Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 8th April 2007, 23:13   #41  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambelli View Post
Run "cscript wmcmd.vbs -a_formats" and you'll get the full listing for the codecs on your system.
How can i print that to a file? I can't scroll up to see the wmapro for WMV 9...

Thanks.
NHRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2007, 23:16   #42  |  Link
zambelli
Doom9ing since 2001

Just like you print any output to a file:

cscript wmcmd.vbs -a_formats > output.txt

That works for any app that outputs to the command prompt.
zambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2007, 23:18   #43  |  Link
NHRaider

thanks...

Quote:
Just like you print any output to a file:

cscript wmcmd.vbs -a_formats > output.txt

That works for any app that outputs to the command prompt.
I got that and was coming back to edit the message...This is a newbie thread...Thanks...

My media player will only stream wmv9...

I was looking through the formats and didn't see anything but 2 channel except for:
WMALSL : Windows Media Audio 9.2 Lossless (WMALSL):

Argument Quality Sampling rate Channel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q100_44_2_16 Q100 44 2 16
Q100_44_2_24 Q100 44 2 24
Q100_48_2_24 Q100 48 2 24
Q100_48_6_24 Q100 48 6 24
Q100_88_2_24 Q100 88 2 24
Q100_88_6_24 Q100 88 6 24
Q100_96_2_24 Q100 96 2 24
Q100_96_6_24 Q100 96 6 24

Am I constrained to 2 channel? Is there 6 channel WMV9 that I need to load something?

Last edited by NHRaider; 8th April 2007 at 23:32.
Old 9th April 2007, 01:07   #44  |  Link
zambelli
Doom9ing since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRaider View Post
I was looking through the formats and didn't see anything but 2 channel except for:
WMALSL : Windows Media Audio 9.2 Lossless (WMALSL):
No, you ought to see 6-channel modes listed for WMAPRO too.
Old 9th April 2007, 01:31   #45  |  Link
NHRaider

I can see WMPro with 6 channel

Quote:
No, you ought to see 6-channel modes listed for WMAPRO too.
I guess I'm confused with Windows Media Audio 10 Professional re: WMV9. My media player can stream WMV9 but doesn't state any audio compatibility.

I may have 2 problems...It seems the only audio filter that works for me is Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 which seems to be 2 channel. If I use AC3 after that filter, it sounds like LPs playing on 45's speed.

On the wmapro, I'm looking at the codecs on my machine and was trying to match a 6 channel with the bitsample(16 most of these movies I have) along with sampling (48K). When I look at the bitrate output for EVO demux, I don't seem to find a bitrate that matches...

Here is my script:
cscript.exe "wmcmd.vbs" -input "audioandvideo.avs" -output "test.wmv" -v_codec wmv9 -v_mode 0 -v_bitrate 8000000 -v_keydist 30 -v_buffer 600000 -v_quality 75 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 640_48_6_24

This is the log file generated from running the script:
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

ContextException thrown by BaseCertificate::GetField [.\BaseCertificate.cpp:903] with context
Field
Audio_Dolby_8ch
not found in certificate
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Certificates8\CertDVDitProHD.rxc

So I was able to set the a_setting and have it stream for 6 channels. That part of the problem is solved. Now I just need to find an Audio Decoder with more than 2 channels what works on my machine. I've been screwing with AC3 settings but it's speed is way off...

Last edited by NHRaider; 9th April 2007 at 01:49.
Old 9th April 2007, 04:07   #46  |  Link
zambelli
Doom9ing since 2001

Quote:
I guess I'm confused with Windows Media Audio 10 Professional re: WMV9. My media player can stream WMV9 but doesn't state any audio compatibility.
Most standalone players supporting WMV playback only support WMA Standard, but I'd recommend you google around for information. I'm sure other people have run into the same question.

Quote:
ContextException thrown by BaseCertificate::GetField [.\BaseCertificate.cpp:903] with context
Field
Audio_Dolby_8ch
not found in certificate
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Certificates8\CertDVDitProHD.rxc
Well I guess that's pretty clear: there's a crash occurring in one of the Roxio components. Also, note that it's apparently outputting 8 channels. You might want to encode to 8 channel WMA Pro then.

Quote:
Now I just need to find an Audio Decoder with more than 2 channels what works on my machine. I've been screwing with AC3 settings but it's speed is way off...
What are you decoding? AC3? You should be able to use AC3Filter for that.
Old 9th April 2007, 11:50   #47  |  Link
NHRaider

Lot of stuff getting clear...

Quote:
Most standalone players supporting WMV playback only support WMA Standard, but I'd recommend you google around for information. I'm sure other people have run into the same question.

Well I guess that's pretty clear: there's a crash occurring in one of the Roxio components. Also, note that it's apparently outputting 8 channels. You might want to encode to 8 channel WMA Pro then.

What are you decoding? AC3? You should be able to use AC3Filter for that.
I'm not sure if my player will play the wmapro. I output with 6 channel and it DID play. Unfortunately, it was playing wrong speed so I can't definately confirm it can stream yet, but at least it didn't give an "unsupported broadcast" message.

I tried using 8 channel output to see what is going on. It's weird that it's trying to use a component from DVDitPro HD. I used 768_48_8_24 (and every other 8 channel output) and got an error "Prepare to encode failed with error -1072886856 The input media format is invalid." I think this error comes from 2 channel Sonic 4.2 audio decoder trying to output to 8 channel.

On the AC3...I have DD+ as the source. I'm using the DD+/Dts/AC3 source filter in GraphEdit. So far, the only audio decoder that I can get to play audio is Sonic cinemaster audio decoder 4.2. Unfortunately it's only 2 channels. I'd like to output either 5.1 or 7.1. That's why I was trying AC3...it allows me to change channels to 6 or 8 and at least I'm getting sound playing the .avs using WMP. The only problem is that it's like listening to chipmumks.

BTW: earlier in this thread, someone got ""Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Subscript out of range: 'intIndex2'" running his script and you asked how he got that...I mistakenly got the same error by giving -a_setting without giving the parameter.

Last edited by NHRaider; 9th April 2007 at 11:58.
Old 11th April 2007, 07:23   #48  |  Link
deakorn

Can someone help me with the avisynth script for putting 6 mono wavs in to procoder. I am having a hard time finding what im looking for. I tried using tranzcode and outputing a 5.1 wav but when i open it in procoder its only half the time its suppose to be. So this is y i went with the mono wavs.
deakorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 16:39   #49  |  Link
olivierdb

@deakorn: I'm not sure what your post has to do with converting HD-DVDs to WMV HD. May I kindly suggest you create a new thread to make your issue more visible to everyone. Placing it here might cause some confusion!

Also, would you please clarify what it is you originally wanted to do? What is your source file and what is the target device or format? I think it would help if you would provide the .avs script and .grf files you're currently working with.

Thanks for your understanding.
olivierdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 16:57   #50  |  Link
olivierdb

I have been informed by CyberLink that "...you can use the CyberLink Media Deluxe software to stream your HD video files to your wireless device...", i.e. Media Deluxe may be used as a media server to stream HD content from your PC to your wireless media player. Unfortunately, since I hit the reset button on my wireless HD media player (DLink DSM-520) it would not switch back on! I personally don't recommend this device as it has proven quite unstable and doesn't do a very good job of detecting media servers IMHO. I have also been unsuccessful in obtaining a precise list of supported audio and video formats from DLink.

If anyone has the opportunity to test CyberLink's Media Deluxe ability to stream HD-DVD content to any wireless media player, I would be most grateful if you would share your findings.

The Media Deluxe trial version may be downloaded here. Please note that the file is quite large!
Old 11th April 2007, 17:25   #51  |  Link
NHRaider

Try Wizd

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivierdb View Post
I have been informed by CyberLink that "...you can use the CyberLink Media Deluxe software to stream your HD video files to your wireless device...", i.e. Media Deluxe may be used as a media server to stream HD content from your PC to your wireless media player. Unfortunately, since I hit the reset button on my wireless HD media player (DLink DSM-520) it would not switch back on! I personally don't recommend this device as it has proven quite unstable and doesn't do a very good job of detecting media servers IMHO. I have also been unsuccessful in obtaining a precise list of supported audio and video formats from DLink.

If anyone has the opportunity to test CyberLink's Media Deluxe ability to stream HD-DVD content to any wireless media player, I would be most grateful if you would share your findings.

The Media Deluxe trial version may be downloaded here. Please note that the file is quite large!
I use Wizd for streaming HD to my Helios X-5000 and also to my Dlink DSM-520. I like Wizd since it can stream DVD .ISO files, as well as DivX HD and WMV HD...

I've had no issues with it...
Old 11th April 2007, 18:00   #52  |  Link
olivierdb

Nice! You're very resourceful NHraider. Thank you for sharing.

Actually, I thought Media Deluxe would allow for the streaming of HD content (from HD-DVD drives connected to a PC) directly to a wireless media player, but that would still require the wireless media player to be able to play back the HD format being used. This is where Nero MediaHome sounded nice, because it had built-in transcoding. Unfortunately, Nero's HD-DVD plugin doesn't allow Nero MediaHome to read HD content! Currently, it is still not possible to use the HD-DVD plugin with Nero Recode either, so you can't easily recode the HD-DVD to say Nero Digital AVC video with Nero HE-AAC audio (which along with WMV HD video and WMA Pro audio are my prefered formats to encode to)!
Old 11th April 2007, 20:47   #53  |  Link
deakorn

@olivierdb i have taken the DTS-HD ran it threw graphedit file (async)>SonicHD Demux>Dump then i took dts core and got a clean dts file like AJCrowley stated in another topic in this forum. I used Tranzcode to get 6 mono wavs from the clean dts core. now i want to creat a wma file to mux into a wmv. I would like to use procoder if its possible or i wouldnt mind using the command line wme but again i dont know how to create the avisynth script in order for these programs to use all 6 channels.

I hope this helps
deakorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 21:24   #54  |  Link
NHRaider

You're hitting the same thing I did..hence the WMV9 HD conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivierdb View Post
Nice! You're very resourceful NHraider. Thank you for sharing.

Actually, I thought Media Deluxe would allow for the streaming of HD content (from HD-DVD drives connected to a PC) directly to a wireless media player, but that would still require the wireless media player to be able to play back the HD format being used. This is where Nero MediaHome sounded nice, because it had built-in transcoding. Unfortunately, Nero's HD-DVD plugin doesn't allow Nero MediaHome to read HD content! Currently, it is still not possible to use the HD-DVD plugin with Nero Recode either, so you can't easily recode the HD-DVD to say Nero Digital AVC video with Nero HE-AAC audio (which along with WMV HD video and WMA Pro audio are my prefered formats to encode to)!
I can stream VOB files and ISO files through Wizd and the Helios player. I've been screwing around with this thread so I can convert HD-DVD to WMV9 HD so I can stream with the same configuration. Until they upgrade to stream EVO files or some image backup of EVO then we will still be stuck doing the conversions.

BTW...I'm still stuck on the 2 channel output for DD+

I just got Discovery Brazil and used AC3 off the Dts/DD source filter and that was able to play 6 channels! but it isn't dd+ or the true HD

Sonic was the only one I got to work with DD+ but the 4.2 decoder for audio is ONLY 2 channels...

I've got zero hits on any suggestions beyond that so far...

wtf.

Last edited by NHRaider; 11th April 2007 at 21:39.
Old 14th April 2007, 16:21   #55  |  Link
aka DaMacFunkin

I have been watching this thread with interest now for a while and i can't believe that no one has sussed it, them smeg / devils 360 guys seem to have got it down to tee, all i get is 17 gb movie files with no audio??? there must be something missing somewhere, any of the big boys got any ideas or want to write a tutorial?
Thanks.
aka DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 00:30   #56  |  Link
NHRaider

I hear ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka DaMacFunkin View Post
I have been watching this thread with interest now for a while and i can't believe that no one has sussed it, them smeg / devils 360 guys seem to have got it down to tee, all i get is 17 gb movie files with no audio??? there must be something missing somewhere, any of the big boys got any ideas or want to write a tutorial?
Thanks.
Oliverdb started his thread and created the draft but it needs a lot more information to complete the cycle. Some of these "experts" should document this tutorial on how to convert HD-DVD to WMV9 so they don't get upset with people asking dumb questions or hijacking certain threads.

I've gone through this process and still need a few pointers but at a minimum here are the topics which need to be discussed.

1) Filters. Understanding the type of movie converted and the various combination of filters to use on them...for example, for Video: use File Sources (asych) > Demux > video decoder. Audio is a WHOLE other ballgame. Now you don't use File Sources (asynch) but need a modified version of the DTS/AC3/DD+ source (which of course I can't seem to find googling). Then there is the audio decoder. If I use Intervideo you only get 2 channel. If you use AC3, I get sounds like chipmunks. I get sonic cinemaster 4.2 but that is only 2 channel as well (even though the muxer says 6).

2) AVS files...pretty straight forward

3) WMCmd.vbs... this has it's own thread with some presets. Of course the presets don't stream via my Helios media player since some setting can't be broadcast. The audio again seems to need clarification of applying EVO demux analysis for selecting which output -a_setting.
* BUT I was just recently told that 6 channel on 24 bitsPerSample is huge and I need 3 other thingys to output to 6 mono then put them back together again!!!

If someone could explain this tutorial a little better, we can all live happily ever after...but until that time, of course, I'll still be asking stupid questions!

I've managed to be able to take 20GB HD-DVD and create 8GB WMV9 files that are pretty good video quality...just want more than 2 channels! The search goes on...

Last edited by NHRaider; 15th April 2007 at 02:36.
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:44   #57  |  Link
rancor187

Graphedit Video_only

i tried to do this with my 2 hddvd's but having some problems creating "video_only.grf". When i add the EVO file, GraphEdit hangs.

I never used Graphedit before, so can anyone please explain me how to create this "video" GRF-File step by step?

thanks a lot.
rancor187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 07:45   #58  |  Link
olivierdb

@rancor187:

1. Open GraphEdit
2. Select Graph>Insert Filters... from the menu
3. Expand the DirectShow Filters list by clicking on the "+" sign
4. Click on the button "Insert Filetr"
5. In the dialog box that opens, select the VC-1 file that you will have created with EVO Demux (if you select an EVO file directly, you'll probably be missing the second EVO file corresponding to the second half of your HD movie)
6. Add the remaining filters and link the appropriate PINs.

Hope this helps!
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:06   #59  |  Link
wolly6973

I have been trying to get this working for a while(5 days). I believe that I have done all the steps of the tutorial correctly, and I added in the audio setting to my script, but when I try to encode it doesn't work. In my output text file it says that it "failed to retrieve source duration from plug-in" and in the wmv file created there is a message "Timeout waiting for graph to start" Any ideas? If you need some more info I will be happy to provide it as I would really like to get this working.
wolly6973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:36   #60  |  Link
rtyall

Quote:
I can stream VOB files and ISO files through Wizd and the Helios player. I've been screwing around with this thread so I can convert HD-DVD to WMV9 HD so I can stream with the same configuration. Until they upgrade to stream EVO files or some image backup of EVO then we will still be stuck doing the conversions.

BTW...I'm still stuck on the 2 channel output for DD+

I just got Discovery Brazil and used AC3 off the Dts/DD source filter and that was able to play 6 channels! but it isn't dd+ or the true HD

Sonic was the only one I got to work with DD+ but the 4.2 decoder for audio is ONLY 2 channels...

I've got zero hits on any suggestions beyond that so far...

wtf.
Just wondering, but have you checked in control panel and made sure that both your system settings are set to 5.1 speakers as well as the Sonic Cinemaster audio settings?
You would need both set to 5.1 before it'll work.
rtyall is offline   Reply With Quote