Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2013, 10:49   #2981  |  Link
Marsu42
Huba Huba

If I queue a folder via one click encoder, the queue stops on the first error encountered. Is there an option to make MeGUI just skip to the next file in this case and not stop processing completely?

If I queue files manually one by one is skips errors and imho this is the sound behavior :-o ... sorry if I'm overlooking the obvious here.
Old 4th May 2013, 11:35   #2982  |  Link
Zathor

In which job type do you have the error?
Old 4th May 2013, 16:33   #2983  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke83 View Post
can you add chapter box in the onclick encoder presets?
Please explain in more detail what you need/want.
Old 4th May 2013, 18:41   #2984  |  Link
luke83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please explain in more detail what you need/want.
I mean the space in which i can set the chapter file. There is one of it in OneClick Encoder->Andvances Config ("Chapter file" field) but not in the preset

I would like to have the same field in the OneClick Preset. When i encode serials (serial tv, cartoon, anime) that have the same duration, I use the same chapter file for each episode.

Sorry if my english is not clear but i'm italian

Btw great software
Old 4th May 2013, 20:49   #2985  |  Link
Marsu42
Huba Huba

Quote:
In which job type do you have the error?
The last one I encountered was when converting an wmv file (other similar wmv worked, but this seems to be broken), but megui also stopped the queue when failing to demux the audio from mp4 and various other reasons I don't quite remember anymore - basically for me whenever some tool exits with an errorlevel the whole queue is stopped instead of jumping to the next file to process.

[Information] [04.05.2013 13:59:11] Job commandline: "C\meGUI\tools\ffms\ffmsindex.exe" -t -1 -f "completely_legal_file.wmv" "C:\TEMP\qehrms1o.wvn\completely_legal_file.ffindex"
[Information] [04.05.2013 13:59:11] Indexing started
[Error] [04.05.2013 13:59:14] Process exits with error: 1

UPDATE: I think there's something wrong with ffmsindex.exe handling: If I run the above command in an own batch file it doesn't return an errorlevel and works just fine - only megui fails when trying to run it with the above not very verbose error description.

Last edited by Marsu42; 9th May 2013 at 09:57.
Old 6th May 2013, 19:40   #2986  |  Link
rhaz

Hi. I am using MeGUI 2341 and it works great its greatest tool of all time. So what I basically do is do some .mp4 encodes and then mux together with audio via MP4 Muxer. Now this one video has -200ms delay and when I set that delay in the muxer it gives me output of same movie, but shrinked in quality by double and merged together twice. So what I mean is that if I don't touch the delay option I get 1.44GB size movie of duration 1h 33mn and if I add -200 to Delay field I get same 1.44GB, but shrinked in quality and merged twice and total length is over 3 hours! This sounds ridicilous, but I tried that already ten times and I get same result. How's that even possible? I just want to sync my video with audio and mux it.

I am using Windows 8 x64, but x32 MeGUI and its tools. The audio is encoded as AAC in .mp4 format, the video file is also in .mp4 encoded using x264.
Old 6th May 2013, 20:51   #2987  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ rhaz:

The developers will certainly ask you to publish a log file of the wrong job, to analyze the used command line calls to encoder and multiplexer.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 6th May 2013, 20:56   #2988  |  Link
rhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
@ rhaz:

The developers will certainly ask you to publish a log file of the wrong job, to analyze the used command line calls to encoder and multiplexer.
Also can I add that I have noticed other MP4 muxers don't have option to select negative delay like MP4BOX. So is there any solution to mux MP4 with negative delay?
Old 13th May 2013, 13:19   #2989  |  Link
docholliday

Good day,

I want to add two or three jobs in MeGuI.Is it possible ? How can i do that ?
Old 13th May 2013, 13:33   #2990  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

You would usually click the "Queue" buttons in the related areas (e.g. "Video encoding" or "Audio" part of the "Input" tab, or finishing one of the Muxer dialogs) after filling the fields with all required input files and options. Then a job is added to the job queue. They are executed sequentially after you press the "Start" button in the "Queue" tab.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th May 2013, 13:57   #2991  |  Link
docholliday

Yes,but when i click AutoEncode and fix something then finally click "Queue" tab MeGUI start to encode,but I want to add more jobs.How can i fix it ?
Old 13th May 2013, 14:02   #2992  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Do not use "AutoEncode", because it automatically starts the job. Instead, create the jobs with other features of MeGUI. AutoEncode is for the impatient user.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th May 2013, 14:16   #2993  |  Link
docholliday

I create a job,but it doesn't go to "Queue" tab. Tab is empty.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:01   #2994  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

More details please. What kind of sources do you want to convert to which target formats? Do you already have prepared AviSynth scripts?
_

Do not try to create a "New worker" in the "Queue" tab; this is not what you want!

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th May 2013, 15:11   #2995  |  Link
docholliday

I want to convert Remux to mkv format and add script then config like crop or something else,but when i finish my config "Queue" tab is empty.Which button should i click ? when i click Auto encode start encode or click Queue then start encode.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:28   #2996  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH@R View Post
I want to convert Remux to mkv format and add script then config like crop or something else,but when i finish my config "Queue" tab is empty.Which button should i click ? when i click Auto encode start encode or click Queue then start encode.
Did you disable "Autostart Queue" in "Options/Settings/Main Configuration?
Sorry, my english is very bad.
But yours is even worse
Old 13th May 2013, 15:45   #2997  |  Link
docholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Did you disable "Autostart Queue" in "Options/Settings/Main Configuration?
Sorry, my english is very bad.
But yours is even worse
Thanks dude.You are right i should disable auto.
Old 19th May 2013, 17:20   #2998  |  Link
jq963152

@ Zathor:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jq963152 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

why doesn't MeGUI update to AviSynth 2.6.0 when using the development update server?

With the development update server it's still at version 2.5.8.

As soon as we have a stable AviSynth 2.6 build I will update it. Currently it is still in alpha. But you can install any AviSynth build you like.

But what about this (see highlighted part):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEt View Post
Here is my builds of Avisynth 2.6 with several (mostly MT) fixes. MT mode stability is way better than Avisynth 2.5.8, general stability - the same as official Avisynth 2.6 (which is again better than 2.5.8 due to many bugfixes since then).

?

Install it yourself if you like.

I now asked IanB what he thinks about it:

Quote:

Do you think it's "fair" to say that AviSynth 2.5.8 is better than 2.6.0 just because the former is tagged as being "Stable" whereas the latter is tagged as being "Alpha" (like Zathor basically is argumenting)?

Or would you agree with SEt, that AviSynth 2.6.0 is better than 2.5.8, even though it's tagged as being "Alpha"?

And this is his answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post

As a 2.5.8 replacement 2.6.0 should be just as stable. It passes all current the 2.5 regression tests, while 2.5.8 fails a few due to bugs being fixed and test to expose them being added. Most problems show up in new code, so if you use the new 2.6 features, that is where you might expect to find problems. A lot of people are downloading 2.6. And the only 2.5 bug reports I seem to get are for things broken in 2.5.8 as well, the few 2.6 bug reports are to do with things like YV24 overlay and YV411 text painting.

I have most of the API changes mapped out to cover hooks for expected features for 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 like extra colour spaces and threading so that 2.6 plugins won't need to be recompiled. I have a long standing bug in the cache from 2.5.7 that I am working on at present and I intend to do an Alpha 5 release when I finish and test that fix. If Alpha 5 stands up without any new bugs I will probably promote it to Release Candidate 1, i.e. 1st Beta release.

So please update to AviSynth 2.6.0 in MeGUI .
Old 19th May 2013, 17:51   #2999  |  Link
Zathor

Maybe I wait untill the RC1. I do not have time to make any tests at the moment. But thanks for the information.
EDIT: Btw even if MeGUI provides 2.6 it will only be used when no AviSynth is installed at all on the system. Therefore it will be used by the more inexperienced users and the AviSynth build must work.
Old 22nd May 2013, 04:01   #3000  |  Link
daemon_k

Zathor
Hello
I am using MeGUI_2341_x86, during use, encounter some problems regarding the x264 presets, would like to ask you.

1, this MeGUI_2341_x86 default after installation only "* scratchpad *", but my level is relatively low, the setting of these parameters is more difficult, so I want to use profiles. So, I "http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139765" downloaded "MeGUI-x264_generic_profiles_v85.zip", my question is: the V85 and 2341 (MeGUI and x264) matches ? If not, could you please help us to sort out a matching profiles version?
2, on the x264 "Encoding Mode". If you do not use the "profiles_v85", where the default using "Const.Quality"; if you use the "profiles_v85", the corresponding parameter is "- bitrate". I would like to ask: What are two ways in actual use what is the difference? Specific use which way, can you please tell me about your experience?
3, this "2pass" and "3pass" in actual use What is the difference? I watched "profiles_v85", seems to be no use "3pass".

Very much like to get your help.

Thank you!
Closed Thread