Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 24th February 2006, 23:20   #341  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Currently, you can export the whole edited menu to a file, and edit this file with a text editor. Just remove the informations you don't want to import. Then, reimport that file over all menus. It's easy.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 19:29   #342  |  Link
voo_doo99

Feature request

r0lZ,

I like preview . It would be awesome if PgcEdit can integrate a Tiny Preview [a` la VobBlanker ]. But knowing screen real estate is premium, I will be just as happy if you could add this feature: After I bring up the Preview screen, can PgcEdit keep it on and dynamically feed the screen with video from any PGC I clicked on. I could, basically, go up and down the PGC Selector pane and preview anything on-click instantly. It would be a quick way to locate logos, warnings, trailers, extras and apply "Kill Playback", ...

The problem, as I can see now, is the Preview goes away when the focus changed in the main screen; but presumably, when a PGC is selected PgcEdit could detect presence of the Preview, bring it back on top, and feed it the PGC video.

Cool will it be, not?
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 19:47   #343  |  Link
jeanl

voo_doo99, we thought about doing that in the early days but it turned out that sending commands from tcl-tk to another app wasn't that easy (and getting info back, too!)... Integrating the preview would require wrapping it as a dll, which I think wouldn't be impossible, but that's quite a bit of work, and I'm not entirely sure you could really integrate the display that well....

jeanl
Old 25th February 2006, 20:31   #344  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl
voo_doo99, we thought about doing that in the early days but it turned out that sending commands from tcl-tk to another app wasn't that easy (and getting info back, too!)... Integrating the preview would require wrapping it as a dll, which I think wouldn't be impossible, but that's quite a bit of work, and I'm not entirely sure you could really integrate the display that well....

jeanl
jeanl,
I understand tcl-tk would not lend well to the integrated preview idea, but I thought the other option is very doable. Currently, the PGC Preview can be triggered by the Display toolbar button, or the shortcut [Ctrl-P]. Reassign this trigger to the PGC Click event does not seem hard. The good thing is the Preview screen goes to background and does not interfere with any other PgcEdit operation.
Old 25th February 2006, 23:46   #345  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That's another problem. I can add easily an option to launch the preview automatically whenever a PGC is selected, but I will still have to launch it the current way. Still currently an external app is launched, I can't prevent Windows to open the new window on top. Even if I force the focus on the main PgcEdit window, the preview app will probably steal it, because it is launched in the background, and I cannot know when I need to issue the focus command.
Will try...
Old 26th February 2006, 01:40   #346  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

v0.6.4 beta 5

OK, I have added a checkbox near the PGC selector dropdown menu to enable the automatic preview. When this checkbox is ticked, the preview is launched automatically when you select a PGC (with cells) manually.
However, I can't find a solution to force the main window to keep the focus. But that's not the most important thing, is it?

You can download v0.6.4 beta 5 here.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th February 2006 at 11:04.
Old 26th February 2006, 04:00   #347  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
OK, I have added a checkbox near the PGC selector dropdown menu to enable the automatic preview. When this checkbox is ticked, the preview is launched automatically when you select a PGC (with cells) manually.
Expertly done, I am estatic. Master builder rolZ, you are awesome.

Quote:
However, I can't find a solution to force the main window to keep the focus. But that's not the most important thing, is it?
The most important thing is main PgcEdit operations was not impeded, which was expertly handled with the AutoPreview switch. In AutoPreview mode, the focus switched as expected; I could quickly preview and did all my "Kill Playback" in this mode [one task removed from IfoEdit].

Oh, I see what you meant. If I had multiple apps open, PgcEdit main windows would go behind other app when it lost focus; BUT if I minimized all apps except PgcEdit then it worked great. Not a problem for me, I am happy camper.

[Got it done so fast too, I must've pushed the right button ]

Last edited by voo_doo99; 26th February 2006 at 04:03.
Old 26th February 2006, 06:05   #348  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Small write error: v0.6.5 beta 5
I think the v0.6.4 beta 5 am meant.

BtW: Thanks r0lZ!

Last edited by mad-eddy; 26th February 2006 at 06:07.
mad-eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 09:48   #349  |  Link
jinjin_jp

IFO correction after processing by Title Writer

Is it possible to correct IFO which is corrresponding to change Number of Title Play Maps of VMG_PTT_SPRT of VIDEO_TS.IFO.
(and change Number of Number of Video Title Sets of VMG_VTS_ATRT, too, if possible.)

The reason is below.
I tried TitleWriter 2.5 to add menu to DVD-Video re-authored by DVDShrink. It has 3 titles(=VTS), each which has 2 chapters, 2 audio, and 2 subpictures, and it is small for test.
I used "Menu4Episodic" as MenuTemplate.
(I think 3 titles(=VTS) and template "Menu4Episodic" is a little iregullar and not match, so it needs to correction.)

The results involve several problems(*) , and almost can be resolved by correction using PgcEdit. But I couldn't correct by PgcEdit only one above-mentioned. This time it was resolved by IfoEdit.

This problem was when TraceMode of Pgc Edit, can't go forward.
Then shown in right-bottom of GUI,
-- pre 5 : (JumpTT) Jump to Title 3
####### Target not found!
I think the reason is refer to the recognization of Title No of VTS_03.
DVD PGCs Info is
************ VTST 1 , 1 TTN 1 (4:02) Title 1 ********
************ VTST 2 , 1 TTN 1 (4:54) Title 2 ****************
************ VTST 3 , 1 TTN 1 (4:40) Title 4 ************
By the way, there is no problem when playback with player(PowerDVD).

I tried to find the method of correction by PgcEdit, and thought "Remap Title Number" is near, but couldn't correct.

By the way, (*) is,
(1)correct stream(audio, subpicture) of VMGM. (It is corrected only by open and save with PgcEdit.)
(2)delete over-numbered chapters by EditChapter(PTT)table.
(3)In audio-subpicture Menu, hide buttons which is not used.
(4)In Episodic Menu and Chapter Menu, correct Adjacent button (problematic if it is disabled button), and correct Width and Height (problematic because it is 0 processed with TitleWriter.)

Last edited by jinjin_jp; 26th February 2006 at 10:16.
jinjin_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 11:04   #350  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-eddy
Small write error: v0.6.5 beta 5
I think the v0.6.4 beta 5 am meant.

BtW: Thanks r0lZ!
Right. I have fixed the version number in my post above.
Old 26th February 2006, 11:16   #351  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@jinjin_jp
I don't understand your problem.

If PgcEdit finds only Titles 1, 2 and 4, it's probably because there are 4 titles referenced in the VMG_TT_SRPT table, and title 3 refers to a non-existant PGC. Right?
In this case, it is normal that the trace fails when trying to access Title 3.

PgcEdit requires a correctly authored DVD as input. It has no methods to fix a wrong title map. Sorry.

BTW, could you send me your original IFOs (before your corrections) so that I could analyse the problem? It is strange that PowerDVD plays it without problem, so, it could be a bug in PgcEdit.
Old 26th February 2006, 12:28   #352  |  Link
jinjin_jp

@r0lZ
Sorry not to explain well.
I sent the files.
(1)original IFO Files, re-authored by DVD Shrink, before processed by Title Writer.
(2)IFO and Menu VOB files, after processed by Title Writer.

And adding explanation a little below.
Old 26th February 2006, 13:31   #353  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the IFOs. I have analysed the problem now.
In the original IFOs, you have 3 titles, each one is TTN 1 of, respectively, VTS 1, 2 and 3.
In the reauthored DVD, an new title is created in the VMG_TT_SRPT table! As you can see in the image posted above, both titles 3 and 4 are assigned to the same TTN in VTS 3! I'm almost sure it's illegal.

When PgcEdit parses the IFOs, it assigns the title number to the entry PGC of the title. Since Title 4 is defined after title 3, the original number 3 is overwritten by the new one, 4. And PgcEdit cannot find title 3 any more.
But a player should be able to use either the title 3 or 4 to jump to TTN 1 of VTS 4, because it looks in VMG_TT_SRPT to find out the match between the title number and the VTS and TTN numbers.

I don't know what you did to have this new title in VMG_TT_SRPT. There is probably a bug in TitleWriter.
I can't fix this problem easily in PgcEdit, but it's a chance that the trace has failed. As you said, it's easy to fix the problem with IfoEdit, by changing the number of title play maps to 3.

I will try to add a check for this situation, and issue a warning.

Maybe you should try to redo the whole reauthoring, and verify after each step if the VMG_TT_SRPT table is still correct. This way, we coud know for sure from where the problem is coming from. Thanks for your help!
Old 26th February 2006, 14:08   #354  |  Link
jinjin_jp

@r0lZ
Thanks for the reply. I've thought these problems are illegal, too. So I want to correct IFO and others.
Quote:
(a)change Number of Title Play Maps of VMG_PTT_SPRT of VIDEO_TS.IFO.
(b)change Number of Number of Video Title Sets of VMG_VTS_ATRT.
(1)correct stream(audio, subpicture) of VMGM. (It is corrected only by open and save with PgcEdit.)
(2)delete over-numbered chapters by EditChapter(PTT)table.
(3)In audio-subpicture Menu, hide buttons which is not used.
(4)In Episodic Menu and Chapter Menu, correct Adjacent button (problematic if it is disabled button), and correct Width and Height (problematic because it is 0 processed with TitleWriter.)
Then I wanted to know whether or not to be able by only PgcEdit. I will use IfoEdit for (a) and (b).
Thanks.
Old 26th February 2006, 15:09   #355  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

v 0.6.4 beta 6

OK, I have added a check, and it is now possible to remove automatically the last entry in VMG_TT_SRPT. It should work in your case. (But honestly, I think this bug should be fixed in TitleWriter instead of using this workaround in PgcEdit. The problem with TitleWriter is that it doesn't really create the menus, and therefore it uses a fixed number of Titles.)

If there are several bad titles in the same DVD, you will have to reload the DVD several times in PgcEdit to remove all bad entries. Note that it's possible ONLY if all bad entries are at the end of the table.

I check also the VMG_TT_SRPT entries for references to non-existing PGCs.

I think that the VMG_VTS_ATRT table is 'fixed' anyway when you save the DVD, but I'm not sure. Could you test it?

Download PgcEdit 0.6.4 beta 6 (for Windows)
Old 26th February 2006, 15:55   #356  |  Link
jinjin_jp

@r0lZ
Thanks for new beta6. I tested and confirmed it works well. VMG_VTS_ATRT is always corrected and VMG_VTS_ATRT is corrected if wanted.

I think these problems are bug or feature restriction(use MenuTemplate of 4 Titles for re-authored of 3 Titles) of TitleWriter, too. But author of TitleWriter seems not to join this Forum but another Forum. Now I think I can't join 2 Forums of English considering my ability of English. I want to request to author sometime.
Old 26th February 2006, 18:05   #357  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the confirmation, jinjin_jp.
Old 26th February 2006, 18:38   #358  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

v 0.6.4 beta 7

Last beta for today: v 0.6.4 beta 7. 3 betas the same day is enough!

I have added the function to display the references from the FP-PGC and VMGM to the current VTS. Useful to check if a whole VTS is unreferenced and can be safely deleted, or to edit the references to make it unreferenced.

See here for the thread that motived this function.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th February 2006 at 18:43.
Old 27th February 2006, 01:18   #359  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Quote:
Last beta for today: v 0.6.4 beta 7. 3 betas the same day is enough!
No, i think 20 betas a day is enough

Thanks r0lZ
Old 27th February 2006, 09:24   #360  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

You've been busy r0lZ. 3 betas is a new record! Thanks for looking at that other problem I sent you too

@jinjinjp - the author of Titlewriter is FallenAngel. He is here, if I am not mistaken - his ID is Fallen. Either way, I will let him know of this thread. And your English is just fine.

EDIT: FallenAngel notified - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...027#post365027

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.

Last edited by blutach; 27th February 2006 at 13:47.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote