("N:\to do\lacta temp files\lacta.mp2"))
Trim(146,170) + Trim(288,325) + Trim(482,537)
%Ft4U logo middle 10f%
FadeIn0(10)
FadeOut0(25)
just that

and, as I can see I've bothered you enough, have a look at it, only if you have spare time, it's not so important, just another request
thank you
Old 7th February 2010, 19:27   #3263  |  Link
stax76

@dgeor

HD is a bit bothersome if you don't have the latest and greatest hardware but no, such changes are not bothersome or difficult.

Features resulting in StaxRip loading audio using AviSynth (found at Options > Advanced > Audio) cause StaxRip to load audio at the end of the script with one exception that is the cutting. Only thing can be done is loading audio manually and then use the avs file as audio source file, avs file as audio source file is a new feature in the latest test version. It would be possible StaxRip loading audio not at the end of the script but after loading the video source. This could be done hard coded or as option. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to hard code it, I don't have much experience with audio processing in AviSynth, maybe somebody with more experience can give some advice.

Last edited by stax76; 7th February 2010 at 19:37.
Old 8th February 2010, 02:22   #3264  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

after running compressibility checks StaxRip does'nt automatically update size or bitrate values to the percentage i set i have to manually adjust them
Old 8th February 2010, 08:03   #3265  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

Old 8th February 2010, 12:32   #3266  |  Link
dgeor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@dgeor
Features resulting in StaxRip loading audio using AviSynth (found at Options > Advanced > Audio) cause StaxRip to load audio at the end of the script with one exception that is the cutting. Only thing can be done is loading audio manually and then use the avs file as audio source file, avs file as audio source file is a new feature in the latest test version. It would be possible StaxRip loading audio not at the end of the script but after loading the video source. This could be done hard coded or as option. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to hard code it, I don't have much experience with audio processing in AviSynth, maybe somebody with more experience can give some advice.
great stax
got the point, did the trick, working fine

I don't know if this can be done, but could you allow %avs_file% to be inserted in the Audio File 1 area, so that I don't have to manually load it after job added to job list?
(what I do is load video, crop, cut, arrange filters, comp check, save job, then load avs as audio file, then save job again)

also, how can I add a switch for besweet?
I can't find the way
I need it for some mono broadcasts, where neroaac assumes 2ch, but gets 1ch, and final aac is with wrong samplerate, so I need to make besweet output 2ch wav )
Old 8th February 2010, 16:56   #3267  |  Link
Cobalt

I'm guessing this is something really simple that I've overlooked ,but how do you use something like LSFmod in Staxrip. I tried adding it in the profile with LSFmod = Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\LSFmod.avs")LSFmod(defaults="fast",strength=200) ,but It tells me Staxrip can't import it. (Import couldn't open)

I've figured out a lot of my little problems on my own ,but would really appreciate it if someone could just tell me the right way to set this up in Staxrip.

Last edited by Cobalt; 8th February 2010 at 17:07.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:15   #3268  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
after running compressibility checks StaxRip does'nt automatically update size or bitrate values to the percentage i set i have to manually adjust them
I guess you didn't setup it properly or the change cannot be made because it would upscale or something.

THD is now enabled:

http://www.stax76.bplaced.net/files/...Rip_1.1.4.7.7z

Quote:
I don't know if this can be done, but could you allow %avs_file% to be inserted in the Audio File 1 area, so that I don't have to manually load it after job added to job list?
Might be problematic but I changed it now to insert audio loading after the first filter:

http://www.stax76.bplaced.net/files/...Rip_1.1.4.7.7z

Quote:
also, how can I add a switch for besweet?
The audio profiles with name/path starting with 'Advanced' use the old command line GUI so you either clone one of those with the clone button in the profiles dialog or you use the 'Add' button in the profiles dialog to add such a advanced profile and modify it. The new GUI don't support adding custom switches but if you tell me what options you need I might add the options.

@Cobalt

Maybe a syntax error, try to add a space or the %newline% macro after the import call or post the exact error message.

Last edited by stax76; 8th February 2010 at 17:20.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:10   #3269  |  Link
Cobalt

Tried a space and %newline% macro both give the same message.

Import: couldn't open "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\LSFmod.avs" ,and then the name of the source file. I believe that's exact ,but if you need it I'll copy the whole thing next time.

Just in case someone asks, yes I have all the necessary .dll files to run the script.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:30   #3270  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@Cobalt

right click in filters select profiles create a section for sharperners
Code:
[Sharpen]
LSFMOD = Import("%plugin_dir%LSFmod.v1.9.avsi") LSFmod( clip clp, int "strength", int "Smode", int "Smethod", int "Skernel", int "Szrp", int "Spwr", int "SdmpLo", int "SdmpHi", int "Lmode", int "overshoot", int "undershoot", int "overshoot2", int "undershoot2", int "soft", bool "soothe", int "keep", int "edgemode", bool "edgemaskHQ", float "ss_x", float "ss_y", int "dest_x", int "dest_y", string "defaults" )
Old 8th February 2010, 19:53   #3271  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

add ".thd+ac3" to audio input please
eac3to demuxes TrueHD+core tracks with that extension and i have to mux them outside of StaxRip with mkvmerge

compressibility checks adjustments seem stuck StaxRip doesnt adjust the size or bitrate values i have it set to adjust automatically after the the check and no changes are done by StaxRip only with defaults of 50% & 60% are changes made

Old 8th February 2010, 20:11   #3272  |  Link
Cobalt

@MuLTiTaSK, I tried it, and got a new error saying Script error expecting a, or )
Old 8th February 2010, 21:03   #3273  |  Link
M4ST3R

I use DGMPGDec+staxrip+xvid to backup some dvds, it works fine.
I got a recent nvidia card, is it worth upgrading to DGDecNV? I read the last pages of the topic but I'm a bit confused whether staxrip can take advantages of DGDecNV features (decoding, cropping, resizing)
Old 8th February 2010, 21:09   #3274  |  Link
stax76

@MuLTiTaSK

I think the i in avsi stands for import meaning avsi files are automatically imported and importing them manually is either redundant or will cause problems.

Quote:
add ".thd+ac3" to audio input please
There is a design limitation, the types are defined as enums and since enums use symbols and symbols can only contain word characters and + isn't a word character I can't change it easily. It's probably a bigger change I can't do atm., you could rename it to thd as workaround until I have a solution.

I tested your settings for the file size adjustment after the comp. check and it worked, got adjusted exactly to 100%, 28 MB in my case. Maybe there is a bug occurring only with big HD files, please try a small SD sample.

Quote:
I'm a bit confused whether staxrip can take advantages of DGDecNV features (decoding, cropping, resizing)
All this has worked in my tests, these weren't too many however.

Last edited by stax76; 8th February 2010 at 21:16.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:46   #3275  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

changing the extension to .thd is no biggie sometimes i forget that's all

i will test the checks with some SD content and report back i like all the little changes you adding very smart coding good job keep it up

@Cobalt

stax76 is right place LSFmod.v1.9.avsi in your AviSynth plugins folder and it should load automatically just add LSFmod(whatever you use) to filters profiles exempt the loading and try again
Old 8th February 2010, 22:07   #3276  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ST3R View Post
I use DGMPGDec+staxrip+xvid to backup some dvds, it works fine.
I got a recent nvidia card, is it worth upgrading to DGDecNV? I read the last pages of the topic but I'm a bit confused whether staxrip can take advantages of DGDecNV features (decoding, cropping, resizing)
everything works within StaxRip

you can change DGDecNV resize values by double clicking DGSource

DGIndexNV cropping can be called threw the cli only so you can configure StaxRip to send cropping values you want in the DGIndexNV demux configuration
Old 8th February 2010, 22:23   #3277  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

any chance for saving settings in same location as StaxRip.exe on first run or option to do so?
Old 8th February 2010, 22:29   #3278  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
any chance for saving settings in same location as StaxRip.exe on first run or option to do so?
You would delete the SettingsDir value in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StaxRip)

If this directory is not found typically at first start StaxRip will ask where to save settings, you choose custom then and choose the startup dir. This will result in StaxRip to insert a macro to the SettingsDir value in the registry resulting all StaxRip instances saving settings within their startup directory so different instances use different settings. I thought you asked similar things before and therefore know all this already.
Old 8th February 2010, 22:35   #3279  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

i know this but an option to save in startup folder you were thinking of adding to the choices so no need to search
Old 8th February 2010, 22:45   #3280  |  Link
stax76

There is no need to search because if you choose custom the initial directory is the startup directory so you just need to confirm with OK, that was the result of the last discussion. A command button won't be added because it's not a good choice for most users, the button was removed for good reasons.
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265