Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th February 2019, 16:30   #16681  |  Link
forkicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetBel View Post
After checking some working source files and some source files with error here is what I found:

In working source files the track order is video track (id 0), audio track (id 1), subtitle track (id 2) and charter. In sources with error the audio track is first (id 0) and the video track is second (id 1). For me it looks like that this is the problem. After changing the track order of a file with error Ripbot encoded it without a problem.
Just diagnosed this myself. This only became obvious when the program started clearing the video265 file. On the down side, this also means that any file where the video track was not the first one before was being incorrectly encoded (ie, it had the wrong video) before last ripbot version.

fK
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 19:57   #16682  |  Link
PetBel

I don’t know if it's necessary to send a sample because it's easy to create such a file. Simply create a mkv with one video and one audio track, set the order of the video and audio track so that audio is the first and video is the second track. Now try to encode it in distributed encoding (Like this I can reproduce the error with every mkv). I don't know if this also happens in single PC encoding.

I also don’t know if this is a bug in RipBot. At the moment I write a script to demux and remux my mkv's in the right track order (video first, audio second). But I think if it's possible to create such a file with mkvtoolnix (I think mkvtoolnix creates only mkv's in a correct way) any software should handle this file without an error.

Someone knows if it's possible to do this (change track order) without demux/remux the mkv? I tried to do it with mkvpropedit without success until now.

@Atak_Snajpera
But anyway, I really love Ripbot especially the distributed encoding.
PetBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 20:47   #16683  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I don’t know if it's necessary to send a sample because it's easy to create such a file. Simply create a mkv with one video and one audio track, set the order of the video and audio track so that audio is the first and video is the second track. Now try to encode it in distributed encoding (Like this I can reproduce the error with every mkv). I don't know if this also happens in single PC encoding.

I also don’t know if this is a bug in RipBot. At the moment I write a script to demux and remux my mkv's in the right track order (video first, audio second). But I think if it's possible to create such a file with mkvtoolnix (I think mkvtoolnix creates only mkv's in a correct way) any software should handle this file without an error.

Someone knows if it's possible to do this (change track order) without demux/remux the mkv? I tried to do it with mkvpropedit without success until now.

@Atak_Snajpera
But anyway, I really love Ripbot especially the distributed encoding.
Do not bother! It should be already fixed in next auto-update.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 13:18   #16684  |  Link
SKPN

video.265 could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Hello,

I started using RipBot about a week ago, and am loving the distributed encoding feature. However, the last two days, I've been getting errors at the end of the encoding process that causes the entire job to fail.

Here is the most recent error file:

Quote:
B:\>"B:\Installs\TV Stuff\RipBot264v1.24.0\EncodingClient.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

mkvmerge v31.0.0 ('Dolores In A Shoestand') 64-bit
Error: The file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 05h:35m:39s
When I look in the temp folder, the video.265 file does not exist, so it seems to be an error creating that file. I've tried changing the location of the temp folder, thinking it might be a permissions issue on C, but still receive the same error. It also occurs regardless of which PC I initiate the job from. The strange part is that it doesn't happen on every attempt. But my last three tries of encoding a 4K movie, I've received that error. It's very frustrating, especially since it doesn't happen until after the several hours of encoding are completed, and the progress is lost, forcing me to start over.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SKPN; 14th February 2019 at 13:29.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 13:42   #16685  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
Hello,

I started using RipBot about a week ago, and am loving the distributed encoding feature. However, the last two days, I've been getting errors at the end of the encoding process that causes the entire job to fail.

Here is the most recent error file:

When I look in the temp folder, the video.265 file does not exist, so it seems to be an error creating that file. I've tried changing the location of the temp folder, thinking it might be a permissions issue on C, but still receive the same error. It also occurs regardless of which PC I initiate the job from. The strange part is that it doesn't happen on every attempt. But my last three tries of encoding a 4K movie, I've received that error. It's very frustrating, especially since it doesn't happen until after the several hours of encoding are completed, and the progress is lost, forcing me to start over.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) Verify that all X.265 files have been created in RipBot264temp\jobX\Chunks
2) If yes then execute via console RipBot264temp\jobX\Chunks\CombineAllChunks.cmd
3) If video.265 has been created then execute RipBot264temp\jobX\jobX_MuxFiles.cmd

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 14th February 2019 at 13:44.
Old 14th February 2019, 13:57   #16686  |  Link
PetBel

another problem

Looks like the stability of the 1.24 is not yet as good as with 1.23. From time to time I have the problem that encoding stops. When checking the Encoding Client window it looks like in the attachement.

After aborting encoding in the RipBot window Encoding Client window looks normal with text "Aborting..." in the top left corner but its frozen. I have to kill the encoding client task to close the window.

I'm not sure yet but at the moment I think this happens if a Server PC is for example turned off (connection to server is lost) while encoding.

Are there any log files I can check to get more information about what happens?

Name:  Encoding Client 1.png
Views: 1815
Size:  18.6 KB
Old 14th February 2019, 14:33   #16687  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

I'm having an issue with a set of video files but not others...
The issue is I add the job fine, AVISynth Preview even works, and a 10s clip also encodes (auto-switches to non-DE mode).
When I try to encode the whole file or a 122s clip (tries DE mode) the file never encodes.
I noticed the video.mkv never gets made in the job folder. I tried manually adding that but that didn't help. The RipBot264 Encoding Server errors:
Quote:
Encoding started...
""\\ComputerName\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\ComputerName\RipBot264temp\job34\Chunks\2.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\ComputerName\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --crf 22 --fps 25 --min-keyint 25 --keyint 250 --frames 1500 --sar 1:1 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --aq-mode 3 --ref=5 --bframes=8 --rc-lookahead=60 --max-merge=5 --limit-refs=0 --no-weightp --weightb --b-intra --psy-rd=1.5 --ctu 32 --y4m --pools "+" --output "\\ComputerName\RipBot264temp\job34\Chunks\2.265" -"
The system cannot find the path specified.
122s sample file that errors: https://mega.nz/#!BoxXAIxC!TBj0NpDhE...pkpO4refLDrbcU

Isn't happening on all jobs but is with a few files like the one linked.

Last edited by byteshare; 14th February 2019 at 14:53.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2019, 14:36   #16688  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Looks like the stability of the 1.24 is not yet as good as with 1.23. From time to time I have the problem that encoding stops. When checking the Encoding Client window it looks like in the attachement.

After aborting encoding in the RipBot window Encoding Client window looks normal with text "Aborting..." in the top left corner but its frozen. I have to kill the encoding client task to close the window.

I'm not sure yet but at the moment I think this happens if a Server PC is for example turned off (connection to server is lost) while encoding.

Are there any log files I can check to get more information about what happens?

Attachment 16729
1.24 has more logging, but I can't see your picture. Generally better to post a link from an image hosting site than attaching here.

It sounds like it might be like this issue I reported:
Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
In one of the most recent updates the "Abort" / "Start" stopped working properly for me under these conditions:
1. I start a job and at some "Abort" the job.
2. I try to "Start" the jobs again.
3. A job will never start, rather it gets stuck on the "Please Wait....Gathering information..." and also gets stuck "Aborting..."

I have to kill the Encoding Client, close RipBot and restart RipBot to get a job to start again.
This issue has been fixed from what I can test at some point in 1.24.

Last edited by byteshare; 14th February 2019 at 14:38.
Old 14th February 2019, 15:02   #16689  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I'm having an issue with a set of video files but not others...
The issue is I add the job fine, AVISynth Preview even works, and a 10s clip also encodes (auto-switches to non-DE mode).
When I try to encode the whole file or a 122s clip (tries DE mode) the file never encodes.
I noticed the video.mkv never gets made in the job folder. I tried manually adding that but that didn't help. The RipBot264 Encoding Server errors:

122s sample file that errors: https://mega.nz/#!BoxXAIxC!TBj0NpDhE...pkpO4refLDrbcU

Isn't happening on all jobs but is with a few files like the one linked.
Temporary solution is to remove + from file name.
Old 14th February 2019, 15:45   #16690  |  Link
PetBel

I don't click the Abort button. Encoding simply stops and the Encoding Client window looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/xVQ3qpd

Then I click the Abort button in Ripbot window -> Encoding Client window changes to normal view with Aborting... message but its frozen and I have to kill it's task to close the window.
Old 14th February 2019, 16:53   #16691  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Temporary solution is to remove + from file name.
I didn't even think about the filename, I guess it is like the files with Japanese in them. Thank you. I'll do that for now.
Old 14th February 2019, 16:54   #16692  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I don't click the Abort button. Encoding simply stops and the Encoding Client window looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/xVQ3qpd

Then I click the Abort button in Ripbot window -> Encoding Client window changes to normal view with Aborting... message but its frozen and I have to kill it's task to close the window.
Have you tried the newest version? I used to have issues with encoding stopping.
Old 14th February 2019, 17:07   #16693  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I didn't even think about the filename, I guess it is like the files with Japanese in them. Thank you. I'll do that for now.
Next update will fix that.
Old 14th February 2019, 19:13   #16694  |  Link
PetBel

Quote:
Have you tried the newest version? I used to have issues with encoding stopping.
Yes, I use the newest version.

Since last "crash" encoding is running with deactivated restart function (this is the third button after the On and Off at each server. Right?). Until now it's working. Maybe there is the problem. Will have a look at that for the next days.
Old 18th February 2019, 07:15   #16695  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:

Since last "crash" encoding is running with deactivated restart function (this is the third button after the On and Off at each server. Right?). Until now it's working. Maybe there is the problem. Will have a look at that for the next days.
I haven't had that issue on any of my machines, so it could be a bug specific to your setup...or I'm just getting lucky
Hope you find the cause.
Old 20th February 2019, 11:21   #16696  |  Link
PetBel

Quote:

After 5 days of distributed encoding with deactivated restart function without any crash I think there is the problem.

Don't know if there is something special with my configuration (I don't think so) or there is a bug in the restart function. I simply use it with deactivated restart function now and I am happy like this

@Atak_Snajpera
If there is a problem in restart function let me know if I can help you by doing some tests.
Old 21st February 2019, 14:00   #16697  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

Some issues with DE:
When activating the buttons for auto-reconnect near on/off in DE Client, Client becomes unresponsitive when one of the DE Servers crashes or becomes unresponsitive.
Even closing DE Server and restarting doesn't brings a solution. Client doesn't react anymore.
Closing client task in taskmanager doesn't allow a restart of client. At restart Client stays at collecting data.
Only restart of PC helps.

sometimes (but in each DE encoding job more than one time) one of the DE server becomes unresponsitive.
For example x264/x265 stays at last frame (e.g. 2887/2888). Decoder processor usage stays at around 5%, x264/x265 at 0.1%
So maybe a AviSynth-Problem? Happens with Denoise and without.

I have one DE Client on a i7-7700K machine (with one DE Server enabled) and four Ryzen 2700x as DE Servers.
All of them are Win10 Pro 17763.292/316 pure with AviSynth+ and Ripbot is actual.
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 14:57   #16698  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Some issues with DE:
When activating the buttons for auto-reconnect near on/off in DE Client, Client becomes unresponsitive when one of the DE Servers crashes or becomes unresponsitive.
Even closing DE Server and restarting doesn't brings a solution. Client doesn't react anymore.
Closing client task in taskmanager doesn't allow a restart of client. At restart Client stays at collecting data.
Only restart of PC helps.
I'm working on it right now... I've just noticed that I have some deadlocks in code.

Quote:
sometimes (but in each DE encoding job more than one time) one of the DE server becomes unresponsitive.
For example x264/x265 stays at last frame (e.g. 2887/2888). Decoder processor usage stays at around 5%, x264/x265 at 0.1%
So maybe a AviSynth-Problem? Happens with Denoise and without.
Yes, you are right. Something is wrong on AviSynth side. I suspect some problem with ffms2 plugin. Maybe it incorrectly reports number of frames to avisynth.
Old 21st February 2019, 17:39   #16699  |  Link
Ryushin

Subtitle Language

Is there an option to only extract subtitles in a certain language? For me, it would be nice to extract subtitles that are my local languge and unknown.

Maybe a box in settings where you can add which subtitles languages to extract.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2019, 18:12   #16700  |  Link
egres

3d mkv

It might sound like a stupid question, how do you rip a 3D movie and get a 3D rendered MKV ?
egres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360