Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 26th July 2009, 18:41   #4181  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

How do you implement blanking? Have i missed something? I went on hols for a month and am strugling to catch back up...
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 19:21   #4182  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Furiousflea;
Thank you for the explanation.
After purchasing a new HDMI receiver just for Blu-Ray HD audio, and reading the instructions from my Sony BX1, direct audio rather than mixed is the proper setting to play the Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master audio. But for secondary audio, mixed is the setting to select.
Seems odd to have to change the settings for the audio for the BD player to either be able to hear the secondary audio for PiP or HD audio for most normal movie playback. Menu selection options on the BD discs, for PiP feature, don't reference this necessary BD player audio change to enable this feature. ( nor will most people change it back and forth )
For me, unless something changes, it is looking like PiP viewing may need to stay with the original and not my backups.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 20:03   #4183  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@Furiousflea;
After purchasing a new HDMI receiver just for Blu-Ray HD audio, and reading the instructions from my Sony BX1, direct audio rather than mixed is the proper setting to play the Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master audio. But for secondary audio, mixed is the setting to select.
Seems odd to have to change the settings for the audio for the BD player to either be able to hear the secondary audio for PiP or HD audio for most normal movie playback. Menu selection options on the BD discs, for PiP feature, don't reference this necessary BD player audio change to enable this feature. ( nor will most people change it back and forth )
For me, unless something changes, it is looking like PiP viewing may need to stay with the original and not my backups.
I'm starting to feel the same way.
Old 26th July 2009, 20:30   #4184  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm starting to feel the same way.
lol, maybe...

But in reference to Capsbackup post, his originals behave in exactly the same manner!!!!

His problem has nothing to do with BDRB, it's just the player...Go have a look Caps, you'll see your originals will have NO SOUND for PiP audio track if you have output set to "direct".
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 20:32   #4185  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
@Furiousflea;
but your originals will behave in exactly the same way

It's just a quirk of the player and the crappy beta technology that is "Blu-Ray".
Old 26th July 2009, 20:40   #4186  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
lol, maybe...

But in reference to Capsbackup post, his originals behave in exactly the same manner!!!!

His problem has nothing to do with BDRB, it's just the player...Go have a look Caps, you'll see your originals will have NO SOUND for PiP audio track if you have output set to "direct".
I don't bother with PiP tracks partly for this reason

My player is set to direct and like all players will not pass Menu/PiP audio on originals either

It would of been great if the BD Spec/Disc incorporated a function that tells the player when to mix (menu's, movie w/PiP etc) and when to do direct (main movie etc) or the players in general were intellegent enough to know

Last edited by tekmobile; 26th July 2009 at 20:43.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 21:18   #4187  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worknstiff
I'm so sorry about commenting on being confused about the maximum files size on BD-r 25 disks anyhow. I was really just wanting to know why if you put custom size at 24500 why it was showing 23.93 as targeted size. I am stingy with my few BD-25 and wanted the maximum amount of pure video quality on my 6 dollar verbatium disk. I go by the WEHS (where eyes hit screen) method of video copying. That is where I want the most emphasis placed IMO. I do care about all the full disk and PIP stuff in theory but for six bucks I don't need to have all the bells and whistles, just the maximum quality WEHS. LOL! Again sorry to have hit a sore point, just don't like only using 22.4 GB on a 25 GB disk if it will really hold every last "BITE" of 25 GB of actual bytes.
Just buy $3.50 Ritek discs instead and you won't have to be so stingy.

Sometimes... just making the copy bigger, doesn't necessarily make it any better. Most of the space is used by the audio anyway.

You might even be joyfully amazed at what you can do with copies to BD9.

Last edited by GaPony; 26th July 2009 at 21:19. Reason: context
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 21:18   #4188  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
but your originals will behave in exactly the same way

It's just a quirk of the player and the crappy beta technology that is "Blu-Ray".
You are correct.
Old 26th July 2009, 22:19   #4189  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Here's a bit of info, using my Sony S550 for playback.

Fully working PiP discs...(All AC3+)

The Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Constantine
Resident Evil Extinction
Batman Begins

Discs freeze at PiP point...(All AC3+ except TDTESS which doesn't have an audio track present on PiP track)

The Day The Earth Stood Still
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E
Furiousflea - what are your settings for Matrix Series? All the encodes i do have choppy playback. Found the original source to playback smooth but every encode i do w/PiP and w/o PiP i just can't get it to encode properly.

Thanks
KS
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 22:24   #4190  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Furiousflea - what are your settings for Matrix Series? All the encodes i do have choppy playback. Found the original source to playback smooth but every encode i do w/PiP and w/o PiP i just can't get it to encode properly.

Thanks
KS
I don't use any specific settings, tried 2 pass\1 pass experimental\fast\slow\everything really. I don't select strict compliance...

Ummm....Could just be your player? Or your discs?
Old 26th July 2009, 22:25   #4191  |  Link
Furiousflea

Just done Resident Evil Degeneration...That also has the "Freezing"...

I've noticed that ALL Warner Bros PiP discs work Perfectly...

Anything else has the freezing.

Updated working\non working...

Fully working PiP discs...(All AC3+) These are all Warner Bros discs except RE Extinction...

The Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Constantine
Resident Evil Extinction (screen gems)
Batman Begins

Discs freeze at PiP point... These are Dreamworks\Universal\other.

Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E
Resident Evil Degeneration
Added Pinnochio

I've noticed that the Warner Bros discs are all in a set style in terms of structure most likely due to being clones of their HDDVD counterparts, they don't have anything crazy like more than 1 PiP video track and all have AC3+ for audio...

jdobbs there must be some bug somewhere, maybe have a look at the differences between Warner Bros discs and others and see if you can find anything?....good luck

Last edited by Furiousflea; 26th July 2009 at 23:01.
Old 26th July 2009, 22:36   #4192  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Furiousflea;
Does your Batman Begins backup have audio sync for the main movie?
I can notice a significant audio ahead of video, possibly as much as 250ms on my Region A backup.
Old 26th July 2009, 22:57   #4193  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
@Furiousflea;
Does your Batman Begins backup have audio sync for the main movie?
I can notice a significant audio ahead of video, possibly as much as 250ms on my Region A backup.
Yes it does appear out of synch, mine is Region B but I believe they are all the same between regions in this case.

It appears out of synch with and without PiP enabled.

I believe this has been discussed before about this disc, maybe not here but I'm quite sure that the disc has some authroing messups to be out of synch and this is exacorbated when enabling PiP due to the extra processing\mixing etc.
Old 27th July 2009, 00:35   #4194  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
I don't bother with PiP tracks partly for this reason

My player is set to direct and like all players will not pass Menu/PiP audio on originals either

It would of been great if the BD Spec/Disc incorporated a function that tells the player when to mix (menu's, movie w/PiP etc) and when to do direct (main movie etc) or the players in general were intellegent enough to know
Actually it does. There's a register that gets set when secondary is to be mixed. But I guess the player doesn't watch it.
Old 27th July 2009, 01:34   #4195  |  Link
doffot

help me

help me ...! problem fast and furious 2009 low bitrate
problem for vc-1 1080i
doffot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 02:19   #4196  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
I don't use any specific settings, tried 2 pass\1 pass experimental\fast\slow\everything really. I don't select strict compliance...

Ummm....Could just be your player? Or your discs?
Dont think its the PS3. when i play back the backup video in TMT3 and PS3 its the same result. Wierd, guess i'll just have to live without a backup for these ones lol.

Might give it one more shot and if its a fail then i give up and on to new movies thanks for the info.
KS
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 02:54   #4197  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Dont think its the PS3. when i play back the backup video in TMT3 and PS3 its the same result. Wierd, guess i'll just have to live without a backup for these ones lol.

Might give it one more shot and if its a fail then i give up and on to new movies thanks for the info.
KS
dont think its the ps3, the ps3 its one of the best player i had tested! only had problems with full backup to bd9/5, but full backup to bd25 never had problems!
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 02:58   #4198  |  Link
SLOVEHEART
SLOVEHEART

I just tried BD rebuilder - first I tried a reduction of a BD50 to dvd9, the disk that I created was unsupported by my Panasonic BD80 with 24p off. Next I tried a BD25 output, it was playable, but there are many lines of green letters on the upper left hand part of the screen that do not go away, how can these be gotten rid of, what setting controls this - or are these just part of the output?
Old 27th July 2009, 04:20   #4199  |  Link
setarip_old

@SLOVEHEART

Hi!

1) What is the title of your original BluRay disc?

2) What software and procedures did you use to rip it?

3) Please post the EXACT "many lines of green lettering" that appear
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 18:21   #4200  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just done Resident Evil Degeneration...That also has the "Freezing"...

I've noticed that ALL Warner Bros PiP discs work Perfectly...

Anything else has the freezing.

Updated working\non working...

Fully working PiP discs...(All AC3+) These are all Warner Bros discs except RE Extinction...

The Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Constantine
Resident Evil Extinction (screen gems)
Batman Begins

Discs freeze at PiP point... These are Dreamworks\Universal\other.

Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E
Resident Evil Degeneration
Added Pinnochio

I've noticed that the Warner Bros discs are all in a set style in terms of structure most likely due to being clones of their HDDVD counterparts, they don't have anything crazy like more than 1 PiP video track and all have AC3+ for audio...

jdobbs there must be some bug somewhere, maybe have a look at the differences between Warner Bros discs and others and see if you can find anything?....good luck
Could you check something for me? Can you open up the original source on the ones that don't work with BDEdit and see if they all have Interactive Graphics on them? (IG)

I've found a disc that freezes like you described when it hits the PiP (Star Trek, the original series, Season 1, Disc 1). It has IG (which as far as I can tell isn't supported by TSMUXER). My copy of "Day the Earth Stood Still" doesn't have it, and (as I've mentioned) it works fine on my player. I'm looking to see if yours is different.

Kinda grasping at straws...