Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 7th February 2002, 02:43   #1  |  Link
21er

Burned .cue via N5572 - Made 2 coasters?

Okay, encoded on my system last nite. Went to do a test burn of CD1 so I moved the .cue and the .bin to my other PC with the burner via network. Fired up Nero 5572 and burned at 4x as per the FAQ. I jam it into my standalone (Worked with friends test-svcd) and I get a "No Disk". Jam it into my pc and it hangs. Nero reports "Blank Media" but will not write to it (duh). It was suggested that I shut off chapters during encoding. Any ideas?

Current Setup-
Software:
DVD2SVCD 1.0.6 b4
CCE SP2.50
Win2k SP2

Burner HW:
Amd Ath1.4
Mitsumi 4809TE CD-RW
Win 2k SP2
512MB

Any ideas on the creation of the coasters? I tried 2 burns. One at 4x and one at 2x. Memorex 80Min CD-W Media.
21er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2002, 03:12   #2  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Try VCDeasy. Some people report problems with Nero.
You can find a link and a guide in the Newbie FAQ.

I personally prefer CDRWIN, but it's commercial.

Mark
Old 7th February 2002, 03:24   #3  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi 21er,

sounds to be a dumb question, but don't laugh, as i don't know how experienced you are and there were similar questions in this forum which ended up that the users didn't know how to burn with Nero.

So don't take it personal.

How did you burn the *.cue files? I hope by closing the wizard/new compilation window at Nero's start. Then you used the "Burn Image..." command in "File" menu and chose the *.cue file - right? If not you might have done something wrong - i hope you not just dragged the *.cue and the *.bin file to a new compilation.

If you have done it the right way, it could be some kind of trouble with the DVD player not recognizing the media properly (try another brand instead) or some players just read CD-RW media. Also as Mark mentioned Nero seems to not work properly on some systems. (Although, i have a Mitsumi 4804TE and Nero works perfect with it.)

Greetings,
gerti67
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
gerti67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2002, 03:53   #4  |  Link
21er

Coasters

{sounds to be a dumb question, but don't laugh, as i don't know how {experienced you are and there were similar questions in this forum {which ended up that the users didn't know how to burn with Nero.

{So don't take it personal.

{How did you burn the *.cue files? I hope by closing the wizard/new {compilation window at Nero's start. Then you used the "Burn {Image..." command in "File" menu and chose the *.cue file - right? {If not you might have done something wrong - i hope you not just {dragged the *.cue and the *.bin file to a new compilation.

Heh.. I didn't take it personally. Ya, I closed the wizard and went to File-->Burn Image-->FILE.cue . It seems wierd as it appears that it's not "closing" the CD. I will try the other program mentioned plus I am re-encoding with no chapters. Kinda wierd.
Old 7th February 2002, 05:34   #5  |  Link
fgm

Re: Burned .cue via N5572 - Made 2 coasters?

Quote:
Originally posted by 21er
Went to do a test burn of CD1 so I moved the .cue and the .bin to my other PC with the burner via network
Did you modify the .cue file to point to the new location of the .bin file? DVD2SVCD used to output absolute addresses in the .cue file. You can also modify the .cue file to use relative addresses.

If you did modify the .cue file then check that you don't have a NIC with a Realtek 8139A or 8139B chip on a motherboard with a VIA chipset on either machine. The Realtek's 8139A/B don't mix with VIA's chipsets and they corrupt files. I had this problem once and I had to change NICs (Realtek's 8139C is OK).

To prove network corruption download an MD5 generator and obtain an MD5 signature before you transfer a large file through the network. Transfer your MD generator and the original signature to the other computer WITH A FLOPPY, obtain a new signature of the transferred file and compare signatures.

Good luck.
fgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2002, 15:32   #6  |  Link
21er

Re: Re: Burned .cue via N5572 - Made 2 coasters?

Quote:
Originally posted by fgm

Did you modify the .cue file to point to the new location of the .bin file? DVD2SVCD used to output absolute addresses in the .cue file. You can also modify the .cue file to use relative addresses.

If you did modify the .cue file then check that you don't have a NIC with a Realtek 8139A or 8139B chip on a motherboard with a VIA chipset on either machine. The Realtek's 8139A/B don't mix with VIA's chipsets and they corrupt files. I had this problem once and I had to change NICs (Realtek's 8139C is OK).

Good luck.
Nope. I did not modify the .cue file. I did run thru it to doublecheck things tho. It doesn't appear to put the absolute path in the .bin lines so it should be okay in that respect.

Yes, I have several 8139B NICS in my computers. I have read the linux-kernel source for the 3139.o file and it does say, "The 8139A/B is a card that is re-defining low-end". Although I have never had any problems before. I will re-verify my transfers with an MD5sum util just to make sure.

I was successful in creating a working svcd this morning. Seems that turning off the chapters worked. I was able to just burn the .mpg file to a test cd in Nero as svcd and it worked fine (Even at 48khz).

Thanks!
Old 7th February 2002, 20:59   #7  |  Link
Labersack

@fgm
What you say was right some time ago. But right now with the newest version the .cue doesn't contain the path in it, only the filename. DVD2SVCD changed this (Thanks, I praid a long time for this feature).
So with the newest builds the pathname is no more a problem.
Labersack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2002, 06:18   #8  |  Link
Wil

Same problem.

I do not have a solution or suggestion, but maybe this additional info can shed some light on this subject.

N5572 burned .cue and reported a successful burn..
{I did not drag and drop the .cue file. I used the Burn Image PROCEDURE}.
Disk is not accessible in explorer.
Nero's Medium info reports "The Medium is empty",
but any attempt to burn on the same disk fails.

Tried several times at lower speeds with same results.

Burned the .bin as Image Type 'Data Mode 1' and checked RAW data.
Disk can now be accessed in Explorer.
It seems disk has the proper structure.
Playing it in WinDVD shows only the Logo and
then the Change disk image after a few seconds.
Adding the AVSEQ01.mpg file to the playlist will show the movie.

HW: AMD 1800XP
Soyo VIA266A Dragon+
256MB
ATI 7500 Radeon
ACER 24x10x40 CD-RW
SW: WIN98SE
Nero 5572.
DVD2SVCD Ver 1.0.6 Build 1
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2002, 15:02   #9  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi Wil,

try to enable "overburn" (if not already done) by checking the checkbox "Enable overburn ..." in "Expert Features" tab under "File/Preferences..." menu just to be on the safe side that Nero has enough space to correctly close the session and write the lead out.

Also, there is a new Recorder update available at the Nero download site for 5.5.7.2 (it is for an AOpen 24x10x40x but sometimes burners of different brands are the same and perhaps it could correct some issues for your Acer, too, as it perhaps uses the same driver) and as a last try there is a newer wnaspi32.dll for Win2k/XP to download. See if it can solve the issue for you. (Just a vague guess though)

If this all not works, try a different burning software. For me Fireburner (2.1.7 is the latest) works perfect, too (when using the Nero Aspi), but be aware some users reporting troubles with it and speaking of corrupt SVCDs (that's why it is not recommended anymore).

Greetings,
gerti67
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
Old 8th February 2002, 20:39   #10  |  Link
Wil

Thanks for the response Gerti67,
I already had in Nero Overburn enabled and the max CD length set to 99'.
I'm still running Win98SE (stable and gets the job done), I do not know if the new wnaspi32.dll is for me. I will make another compilation tonight setting CD size to 740MB and not using Overburn.
I keep you posted.

Thanks
Wil
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2002, 22:03   #11  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi Wil,

as a last guess (if you want to stay with Nero for burning) you could try to burn the image with the "Track-At-Once" write method in "Write CD" window as some burners have some issues when writting images that consist of more than one track with "Disc-At-Once" method.

But it's just a guess.

Greetings,
gerti67