Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 16th March 2008, 03:00   #421  |  Link
gurthang117

Seph, do you know of any other movies that need a delay on the audio to be in sync?
gurthang117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 23:06   #422  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthang117 View Post
Seph, do you know of any other movies that need a delay on the audio to be in sync?
EAC3TO normally applies the delay for you so just bear in mind what EAC3TO applies should you have to run it via time delays or sync issues.
Sephiroth0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 17:45   #423  |  Link
Heidemann

Well I finally finished reading through all the pages and there is a lot of great information. So I wanted to test Sephs guide on 300. I used the first stream which I guess is 1080P.

The encoding time was estimated at 49 hrs but at 41 hrs into the encoding I received a memory error and the encoding quit. The resulting WMV still plays and I can skip around the timeline without issue and it seems to have encoded the whole movie. The issue is that on some computers including my xbox the movie gets very choppy. Is this due to the encoding not finishing or something else?

My second question is how do I resize the movie to 720P since that is all my tv supports? I saw how you can use avsynth but I am not sure what the script would look like.
Heidemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 14:41   #424  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidemann View Post
Well I finally finished reading through all the pages and there is a lot of great information. So I wanted to test Sephs guide on 300. I used the first stream which I guess is 1080P.

The encoding time was estimated at 49 hrs but at 41 hrs into the encoding I received a memory error and the encoding quit. The resulting WMV still plays and I can skip around the timeline without issue and it seems to have encoded the whole movie. The issue is that on some computers including my xbox the movie gets very choppy. Is this due to the encoding not finishing or something else?

My second question is how do I resize the movie to 720P since that is all my tv supports? I saw how you can use avsynth but I am not sure what the script would look like.
Right if the file is choppy it is because the encode did not finish off properly or something may be conflicting software wise which you should check in on. With regards to making it 720P DO THE FOLLOWING UNDER your AVS. video script after you state the frame rate and what not...

Simple36Resize (1280,720)

Im sure that is all you put to downsize it which is also going to cut down the encode time.
Sephiroth0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 02:15   #425  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Actually, Spline36Resize(1280,int((height*2/3)/4)*4)

It's a big mess but all it does is keep the original aspect ratio if it isn't exactly 1920x1080 after cropping. Alternately you can crop after the resize.

You can run the wmv through asftools to reindex it, which may fix the choppiness if that's the problem. If not, it may simply be encoded with too high a bitrate.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 21:49   #426  |  Link
Ytterbium

I've been trying to follow this guide and some other infomation around doom9, I was trying to use the following settings

Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -input "Video.avs" -output "Video.wmv" -
v_codec WVC1 -videoonly -v_mode 4 -v_bitrate 8000000 -v_peakbitrate 12000000 -v_keydist 30 -v_preset better
However the -v_msrange setting causes the video to corrupted, I'm keep to keep the settings as they should give good quality output any idea?
Ytterbium is offline   Reply With Quote