Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th April 2012, 10:03   #7421  |  Link
realcams

Broadcast streams are encrypted

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
If the broadcast streams are encrypted you have to decrypt them first. Good luck with that!
The broadcast streams are encrypted, I can view the untouched ".ts" stream i.e. with VLC player without any problem.

Any idea how I am able to detect what multiAVCHD (or better AVSinfo.exe) "donīt like" in these streams?

realcams
realcams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 11:19   #7422  |  Link
BZeeme

AVSinfo

It's been a long time since I last used multiAVCHD so I can't be of much help (I too wish Dean would start working on it again).
AVSinfo.exe is not really needed. It can be deleted or renamed to something else (I chose BVSinfo.exe). AVSinfo.exe is located in the "tools" folder of multiAVCHD.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 23:59   #7423  |  Link
RanmaCanada

Thank you BZ. I renamed the AVSinfo, but then x264 and avs4x264 was crashing. But then I downloaded a copy of FFMS2, and moved the exe and the updated dll file into the tools directory, and x264 no longer crashes when I go to preview. It will also encode now. I had no luck without FFMS2 and your idea to rename AVSinfo. Thank you!
RanmaCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 07:53   #7424  |  Link
realcams

FFMS2 and x264

Hi RanmaCanada,

thanks for that idea.
What in detail did you update from FFMS2?

Made same and updated the three files contained
- FFMS2.avsi
- ffms2.dll
- ffmsindex.exe
to the \tools folder.

But no change, x264 is still crashing.

Many thanks and kindest regards

realcams
(Germany)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanmaCanada View Post
Thank you BZ. I renamed the AVSinfo, but then x264 and avs4x264 was crashing. But then I downloaded a copy of FFMS2, and moved the exe and the updated dll file into the tools directory, and x264 no longer crashes when I go to preview. It will also encode now. I had no luck without FFMS2 and your idea to rename AVSinfo. Thank you!
realcams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:53   #7425  |  Link
kinglerch

I searched this thread for this answer, but could not find it. Can I use multiAVCHD to add an audio track to an already authored BDMV but not touch the existing menus? If not, what tool can I use to do this or what other tools do I need to use with multiAVCHD to do this?
kinglerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 19:39   #7426  |  Link
nikknightt

audio gain

I'm having trouble with audio gain on a 6 channel AC3 file.
(it's a 720p .ts file)

I add the gain in db's within properties and click 'change' to save the setting but the authored files are not any louder..

I've tried selecting//de-selecting 'eac3to'
Anybody know what I'm missing?
Thanks
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 00:57   #7427  |  Link
nikknightt

On another project I'm trying to combine HD & DVD content into one BD disc.

The authored output is fine except the title thumbnail for the dvd file is blank on the menu screen.

Anybody know how to fix it? Is there a setting I'm missing?
Thanks.

here's what the log said:
[17:11:52] Creating title thumbnails for 1 titles (SLI)...
[17:11:55] Using user defined title image at 600 sec (00:10:00.000) for title #1!
[17:13:00] Failed to extract title thumbnail for title #1.

Last edited by nikknightt; 25th April 2012 at 01:18.
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 17:09   #7428  |  Link
laz305

Wow can't wait to try this out tonight, any ETA doing a 1:1 copy when compressing from about 40GB to 25GB? I've been told to save the 50GB to HDD first then compress correct? Cuz I did it before and it took 30hrs. using DVDFab lol

EDIT: Well looks like I'm never gonna find out cuz tsMuxer stops working and is crashing multiAVCHD, do I need tsMuxer? Can I remove it?

Last edited by laz305; 26th April 2012 at 11:37.
laz305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 16:31   #7429  |  Link
kinglerch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglerch View Post
I searched this thread for this answer, but could not find it. Can I use multiAVCHD to add an audio track to an already authored BDMV but not touch the existing menus? If not, what tool can I use to do this or what other tools do I need to use with multiAVCHD to do this?
I found it pretty easy to do this. There are a LOT of confusing uptions in multiAVCHD, though the author does try to help with descriptions when you hover above an option.

But essentially, to change the audio tracks without altering the menus, most of the options in multiAVCHD don't apply or do anything at all. All you have to do is throw your BDMV folder on the program, switch to "re-author mode", look at the audio streams for the title you are interested in, remove/add what you want, and push START. Pretty fast too. (end of worst user's guide to multiAVCHD)
kinglerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 11:13   #7430  |  Link
laz305

ok solved my problem, I was not ripping my BD first I was just drag&drop the BD files and run them so got tsmuxer error cuz was not ripped.
Old 28th April 2012, 21:56   #7431  |  Link
laz305

ok I'm totally lost, I am trying to do Bridesmaids and when it loads there are 168 compilations and says it's gonna be 30hrs. long and 200GB. Are you saying I have to sit there for hours and blank out over 140 compilations?

Last edited by laz305; 3rd May 2012 at 14:11.
Old 29th April 2012, 00:28   #7432  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
ok I'm totally lost, I am trying to do Bridesmaids and when it loads there are 168 compilations and says it's gonna be 30hrs. long and 200GB. Are you saying I have to sit there for hours and blank out over 140 compilations?
multiAVCHD has not been updated in quite some time, and it has some issues with certain type of authored Blu-rays, usually multi-m2ts titles and ones with two versions of the movie on one disc.
You should be using BD-RB, it will allow you to blank titles and audio that you don't want and will do full backups to BD-25, BD9 and BD5.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 00:53   #7433  |  Link
laz305

Omg Ty so much am trying it out now. Will post back tomorrow with my results. Yeah 3-4hrs. I can deal with but DVDFab has been taking 20-30hrs.

EDIT: Woke up and it failed with an error after 13GB

Last edited by laz305; 29th April 2012 at 14:49.
Old 30th April 2012, 21:29   #7434  |  Link
geminigod

Well this is strange. I was using multiavchd just fine a month ago, but now suddenly when I go to start the app it fails to start properly. The loading screen comes up, but then I get this weird calculator/spreadsheet icon on my task bar and nothing else. I mouse over the icon and it says "multiavchd v4.1 (build 770)". When I click on the icon nothing happens. There is no visible window on my desktop. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing changed. I am running Windows 7 (64bit).

Anyone have any thoughts what might be causing this? Other than some windows updates, I can't think of anything that has changed since I last used the program without incident.
geminigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 00:44   #7435  |  Link
setarip_old

@geminigod

Hi!

Depending on your system, that version of multiAVCHD may take as much as 25-30 seconds to start running after the opening screen appears...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 10:19   #7436  |  Link
geminigod

Well, nothing has changed for 6 hours now, so I am pretty sure that is not it! I am running on an i7 cpu.
geminigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 21:32   #7437  |  Link
laz305

Ok I am trying to turn my Tranformers 3 into an .mkv file and when I select either MKV (Xvid) or MKV (AVC) it creates an AVCHD folder. What am I doing wrong plz? Dam I knew it was too good to be true, I thought it was too easy lol
Old 1st May 2012, 22:22   #7438  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
Ok I am trying to turn my Tranformers 3 into an .mkv file and when I select either MKV (Xvid) or MKV (AVC) it creates an AVCHD folder. What am I doing wrong plz? Dam I knew it was too good to be true, I thought it was too easy lol
If you're trying to create an mkv file, why don''t you just use the tool that was designed to do it : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:25   #7439  |  Link
laz305

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
If you're trying to create an mkv file, why don''t you just use the tool that was designed to do it : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix
Awesome!!!! thx worked like a charm and fast too!!!!
Old 4th May 2012, 11:34   #7440  |  Link
varekai

Change font type for menu in MultiAVCHD?

Is there a way to change the default menu font type listed in MultiAVCHD?
Trying to use a different, not listed, font but it doesn't show up.
Any workaround?

Regards
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author