Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th October 2006, 23:02   #61  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

No, I haven't. Rockas's installer, the one that comes with DVD Rebuilder is good enough for everyone and is the Official Installer. Why use anything else?

There is no guide needed and I dunno what is published at AD as I don't visit there. You just push next and if you use CCE or Procoder, follow the prompts to set that up.

There is a guide written by cynthia at digital digest, but again, I do not feel it necessary.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 23:32   #62  |  Link
gonwk

Hi Blutach,

Thanks for getting back so soon ...

You are right ... after I re-read the instructions in this sticky coulpe of times, I got thru ... my confusion was with CCE and Ecl files ...

Thanks again,
G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 10:04   #63  |  Link
freewheeling

Update 2: I guess I'm a double idiot because I thought DVD Rebuilder Pro would produce an iso file and it just produces the folders. I can't find a parameter where I can even tell it to produce an iso file, just whether it burns directly to disc without an iso file, and there's a burn iso to disc parameter. I used the Rockas installer to install the thing. Also, it doesn't seem to name the output folder correctly. Instead of using the name from the original folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder it just names it something like DVD_FILES. With a generic name like that I can't just set an output folder because not only doesn't it produce an iso file, but it would just overwrite a previous rip. Why isn't there a user manual, or at least some decent help files. Very confusing.

Update 3: I should just delete this. I hadn't installed the package correctly after migration to a new computer, which is why it wasn't working the way I expected. I also gather that CCE isn't what it's cracked up to be, and fortunately it was impossible to navigate their site in order to buy something anyway. I'm using QuEnc because it was described as the best "free" decoder, even though it's rating was just "very good." Live and learn.

Original Post: I can't get this to work. I always get a message that "No CCE path has been set" so I must have indicated somewhere that I wanted to use the CCE encoder, but I'm not going to buy it and can't even make sense of their product page. I've set the path for the HC encoder, so why isn't that being used??

Update: OK, I'm an idiot. Too used to using BD Rebuilder and didn't notice that there was an "HC Mode." Sorry.

Last edited by freewheeling; 27th May 2011 at 18:23.
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote