Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th July 2006, 20:31   #1  |  Link
Mistwalker
Web based encoding

DV to Mpeg2, problems using CCE and avisynth

Alright, I'm having big troubles encoding DV -> Mpeg2. The problem is that I think that I get "blocky" results. I've been using CCE earlier when I made another DVD, and then the results were great. But I can't remember what version that was, but It was 2.68 or 2.70, can't remember which one

Another problem is that I can't use CCE properly since it won't load the AVS file that the DV -> Mpeg2 guide gives me. I get the error: "Frame size 852x56 is not supported. Supported frame size is up to: 720x576."

When I remove:
Code:
odd=SelectOdd.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
evn=SelectEven.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
I can open the AVS, and the error goes away. I don't know what those lines do, but I bet they are important :P

Here's the whole script for CCE that the guide tell me to use:
Code:
AviSource("C:\MyDVFiles\DV_type2_file.avi")
SeparateFields()
odd=SelectOdd.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
evn=SelectEven.Convolution3D(1, 6, 10, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
Interleave(evn,odd)
Weave()
DoubleWeave.SelectOdd()
I'm a quality freak, so I do need the very best quality I can get out of my DV stream. I've been getting a little better results by increasing the bitrate to avg 6000kbps. But I think that's far to high to get rid of the little blocks that are shown when encoding at 3-4000kbps.

I'm filming a lot, and I've been coding to XviD and DivX without any problems at all, but now I'm going to make a couple of DVDs for me, my friends and sometimes customers. So I need the videos be in really good quality, that's why I'm so concerned about the blockiness.

Thanks for any help at all, and if anyone have any tips how to handle DV streams in a special way to get some kick ass results, please tell me! I've been searching this forums like a maniac, but not too many are handling DV streams

And one more thing, is it impossible to get interlaced streams when encoding to mpeg2? Because I can see that the stream is interlaced when viewing the DV stream, but not when it has been encoded. I've tried all interlaced settings there is, and I've also tried using Canopus ProCoder 2, and I can't see that the mpeg2 stream is interlaced there either.

Or is it the DV stream that makes it look like it's interlaced so much, or vice versa? Or can't you see that the footage is interlaced when it's in mpeg2?

Thanks for anything!

Any recomendation for settings other then ones used in DVD -> DivX/XviD guides? PM ME! :)
Mistwalker is offline   Reply With Quote