Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 14th February 2016, 12:40   #421  |  Link
arslan

suggestion for a new feature - settings profiles

Hello everybody, this is my first post.

Thank you Nikse555 for the excellent program!

I would like to suggest a feature that I believe could be useful. Would it be possible to implement saving and loading of user-defined settings as profiles?

Here is what I mean: if one produces subtitles for a TV show, it is 25 fps, 32 characters max, 160 milliseconds minimum pause, etc. When one produces subtitles for theatre movies, it is 24 fps, 40 characters, etc. So, instead of manually adjusting the settings every time, would it be possible to save a complete settings profile for TV, another one for movies, and for any other purpose? Then one would just load a defined profile and be ready for work.

Cheers!
arslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 14:02   #422  |  Link
mariner

Greetings Nik.

Appreciate if you could kindly look into a couple of issues when importing subtitle in xml format:

1. Time codes appear to be messed up.
2. When converting 2 decimal ms to 3 decimal places, leading zero is padded instead of trailing zero.
ie, .xx becomes .0xx instead of .xx0

Many thanks and best regards.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 00:55   #423  |  Link
doomer9er

Tesseract OCR data files for idx/sub files

Hi, does anyone have a good set of Tesseract data & Dictionary files to help OCR .idx/.sub files into srt? The standard set that comes with Subtitle Edit is poor and has a lot of trouble with italics. Please help. Thanks.
doomer9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 07:51   #424  |  Link
S_E_New

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_E_New View Post
It would be nice if it could be with sub/idx and sup.

And also Add "VobSub sub/idx" output in "Batch convert"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arslan View Post
Hello everybody, this is my first post.

Thank you Nikse555 for the excellent program!

I would like to suggest a feature that I believe could be useful. Would it be possible to implement saving and loading of user-defined settings as profiles?

Here is what I mean: if one produces subtitles for a TV show, it is 25 fps, 32 characters max, 160 milliseconds minimum pause, etc. When one produces subtitles for theatre movies, it is 24 fps, 40 characters, etc. So, instead of manually adjusting the settings every time, would it be possible to save a complete settings profile for TV, another one for movies, and for any other purpose? Then one would just load a defined profile and be ready for work.

Cheers!

And if you could add others featuretes for VobSub sub/idx like:

-Auto-wrap lines
-Shadow in Imagen Settings
-The settings, can be stored in the Profile menu.
-Each subtitle's font, color, size and position can be set independently.
-And the possibility to insert pictures.

S_E_New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 17:46   #425  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
@Boulder: I cannot ocr an srt file... or did you mean Fix common errors - fix common ocr errors? (I tried to export the srt to bluray sup and ocr that one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
Sorry, didn't mean OCR but spell checking on the srt file.
Were you able to confirm the problem? I still see it from time to time when OCR'ing subs..

Also, where is the "Use always" or "Change all" word pair saved? I have used it extensively but I don't see the pairs being added to any xml file or in Settings --> Word lists --> OCR fix list.
Old 28th February 2016, 00:52   #426  |  Link
Betsy25

Implementation of mpv player

If people are willing to give the Testbuild with mpv player (x64 bit version ONLY for now!) a try, and if problems occurs or issues or recommendations, don't hesitate to post in the related issue tracker.
Betsy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 19:49   #427  |  Link
Lucius Snow

Hello Nikse555,

Can you please give more details about this improved feature coming for the next release?

Export to FCP+image now allows full frame + bottom border - thx Mathieu

Full frame is native resolution PNG file (i.e. 1920x1080) ? Which is not the case at the moment.

Thank you.
Lucius Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 23:08   #428  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

does anyone know if the subtitle format of UHD blu-rays will be the same as that of normal BDs?
Old 12th March 2016, 12:14   #429  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Happy Saturday! I often use Subtitle Edit in conjunction with MPC-BE and a programmable mouse to, well, edit subtitles, taking advantage of MPC-BE's "Auto-reload modified subtitles" feature. Some change in Subtitle Edit from version 3.4.10 to 3.4.11 has made this impossible. With 3.4.10 I could save the changes to the subtitle and it would immediately appear in MPC-BE; however, with 3.4.11 when I save the changes in a subtitle the subtitles disappear in MPC-BE and I need to manually reload the subtitle. Did Subtitle Edit change the way it informs Windows 7 that a file has been saved? I apologize for my ignorance, thanks for any help.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2016, 23:28   #430  |  Link
Nikse555

@Lucius Snow: When using File -> Export -> FCP+image... you can now check "full frame" which will make the subtitle images full frame (full screen size for the chosen resolution - you can test it in the beta link below)

@LouieChuckyMerry: yeah, that's a bug in 3.4.11 which should be fixed in the soon to be released 3.4.12... feel free to test the latest portable beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 02:24   #431  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Thank you!
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 10:41   #432  |  Link
Nikse555

3.4.12 is out - download/change log: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases

New subtitle formats added (must be getting close to 250 formats) + added support for reading "S_DVBSUB" from mkv files + fixed many minor bugs + added support for mpv video player.
Old 21st March 2016, 02:38   #433  |  Link
sheppaul

Subtitle edit seems not respect the menu/dialog font settings from system. It looks too small and is really hard to read in my UHD monitor. Is the font size fixed to 8 point? I'm currently using 10 point with 100% dpi in Windows 10.
sheppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 13:33   #434  |  Link
Lucius Snow

Quote:
@Lucius Snow: When using File -> Export -> FCP+image... you can now check "full frame" which will make the subtitle images full frame (full screen size for the chosen resolution - you can test it in the beta link below)
Great thing! Thank you.
Lucius Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 16:16   #435  |  Link
hello_hello

Hi. Thanks for Subtitle Edit.

Is there a way to make the dictionary selection for spellcheck "stick" between spellchecks? For example I generally use the English U.K. dictionary but the default is English U.S. If I initiate a spellcheck I assume it commences using the English U.S. dictionary but if no spelling errors are found there's no opportunity to change dictionaries. To work around that I've been deliberately adding a word with incorrect spelling to the first line of a subtitle, but is there a way to set the default spellcheck dictionary I'm too silly to find?

Thank you.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2016, 23:38   #436  |  Link
S_E_New

For version 3.4.12

Just to let you know:
VobSub via command line is not working.
I try via command line SubtitleEdit.exe /convert "*.srt" VobSub and this is the result:
target format 'VobSub' not found!
0 file(s) converted
I also try with SUP SubtitleEdit.exe /convert "*.srt" Blu-raysup and it worked.
Batch converter VobSub: Border style
The first line of subtitles is very thin although the configuration is Normal, width=6. This only happens with batch converter and not in Export>VobSub.
S_E_New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 07:15   #437  |  Link
mariner

Greetings Nikse555. Thanks for the new update.

1. Adjust Durations still not working for the last subtitle entry.
2. BD SUP time code seems to be ~40ms off.

Thanks and best regards.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:46   #438  |  Link
Nikse555

@hello_hello: OK, I've tried to fix it in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip - better?

@S_E_New: "SubtitleEdit.exe /convert *.srt vobsub" works fine here... the border was a bug (in first line) which should be fixed in above beta.

@mariner: "Adjust durations" still works fine here for last entry... how can I re-produce the error?
Old 1st April 2016, 17:05   #439  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
@mariner: "Adjust durations" still works fine here for last entry... how can I re-produce the error?
Greetings Nikse555.
The increment is capped at .999 for the last entry.
Old 1st April 2016, 18:50   #440  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner View Post
Greetings Nikse555.
The increment is capped at .999 for the last entry.
OK, saw it now, thx
Duration adjustment in "Seconds" with values higher than one second will trigger the bug - should be fixed in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip